GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had taken her to an atm and made her withdraw money that would make for sense to me for a robbery. But her contents were in her purse. This has me scratching my head.

Totally agree! Has me going nuts! I don't understand ANY of it.

I'm back up on the fence about the bloody photo.

In the below version of the photo it definitely looks more like a selfie in the alignment and the shadow on his left shoulder.

Though, I know that LE could very easily have taken the photo prior to him being helped regardless of EMT arriving prior to them, if that was indeed the case.

I couldn't make out what is reflected in his eyes (but I am certain I am going to have nightmares looking at that monster so close up on my screen....and in full retina display, too! YIKES!)

http://q13fox.com/2014/09/29/man-in...ous-realtor-disappearance-taken-into-custody/

I'm with ya sista!!! Going to have nightmares looking into his eyes so close!

So we don't know if her phone was found with her, somewhere in his possession, or if it has not yet been located, do we?

I'm back up on the fence about the bloody photo.

In the below version of the photo it definitely looks more like a selfie in the alignment and the shadow on his left shoulder.

Though, I know that LE could very easily have taken the photo prior to him being helped regardless of EMT arriving prior to them, if that was indeed the case.

I couldn't make out what is reflected in his eyes (but I am certain I am going to have nightmares looking at that monster so close up on my screen....and in full retina display, too! YIKES!)

http://q13fox.com/2014/09/29/man-in...ous-realtor-disappearance-taken-into-custody/
I don't think it was a selfie, but that link you posted with the pic, makes it look like one... One arm looks higher...

It's just another crime by a worthless 7x convicted felon. It's not robbery - her car, purse, etc. were left at the scene. As a Realtor, I just ask you all to give your Realtor a hug today.

I don't know if the pic is a selfie or not, but it has the look of one because he's looking slightly down the way a lot of people do in selfies, because they're looking at their image and not the camera lens.

A couple things:

1. I don't know about the rest of you but at this point, I don't really care whether that photo was a selfie or not. There is no way for us to definitively know, and either way, a phone is what led LE to AL.
2. I do not believe this whole thing was drummed up and she was murdered just so AL could get to BC's phone. No way. 0%. Even if he got access to the real estate app that has been brought up here, all he could do is go play around in vacant houses that would show BC's account was accessed. (And LE would KNOW, because she/her phone would be missing!)
3. He may have stolen her wedding ring and jewelry. Aside from that I believe he raped and killed her and the rape and murder is what he was after. The jewelry was an afterthought. I don't see why he would pass up a Cadillac to steal a dumptruck! Her purse and car were left untouched, and if there were car keys to that Cadillac, AL certainly had access to them.

It was a senseless tragedy.

I just don't understand what's in people's minds... I don't understand why he had to take away someone's, sister, mother, wife, friend....

If he was on drugs (which I have no idea if he was) then he wouldn't really need motive. Meth, bath salts, & some other drugs can make you paranoid and violent for no reason.
Another thing I have wondered in regards to a robbery motive maybe his intention was to rob her but something went horribly wrong, he killed her paniced and fled the scene with the body.
Also interesting to hear the police say that he called and set up the appt himself (so not a referral) this makes me go back to him targetting her for robbery, obsession or for whatever reason.

MOO

I could see him murdering her because she is rich and he had something against rich people. Even for a criminal their motive makes sense to them. So she is a rich Realtor. She shows up with what? A clipboard, some jewelry she may be wearing, a cell phone and possibly a few dollars in her purse. If I met up at a house with a Realtor Im not expecting them to bring all their worth with them. If I want that I will burglarize their house. This whole thing seems senseless.

Realtors aren't usually rich. The average income for a Realtor is in the 50k range before taxes and expenses. We spend a lot of money on gas and vehicle maintenance, advertising, association fees and more, which just about cuts that income in half. Oh, and we get no benefits...no insurance, no employer participation in retirement funds...no benefits, period. Not that I'm complaining, I love being a Realtor, but it takes several years to get established in the business, lots of working for free and investing everything you make in building your business. It isn't as easy as it looks. MOO

If he was on drugs (which I have no idea if he was) then he wouldn't really need motive. Meth, bath salts, & some other drugs can make you paranoid and violent for no reason.
Another thing I have wondered in regards to a robbery motive maybe his intention was to rob her but something went horribly wrong, he killed her paniced and fled the scene with the body.
Also interesting to hear the police say that he called and set up the appt himself (so not a referral) this makes me go back to him targetting her for robbery, obsession or for whatever reason.

