AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
slither younger...
slithery tongue??

and I have no idea about the rumors and lies re Cassie....that is what has me perplexed! And why I asked! Where is this being done?? Makes me WONDER if there is truth to it or not?
For example, our dear Hailey, you could find tons of stuff, good, bad & ugly, people just wouldn't be quiet about her in various places online....so unless they are burning up the phone lines and seats in the Gossip Cafe place there in town...i hear crickets

Slithery tongue - autocorrect?

ETA - is it possible there is other SM or blog sites like T * pix where these things are being spread? I ask because on the Stuttgart T * pix site a person named Cu***** makes an interesting allegation last tuesday!!

:cow:

Let's use JC as an example. She took a plea deal where she pled guilty to Cause, Procure, Or Permit - Injury / Sex Abuse to her daughter. We dont know the details of the crime, but I am assuming it was permit because the other two would most likely have incurred quite a bit of jail time. I mean there is a rep who sponsored a bill in OK in 2010 to make the above crime punishable by 50-life because the people charged with the above have a duty to protect so they are even more culpable for a lifetime of pain and suffering of the victim.

LINK TO BILL

The eligibility for life for the above crime was chopped out into a separate bill, 2965, which passed in March 2010.

My point is that she got a good deal. I dont know whether it was sufficient for the victim in the case, but there you go. Now, if a situation with Cassie causes her to touch on a repeat of this offense, she has a lot to lose.

I dont know if any of this touches on the lies she was referring to. We have linked the interview she gave admitting to her registry status, but she seemed to imply she unknowingly pled to something she didnt do on the advice of counsel.

Uh huh.

LINK to that interview HERE

Thank you

Totally agree.

I wonder if there were lies told in the early days, to cover some bad parenting or other misdemeanors, because if Cassie showed up those things would look bad in themselves. And now the lies are so ingrained they can't be backtracked on, even though now the original situation is meaningless in comparison to a missing child. I hope that makes sense. Small lies become big fat stinking lies very very easily.

I agree those are some interesting rumors floating around the WWW. It would confuse me if JC was referring to them though, unless she was objecting to the idea that BR confessed to something and she wasnt told first.

She is still a suspect right? Why would they tell her first?

I do think that there are lies being covered up inside of the home and that it is never too late to back track and straighten some of it out. The safety of a child is at stake. Much would be forgiven if it would give LE a direction.

I do think that there are lies being covered up inside of the home and that it is never too late to back track and straighten some of it out. The safety of a child is at stake. Much would be forgiven if it would give LE a direction.

People get their priorities twisted very easily, I find. Especially when in the midst of a situation that has spiralled out of control. I agree, it is never too late to backtrack, but we may also be past the point where the liar began to believe their own lies.

I agree those are some interesting rumors floating around the WWW. It would confuse me if JC was referring to them though, unless she was objecting to the idea that BR confessed to something and she wasnt told first.

She is still a suspect right? Why would they tell her first?

I DO believe that those are the lies JC's FB post is referring to because as if things are not bad enough who needs an anonymous person making things like that up out of thin air. If BR had confessed without a body it would be HUGE, unless LE deduced a false confession, dim bulb, etc.

I agree there are things that seem to be covered up inside the home but I do not think we are the only ones who can sense that,. In fact I would bet that LE had pretty good clue in just talking to both of them - they have not been un-named as suspects. I think, though JC is reacting to the allegation that BR confessed and that would - AGAIN - point to her as having let it happen by ignoring it. JMO

:cow:

Let's use JC as an example. She took a plea deal where she pled guilty to Cause, Procure, Or Permit - Injury / Sex Abuse to her daughter. We dont know the details of the crime, but I am assuming it was permit because the other two would most likely have incurred quite a bit of jail time. I mean there is a rep who sponsored a bill in OK in 2010 to make the above crime punishable by 50-life because the people charged with the above have a duty to protect so they are even more culpable for a lifetime of pain and suffering of the victim.

LINK TO BILL

The eligibility for life for the above crime was chopped out into a separate bill, 2965, which passed in March 2010.

My point is that she got a good deal. ]

"permit" means to authorize or allow for the care of a child by an individual when the person authorizing or allowing such care knows or reasonably should know that the child will be placed at risk of sexual abuse as proscribed by this subsection....

So if they were charging her for "permit" (ing) sexual abuse it would be because she would know or reasonably know that her husband would molest her daughter if left under his care? That doesn't make sense either, unless she had reason to believe he was a pedophile. I'll have to dig tonight to see how often this charge is used and what the circumstances usually are.

