Reaction score
Enoch Pennington

1672778077385.png

MP98682
Enoch Pennington, Male, White / Caucasian
Missing since May 21, 1987 from Bentonville, Arkansas; Benton County
5'6-5'7; 125-140 lbs
Brown Hair; Brown Eyes
Tattoos: EFP on left arm, cross on left forearm , cross on right forearm. U.S.A. upper right arm, love on lower right forearm, Mollie on upper right arm, bird design on upper right arm, initials TM on right forearm

Enoch was last seen by family members in 1987. No contact has been had with him according to his family since 1987. It is unknown at this time whether foul play is involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...i7UNzPupol&id=100064868580953&mibextid=qC1gEa

The Criminal Investigation Division of Benton County Sheriff’s Office has received a recent report of a missing person, who according to family members has been missing since approximately 1987.
A case has been opened regarding the disappearance of Enoch Pennington and he has been entered into the missing person’s database.
Enoch lived in the Rogers and Bentonville areas of Benton County. Enoch would currently be 59 years old.
If anyone has any information regarding him or his whereabouts, please contact Lieutenant Hunter Petray at 479-271-1009 or hunter.petray@bentoncountyar.gov

1674494785315.png

Search Results - Never Forgotten | Arkansas Takes Action

Enoch Farrell Pennington​

Current Age: 59
Race: White
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 140 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black

Information​

Date Missing: 5/21/1987
City of Report: Bentonville
Case Number: S0C22-005166

Alias Names​

• PENNINGTON,ENOCH
  • PENNINGTON,ENOCH FARREL
  • PENNINGTON,ENOCH FEARL
  • PENNINGTON,ENOCH FERRELL
  • PENNINGTON,ENOCH FRILL

I'm curious as to why the family didn't report him missing for so long (almost 36 years from the last time he was seen). I hope more information will become available regarding the circumstances of his disappearance.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...i7UNzPupol&id=100064868580953&mibextid=qC1gEa

The Criminal Investigation Division of Benton County Sheriff’s Office has received a recent report of a missing person, who according to family members has been missing since approximately 1987.
A case has been opened regarding the disappearance of Enoch Pennington and he has been entered into the missing person’s database.
Enoch lived in the Rogers and Bentonville areas of Benton County. Enoch would currently be 59 years old.
If anyone has any information regarding him or his whereabouts, please contact Lieutenant Hunter Petray at 479-271-1009 or hunter.petray@bentoncountyar.gov

View attachment 397192
1674630982361.png
Enhanced/removed moire

I wonder if his family is willing to shed light on why they stopped contact (or the parents), what his arrests were for etc.

i hope they find him somehow.

pennington_enoch.jpg
pennington_enoch2.jpg

Pennington, circa 1987
  • Missing Since 05/21/1987
  • Missing From Benton County, Arkansas
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 23 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'7, 125 - 140 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Pennington has the following tattoos: the letter "EFP" on his left arm, a cross on his left forearm, a cross on his right forearm, the letters "USA" on his upper right arm, the word "love" on his right forearm, the name "Mollie" on his upper right arm, a bird on his upper right arm and the letters "TM" on his right forearm.

Details of Disappearance​

Pennington was last seen in Bentonville, Arkansas on May 21, 1987. He has never been heard from again. Very little information is available in his case because he was not reported missing until 2023. Few details are available in his disappearance.

There are a number of people asking why he was reported so late. I suspect that both his parents predeceased him which would have only left siblings to make a report, and they may not have been close. The reason I say this is an obituary at PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions for Frank Pennington in 2015 which lists his surviving siblings, including an Enoch Pennington. The parents were William Pennington, who died in 1974 and Viecella (nee Crites), who died in 1981. Other records on Ancestry confirm that the couple married in Bentonville in 1944. Whilst I cannot be certain this is the right family it does seem very likely.

That would be an great match except for the fact that the UID was found almost two weeks before the date Enoch was reportedly last seen. I wonder if the family is certain about the date.
They suggested that the date was wrong after so many years

They suggested that the date was wrong after so many years
Perhaps, but with such a specific date it makes me think the family have a reason to be sure about it, like it was recorded in someone's diary or they remember that he was last seen on a relative's birthday. But we don't know, so it's probably worth sending a tip regardless. Did they tip it in?

<modsnip: not an approved site> Wow! I am hopeful the family will be able to resolve this with the DNA testing and publicity now. I wonder if he has settled down under an alias.

Thoughts on Enoch being UP4774?
Height and weight are estimated so they might be off but he was found close, a year later and matches the age range.
John Doe's hair is described as blond but if Enoch's was kind of light it might be mistaken for blond (pic are black and white so we can't tell).

How about the I81 South John Doe ?

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6248Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found May 27, 1987
Location Found Rockbridge County, Virginia
Estimated Age Range 20-40 Years
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Info from the killer:

John Swartz, who was convicted in this homicide, left Little Rock, Arkansas on May 16, 1987 with a load of toys to be delivered to Edison, New Jersey. Along the way he picked up "Chris" at the Petro Truck stop in Wytheville, Virginia, four to five hours away from this destination. At the truck stop, Chris told John he had been stuck at the truck stop for two days without food. Chris stated he was trying to get to an uncertain location to go camping. John made an offer to pay Chris for unloading his truck. They arrived in New Jersey on the 18th of May and he paid Chris fifty dollars for unload help. Chris bought food and a small folding knife with this money. An argument ensued over money with Chris demanding $100 and several of Swartz's personal items in the truck. Chris threatened to turn in John for having an unauthorized rider, and at some point put John's name and truck company in his pocket. The next day they got another load, and started back toward Arkansas. While at a truck stop in Raphine, Virginia, Swartz said that Chris pulled out his knife, and made threats of harm if he did not get more money or Swartz's personal items. Around 4.00 a.m., several miles down Interstate 81, Swartz pulled over to the shoulder, and told Chris that he had to relieve himself. Chris got out and at this time, was shot and killed. The next morning Swartz discarded Chris' possessions and continued on to Arkansas. Swartz died in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP
Back