MOO

To tag on this post, I would like to know when he made the appt to see the house. It would show to an extent, how much premeditation was involved. Was this all spur of the moment in the same day? Was the appt made two weeks ago? It would also tell us if it's likely he was on a drug binge and just plain lost all sense of reality. Although I still think he intended to kidnap/rape/kill her, perhaps he was low on drugs and money and needed to pawn her ring to get more. It could all tie in together.

It looks life selfie the way he is looking and also just picture of his face...why would police wanted to take picture of him like that anyway...jmo

BBM. IMO the cops were using that photo as evidence for the seatbelt citation. They probably also took a photo of his windshield. See below:

A deputy followed the ambulance to the hospital to issue Lewis a citation for careless driving as well as not wearing his seat belt, because there was evidence Lewis hit the windshield during the crash, the report says.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/us/arkansas-missing-realtor-beverly-carter/

Realtors aren't usually rich. The average income for a Realtor is in the 50k range before taxes and expenses. We spend a lot of money on gas and vehicle maintenance, advertising, association fees and more, which just about cuts that income in half. Oh, and we get no benefits...no insurance, no employer participation in retirement funds...no benefits, period. Not that I'm complaining, I love being a Realtor, but it takes several years to get established in the business, lots of working for free and investing everything you make in building your business. It isn't as easy as it looks. MOO
Someone in thread 1 said Beverly was #3 in the state. That speaks wealth to most people. I am wondering where that came from, if true she could have been using it in her advertising. So AL could have seen this and thought rich.
As a side note I am ranked fairly high in my state and use it in my advertising, now I'm wondering if that's a bad idea.

I was reading somewhere that he was referal...but we dont know much about this case...its similiar to erin corwin case not much informations giving to public either

To tag on this post, I would like to know when he made the appt to see the house. It would show to an extent, how much premeditation was involved. Was this all spur of the moment in the same day? Was the appt made two weeks ago? It would also tell us if it's likely he was on a drug binge and just plain lost all sense of reality. Although I still think he intended to kidnap/rape/kill her, perhaps he was low on drugs and money and needed to pawn her ring to get more. It could all tie in together.
I remember one of her friends saying on FB that the appt was made on Wednesday. Not sure if that is right though.

Lindsay Buziak was killed while showing vacant house in canada...she was24 :-(..and as i remember right the person who called to see the house was female...i think realtor should not go showing vacant houses alone...

I remember one of her friends saying on FB that the appt was made on Wednesday. Not sure if that is right though.

I read the same thing. That he made the appointment to view the house in his own name. It is why he was the POI from the beginning. One thing that seems strange to me is that he took her from the home and left everything behind. He only took her. It hasn't been reported that the husband walked into a bloody mess in the the open house.

I also read that his neighbor said he always had a lot of money and he didn't know where he was getting it from. He was talking about flipping houses. Possibly he really did have cash to make an offer on the house, but the offer he made did not meet the bank's minimum, and he flipped out. Personally, I think he was on drugs. Did he shave his head after he murdered her? The head shaving thing is common with addicts near the breaking point....trying to mark the beginning of change. (Sadly, I've been around someone who did this when out of their mind on meth. No one was harmed, however. But one does become psychotic after no sleep for 3 days...on top of any drugs.) The news today showed him confessing again, and he was almost weeping. Meth withdrawels make men weepy.

I think in his possible "drug mentality", he became enraged when his cash offer was not accepted by a "rich" woman....as if she had control of what offers could be accepted. In terms of his social media and dealings with other women, he seemed to be quite mysoginistic.

This guy also had weird sexual boundary issues. Of course there was the neighbor girl who complained to police about harassment. But he had strange photos of sex toys laying in the dirt, posted on his public Facebook page, claiming he "found" them on property sites. There were different ones, in different colors. I think those photos were intentional and staged. (Not to mention disgusting.) What kind of man publicly posts such things? One of his male friends even ridiculed him for it, and he tried to explain how he didn't touch anything and kicked them into place for the photos. My hope is that he was so high that he could not violate this poor woman.

This case, as many others, makes me so sad. It is such a waste of life. Beverly's family will forever be damaged by this. They appeared to be so close. Her son had many photos of her with him running various charity runs with him. Her husband looks so pained. My heart aches for them all.

At least they have who did it and she was found. Many victims and families never get this much. RIP beautiful Beverly.

. One thing that seems strange to me is that he took her from the home and left everything behind. He only took her. It hasn't been reported that the husband walked into a bloody mess in the the open .

Snipped by me.

The police stated that the house showed no evidence of any crime. This alone tells me this wasn't about setting out to kill her or an act of rage at that time. He got her out of that house somehow, and without a leaving any signs of a struggle behind IF LE were factual in their description of the house after the fact. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member