AR - Couple attempted to sell baby for 6 pack of beer and $1,000 - 9/25/24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score

Darien Urban, 21, and Shalene Ehlers, 20, the baby’s parents, were arrested by the Benton County Sheriff’s Office on Sept. 21. Both face felony charges of endangering the welfare of a minor and attempting to negotiate the relinquishment of a minor for adoption.

1727315539683.png1727315547451.png

here's some FB pages for them - she has more but they're from when she was younger and not relevant IMO - they were begging for money and posting a fundraiser in 2023 with a different baby - WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BABY???:

Last edited:
what the . . . .

The responding officer obtained the letter signed by the baby’s parents that read, “I Darien Urban and Shalene Ehlers are signing our rights over to [redacted] of our baby boy [redacted] for $1,000 on 09/21/2024.”
[snip]
“Disclaimer: After signing this there will no changing y’all two’s minds and to never contact again.”
[snip]
the baby had a “bad ammonia and fecal odor,” [snip]“heavy rash, blisters and swelling on the baby’s buttocks and genitals.”
Couple allegedly tried to sell their baby for $1,000 and beer

they "sold" this two month old baby and left him overnight with an obviously intoxicated male stranger.

Couple accused of trying to sell baby at Benton County campground

Thank god they don't have this baby anymore.
I am with @LadyL - where is their daughter [R] who was a few months old in July of 2023 and was the subject of a fundraising campaign on Darien's FB page?? I am very concerned this isn't the first baby this couple has abandoned/sold to heaven only knows who!

Did the guy they sold him to turn the baby in? Ug. This is heartbreaking but the baby is better off away from them . Unbelievable.
apparently these folks all stay at a campground. A heavily intoxicated Ricky Crawford asked if he could keep the baby for the night because he later claimed to LE the baby seemed to need assistance/care. The couple agreed in exchange for a6 pack of beer. The couple then got Ricky to assist in selling the baby to a second guy, Cody Martin, who was to give them $1000.00 on Monday. In exchange the couple created (with assistance from drunken Ricky) their own handwritten termination of parental rights letter which contained a "no take backsies" clause (FACEPALM).

The manager of the campground got wind of all this business and contacted police, who located the baby (unclear whether with Ricky or Cody) and took to hospital.

here's some FB pages for them - she has more but they're from when she was younger and not relevant IMO - they were begging for money and posting a fundraiser in 2023 with a different baby - WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BABY???:

Does anyone know what happened to this other poor baby?! My heart breaks reading this and out of concern for the beautiful baby girl they set the fundraiser up for. Is there anyway to find out any information on the baby they set the gofund me up for?

This is absolutely heart wrenching! I cant believe this!! Does anyone know what happened to the other baby? They look very young, but that is absolutely no excuse for this!! There is no excuse or reasons for this!! Have they been arraigned? I hope the judge denies them any bond.

apparently these folks all stay at a campground. A heavily intoxicated Ricky Crawford asked if he could keep the baby for the night because he later claimed to LE the baby seemed to need assistance/care. The couple agreed in exchange for a6 pack of beer. The couple then got Ricky to assist in selling the baby to a second guy, Cody Martin, who was to give them $1000.00 on Monday. In exchange the couple created (with assistance from drunken Ricky) their own handwritten termination of parental rights letter which contained a "no take backsies" clause (FACEPALM).

The manager of the campground got wind of all this business and contacted police, who located the baby (unclear whether with Ricky or Cody) and took to hospital.
Have they released a copy of the letter? This is absolutely insane and heartbreaking...

what the . . . .

The responding officer obtained the letter signed by the baby’s parents that read, “I Darien Urban and Shalene Ehlers are signing our rights over to [redacted] of our baby boy [redacted] for $1,000 on 09/21/2024.”
[snip]
“Disclaimer: After signing this there will no changing y’all two’s minds and to never contact again.”
[snip]
the baby had a “bad ammonia and fecal odor,” [snip]“heavy rash, blisters and swelling on the baby’s buttocks and genitals.”
Couple allegedly tried to sell their baby for $1,000 and beer

they "sold" this two month old baby and left him overnight with an obviously intoxicated male stranger.

Couple accused of trying to sell baby at Benton County campground
Does anyone know who turned them in? In my opinion everyone involved should be charged with something for not immediately contacting the authorities and allowing the baby to stay overnight with a drunken strange man.

Does anyone know who turned them in? In my opinion everyone involved should be charged with something for not immediately contacting the authorities and allowing the baby to stay overnight with a drunken strange man.
apparently the campground manager got wind of all the baby selling and contact LE.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back