AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by GigTu
I am pretty sure I read that there were some surveillance videos from store(s) Cassie went to buy cigarettes from. Let's just say that's true and not rumor. If so, why aren't they being blasted all over the media the same way HG images were?

Can anyone confirm that Cassie, or any key players, were captured on video?

I posted this a bit up thread. I have poked a few reporters with it....no bites yet.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1536087843271832&id=1531296123751004
The reply to your question was that yes, in fact there was video captured, but because the investigation is active, they can't release it. Someone needs to tell the police that were handling the HG case, Boston bombers case, etc. that they weren't supposed to release the images and footage.

Seriously?

https://www.booster.com/arcostrong

This was a t-shirt fundraiser that was done for 3 high school boys involved in a serious accident recently. I understand that because Cassie wasn't enrolled in school that it might not raise as much money, but I still think it is worth a shot. Since there is no cost up front, then what is there to lose. No one else has done t-shirts yet... should I get the ball rolling?

What should the fundraiser be for? The Cassie Compton Fund? A reward? With unused monies to go to where? We will need to plan or coordinate. :)

I love the idea of the stretch bracelets too. Inexpensive, promotes awareness for Cassie, and teenagers like to wear them!

I have done a number of fund raisers that used the bracelets fwiw.

Ahem. Should I mention that the jamberry fundraiser is for reward fund, tshirts and bracelets?

I talked to someone associated with the Find Cassie Compton FB page. They are ending the jamberry campaign and have ended their association with it. The girl sponsoring it was rather nasty and demeaning on her fundraiser page and it was completely inappropriate.

I did suggest a post asking everyone to share their Cassie stories. I think she is going to use my wording:
"I want to invite everyone who knows Cassie to say something about her. Let the world know the person that she is. If Cassie has made you laugh, encouraged you when you were down, or just carried on a conversation with you online to keep you company... let's hear about it. Who is Cassie to you?"
Maybe this will help people who aren't local to feel like they know her a little better, because let's face it... it seems like there are more people who never met her who are standing behind her than those who know her. I know there are some in town that know her and are doing all they can, and if they are reading this then I don't want them to think I am talking about them, because I appreciate them.

I talked to someone associated with the Find Cassie Compton FB page. They are ending the jamberry campaign and have ended their association with it. The girl sponsoring it was rather nasty and demeaning on her fundraiser page and it was completely inappropriate.

I did suggest a post asking everyone to share their Cassie stories. I think she is going to use my wording:
"I want to invite everyone who knows Cassie to say something about her. Let the world know the person that she is. If Cassie has made you laugh, encouraged you when you were down, or just carried on a conversation with you online to keep you company... let's hear about it. Who is Cassie to you?"
Maybe this will help people who aren't local to feel like they know her a little better, because let's face it... it seems like there are more people who never met her who are standing behind her than those who know her. I know there are some in town that know her and are doing all they can, and if they are reading this then I don't want them to think I am talking about them, because I appreciate them.

Let me correct this by saying that I am the one who thought the jamberry girl was rude and inappropriate on her page. It was not someone associated with the Cassie FB page.

The reply to your question was that yes, in fact there was video captured, but because the investigation is active, they can't release it. Someone needs to tell the police that were handling the HG case, Boston bombers case, etc. that they weren't supposed to release the images and footage.

Seriously?

Wow....I don't even know what to respond with from that. But I will say-SOMEONE should be nervous. If the tape isn't being released, IMO-it's not just Cassie on that tape, someone is with her. When will they release it? Who has seen it? Eventually the truth will come to light.
If this were going on near me the media in the major city near by would already have petitioned a court judge for access on that puppy!

On my phone so hard for me to type but there is a small town dynamic here I think. I have never been to Stuttgart. I did grow up in a similar town. Locals correct me but as to the reporter and many other's apparent reaction :

1. In a small town investigative reporting is non- existing. In a very short time no one would would even talk to that kind of a reporter. They not only report there they have to live there.
2. Investigating the mother of missing child- see number 1. Also if the mother ends up not involved it could ruin a reporter 's career in a small town.
3. There is no such thing as a secret except to outsiders or sometimes LE getting involved could cause ramifications in a small town. Which is why I am pleasantly surprised that we have VIs and am happy for it.

Not that I have known in my three decades here.

Actually, there have been two additional Mark Duch (s) in Stuttgart. Name sounds the same, but neither still live here. The "friend" Mark Duke is the LEO who made a lot of new FB friends when running for Sheriff last election cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7