50 to life still sounds to weak to me - pedophiles and people who allow them to commit the abuse/encourage them should be never be allowed to walk the streets again. IMO of course. She got a good deal if she did in fact have knowledge of and allow the abuse. I really hope that wasn't the case.

In every case people post rumors and "lies"on facebook, Twitter, comments on article. Also, talk in town. IMO, that is what she is talking about. I have also seen in cases people say the person has been found, when they haven't. I followed the Hannah Graham case and I can't count how many times people said they saw her, that were not true. I read so many things that I am sure are not true. She called her dad and returned home. Then there are cases I have followed where rumors have been started. I understand that she is a POI, but, I haven't heard her as a suspect or LE say she is responsible for Cassie's disappearance. So, I will just keep going with she is a mom who still has feelings and misses her daughter and lies and rumors hurt her, just like any other mother of a missing daughter, until LE gives us something more. I hope that sure is soon!!

Hello straw. Those are really good thoughts and you brought up good points we did talk about.

I think, though, we are still stuck at determining whether or not she actually made it home on 9/14/14. Until we can get some proof of that, we can't really theorize at this point.

Jumping off this thought, being that she was homeschooled she could have been missing for a while. We know she went to the doctor before going missing - after that appointment are there any pictures of her or sighting besides the 4 people closest to the case?

^^ fwiw, supposedly she was at the football game there in Stuttgart that Friday night... one of her FB friends had mentioned fun, or something last night at the the game, and then her name and she had liked it... Its gone now since her last FB has mysteriously gone missing
(I think I have a SS)

Where did the doctor visit come from? I dont remember that being on Cassie's FB page.

Getting back to the permit injury/sex abuse-if the child told her about it and she did nothing and it happened again, I can see the permit sex abuse charge. She indicated that her daughter told a grandmother that she was being molested. What ever happened rose to the level of culpability for JC and she pled to it rather than going to trial which makes me wonder how dark the situation really was. It was clearly a heinous crime against her daughter, but I wonder what JC was looking at for possible time.

I would like to know what she was charged with and if it was the same as what she pled guilty to.

From hockeymom4's post:
I understand that she is a POI, but, I haven't heard her as a suspect or LE say she is responsible for Cassie's disappearance.

She and BR are the only named suspects, not even named as POIs. They were named as actual suspects.

Where did the doctor visit come from? I dont remember that being on Cassie's FB page.

I don't think it was ever on any FB page but it came up awhile back in the early days. I can't recall how we had heard about it. Maybe an interview?

ETA: For anyone curious, no call from the reporter....again.:gaah:

I don't think it was ever on any FB page but it came up awhile back in the early days. I can't recall how we had heard about it. Maybe an interview?

ETA: For anyone curious, no call from the reporter....again.:gaah:

JC posted a picture of Cassie at the Dr office on her Facebook page but I don't think we can confirm when it was taken. Her sister in law had also posted a comment referring to Cassie having told her a "secret" which led some to believe she may have been pregnant. There may have been other mentions as well but these are what I can recall off the top of my head.

Given the timing of her relationship seemingly going downhill in the months prior to her disappearance I would agree it is a sound theory that could have escalated some problems at home.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1499990013609131&id=100007944405545&pnref=story

sticking this back over here- the suspectss/no one ruled out article & video

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/c...-up-about-past

snipped- "Detective Lieutenant Mark Duke of the Stuttgart Police Department said Judy and Brandon are still considered suspects"

and/But then, in the video the reporter says @ :40 "no one has been ruled out as a suspect"

RE the doctor- didn't JC say in some interview that Cassie had been to doc recently and was taking some meds for a cough/bronchitis?

RE the 'secret', iirc that was her SIL posting on her 1/2 brothers fb

JC posted a picture of Cassie at the Dr office on her Facebook page but I don't think we can confirm when it was taken. Her aunt had also posted a comment referring to Cassie having told her a "secret" which led some to believe she may have been pregnant. There may have been other mentions as well but these are what I can recall off the top of my head.

Given the timing of her relationship seemingly going downhill in the months prior to her disappearance I would agree it is a sound theory that could have escalated some problems at home.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1499990013609131&id=100007944405545&pnref=story

Just to clarify-it wasn't the Aunt it was Cassie's sisters wife that had a post on her page. It was debated on whether it was posted by her or the brother.

As for the dr, someone (I believe a VI) did say that Cassie had a dr appt prior to her disappearance before the photo was released. I'll try to find the posts to clear it up. But it was stated she was believed to have gone for a cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur