AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths, SmallTownMama!!! It is nice of you to be here with us. Before you get completely bombarded with questions, may I ask a few things?
1.) Have there been any unexplained fires or arsons since Cassie's disappearance? Specifically of abandoned buildings and the like? Either in Stuttgart or close by? Unfortunately, that kind of activity can some times indicate an attempt to destroy evidence. :(

2.) Regarding abandoned buildings, do you know if there has been an effort to have locals check their own properties and check any sheds or buildings or refuse piles that would be good hiding places?

3.) Have you heard of any effort to coordinate flyers and tip boxes during the next few weeks in order to take advantage of the number of hunters etc that will likely be descending upon Stuttgart?

4.) What is your gut? Do you think Cassie ran or do you think she is somewhere unable to speak for herself?

Hey there, I'll try to answer these as good as I can. I'm not exactly sure what the rules are on heresay or on happenings that I cannot confirm, but I'm going to try my best.

1) My uncle owns a building within one block of Cassie's home and within clear view. My grandfather told me that one day there were a few LE vehicles parked in the road for a little while. He said within 15 minutes of them leaving that the fire department came and put out a small fire. There is no evidence of a fire on the outside of the house, so I'm not sure how big or where it would have been. He said they were gone fairly quickly. [modsnip]

2) [modsnip]

3) I haven't heard much about the investigation within the last few weeks, actually since the volunteer search early October. I'm not sure if there have been any measures taken to involve or inform hunters. I do know that there are flyers of Cassie on many business doors in town. Every gas station and store I have been in lately there is a flyer on the door for people to see. I'm sure not all hunters will see these, but most should.

4) I believe something bad happened to Cassie, but I very much hope that I am wrong. At the beginning of the investigation my husband helped out LE a little since he knew Brandon. [modsnip] She had many reasons to run away and start new somewhere else. Again, I do hope I am very wrong.... but there is a lot working against those hopes.

SmallTownMomma,I am trying to digest everything you have shared. [modsnip] Thanks again for you insight, you have shed a new light on this situation.

Some things shared with me by an investigator (who knows I have searched property near me) that would be helpful to hunters IF SHE IS NO LONGER ALIVE: First, bodies are usually found within 5 miles of where they were last seen alive, [modsnip] Second, bodies placed in shallow graves are normally covered with rocks instead of buried under soil with a shovel because it is less work and quicker to move rocks by hand than to dig a hole with a large tool. This area has no natural rocks to use (other than gravel brought in to make roads), so the most readily available heavy objects would be heavy branches. (I am picturing a heap that might look like a beaver dam). Third, after this length of time it could be quite possible animals will have dispersed some of the remains. Don't expect to find a complete person in one place. I know of two possible scenarios that fit some clues which give those of us who know her a little hope of being alive, so I am uncomfortable being gruesome. I truly wish they would hold a community meeting to train some of the duck guides and other property owners guidelines of what to look for when out hunting. Side note: if you can find the Matthew McConnaughy movie "Mud" on Netflix, most of this movie was filmed within 30 miles (Casscoe-Stuttgart-DeWitt-Dumas). You will see the exact terrain.

The three weeks coincides with the beginning of the new school year. Hunter had started bringing Cassie to the large Wednesday night youth group activities at the big Baptist church. "Flipside" began when school started. I don't think Hunter and Tracey go to this church on Sundays, it is just hugely popular with worship music band and guest speakers bringing in at least 75 kids every week.

Many can relate to that kid that suddenly starts spending a lot of time with our own kid(s). That kid who seems a little lost, or outside, or desperate to hang out at your house for just one more hour.

I get the feeling that is the vibe that Tracey was trying to relay in interviews. The feeling that Cassie just really enjoyed being there and preferred to hang out with their family or in their home and seemed less than thrilled each time that ended.

Those are the friends of your children that you try to give a soft place to land even though you may not know why they need one, it is clear they do.

Screenshots aren't allowed, everybody. You can link to the facebook post, though.

Also, we don't do rumors.

Thanks,

Salem

I would imagine the posts were removed because of the information contained without being a verified insider.

Screenshots aren't allowed, everybody. You can link to the facebook post, though.

Also, we don't do rumors.

Thanks,

Salem

Thanks Salem, my apologies! Question-if 2 people close to Cassie are in jail are we allowed to bring that here or only if they are announced as POI in MSM? Thanks in advance!

Many can relate to that kid that suddenly starts spending a lot of time with our own kid(s). That kid who seems a little lost, or outside, or desperate to hang out at your house for just one more hour.

I get the feeling that is the vibe that Tracey was trying to relay in interviews. The feeling that Cassie just really enjoyed being there and preferred to hang out with their family or in their home and seemed less than thrilled each time that ended.

Those are the friends of your children that you try to give a soft place to land even though you may not know why they need one, it is clear they do.

I do think that is exactly what the lady on the news was trying to convey. I know we have had a couple of kids attach themselves to us over the years. Some let you know what was going on at home, and some did not.

How do we know they are in jail? You can post a link to the jail roster and indicate by initial who they are. Have they been named in MSM? Do you have any MSM at all that indicates they are close to Cassie?

You can also pm info and ask that we (mods) look at it and if it is okay to post.

We need to know there is some connection to Cassie.

Salem

Thanks Salem, my apologies! Question-if 2 people close to Cassie are in jail are we allowed to bring that here or only if they are announced as POI in MSM? Thanks in advance!

Just an FYI - if you want to link a specific post from facebook so members can read the comments underneath, just click on the date of the post and copy that URL. Then paste it here. That will take members directly to the post in question.

LOL - I just learned this recently so thought I would share :)

Salem

How do we know they are in jail? You can post a link to the jail roster and indicate by initial who they are. Have they been named in MSM? Do you have any MSM at all that indicates they are close to Cassie?

You can also pm info and ask that we (mods) look at it and if it is okay to post.

We need to know there is some connection to Cassie.

Salem

I'll message you first, I know one for sure is in MSM.

If the boyfriend had anything to do with it and literally couldn't drive, as in doesn't know how rather than couldn't afford a car, where could he have taken her on foot? He had a few days before she was reported missing, right?

Come back everyone!!! :) We had some great momentum going!

This is the info I have gathered so far for the poster...can anyone add and/or subtract for me?

Cassie Kay Compton
Missing From: 15[SUP]th[/SUP] St. Stuttgart AR
Date Missing: September 14, 2014
Sex: Female
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 100
Build: Thin
Eyes: Grey-blue
Hair: blonde
Race: Caucasian

Clothing Description: ?
Cell Phone Description: ?
Wallet/Purse/Backpack Description: ?

Cassie has facial scarring on the ? side of her face as pictured in the photo above. Dental records and DNA are/are not available. Cassie has been known to frequent ? places in/outside of town.

Circumstances behind Disappearance: Last known contact was with mother and another adult in the home at approximately 6:00PM the night she disappeared. Mother reports Cassie changed clothing at some point in the evening. Mother reports she attempted to contact Cassie via txt message and phone call. Cassie was called in missing by a concerned friend on Monday September 15, 2014.

Bumping this. Can any of our locals add to this description? Is there any local media that might have referred to her clothing?

Given the lack of description regarding her phone, I am starting to believe it may have been found ;)

I'm still here! :) I was trying to push a reporter for coverage. Lol

I think if the bf was involved(do we know for a fact his phone pinged in Casscoe or was that rumor?) I'm thinking either Cassie is close by, somewhere he's familiar with or someone helped him. Like a close friend, or dare I say Mom?
Again while it feel for parents of the missing, her varying stories still don't sit right with me. As many moms of missing people I've seen/spoken with, she's the sort that I can't ever seem to understand. IMO.

Cassie Kay Compton
Missing From: 15[SUP]th[/SUP] St. Stuttgart AR
Date Missing: September 14, 2014
DOB: December 6, 1998
Sex: Female
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 100
Build: Thin
Eyes: Grey-blue/hazel
Hair: Dyed blonde
Race: Caucasian

Clothing Description: ?
Cell Phone Description: ?
Wallet/Purse/Backpack Description: ?

Cassie has facial scarring on the left side of her face as pictured in the photo above. Dental records and DNA are/are not available. Cassie has been known to frequent ? places in/outside of town.

Circumstances behind Disappearance: Last known contact was with mother and another adult in the home at approximately 6:00PM the night she disappeared. Mother reports Cassie changed clothing at some point in the evening. Mother reports she attempted to contact Cassie via txt message and phone call. Cassie was called in missing by a concerned friend on Monday September 15, 2014.

Maybe some of our local friends can help to fill in those areas I highlighted in Red. TIA.

I'm beginning to wonder if the phone or evidence of has been located as well. It's very unusual for information like that to not be made public if its still MIA.

Thanks, Caring4Many!! I can help reach out if you need assistance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop