AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't as easy as saying we can learn from our mistakes made so many years ago when the transgression has the psychology of pedophilia attached. If we have learned one thing from being on WS, it is being aware pedos have an ongoing lifetime problem with their sexual preference/predilection for children. JD should have been removed from the victims' home permanently and certainly not allowed to be part of their television life, imo. This would have been the very least of appropriate action to take in protecting not only the girls in his family, but associated families.

By giving him a role on the show, his parents enabled him to become a "star" giving him even more power should he decide to abuse other children. I find it reprehensible he should have been able to work with children all this time without anyone except the few knowing his predisposition and of his actual acts perpetrated on innocent girls. He was old enough to know better and he wasn't "playing doctor" as SuzDuJour mentioned. This was serious and yet shoved right under the proverbial Christian rug.

Clicking "thanks" was not enough for your post. Thank you!

Ya know I am never going to hear the end of this when hubby gets wind of this news lol. When I would watch he would ask me why I watched. I explained there were a few aspects to this lifestyle I found refreshing. And there were a few. He would just say the whole lifestyle is just not normal and nothing good will come of this. He may have been right!

It's complex. The world is not black and white. There are good things about these people and their lifestyle.

Think it's long past time that TLC needs to seriously consider who it is that they feature on their show.
Don't they 'vet' these people and find out what their pasts are ?
How hard is it to do a background check ???

A background check wouldn't have uncovered this prior to the show airing.

I am not by any means a supporter of this family or a fan of the show. I DO find it somewhat hypocritical that there are many demanding that the show be cancelled---yet there was no corresponding demand that Lena Dunham be banned from television or other media when she ADMITTED to this exact same violation of a sibling.

No ma'am! No. Lena was a little girl who looked inside her 1 year old sister's vagina after her mom told her every girl had a uterus. She did not admit to anything close to the exact same thing. Josh purposely fondled his siblings as a teen male for the purposes of sexual gratification. Not curiosity.

Agree Gitana that's why I watched the show. There were some refreshing parts to their life style. He just liked to tease about it.

Of course. the little girls are the ultimate victims here. I was just saying that I felt that Josh, at 14, was a bit of a victim too...of this ridiculous notion that he was expected to live under. It makes no sense and placed a tremendous amount of pressure on him with no release valve. I place the blame on the parents in this particular case.

But he was the one creeping around molesting four of his younger sisters.

Oh boy. Here's what these girls likely felt about themselves. This is a story the mother told them to teach them to stay "pure":

“Imagine that your parents are going to surprise you and give you a brand-new bike for Christmas. Two weeks before Christmas, they buy your bike and hide it in the storage shed in the backyard. But then the boy next door sneaks into the shed and borrows your new bike; he stunt-rides it up and down the back alley.
“On Christmas morning your parents lead you out to the shed to reveal the special gift they bought for you, and as they open the door and say, ‘Surprise!’ they’re just as surprised as you are. You’re all shocked to see that the bike looks like it’s been thrown off a cliff. The front fender is missing, and the front tire is warped so it rubs on the frame. It’s dirty, the paint is all scratched and chipped, and the seat has a big rip in it. It looks worse than something you would have bought at a garage sale.
“I’m sure you would still be grateful for the bike, and you would have fun riding it, but it won’t be in the condition your parents had hoped and dreamed it would be when you received it. You would miss out on a lot of the enjoyment they meant for you to have.
“In that same way, we don’t want any boy (or girl) to come and steal your purity.”

Note the emphasis: The onus to protect your purity is on you. If someone steals your purity, you are a ruined bicycle with warped tires and a ripped seat. Your value has been stolen. Your parents’ dreams are ruined. You are used and cheap and valueless.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2015/05/22/the-duggars-dangerous-cult-of-purity/

Much more in the article about their cult of purity.

Maybe I am stupid but where and how are individuals getting copies of juvenile records?
Isn't it a law that juvenile records are sealed so we give mixed-up kids who made a poor decision(s) a chance to improve and start their adult life with a clean slate? I am sick of people having to look remorseful, apologize, and re-live situations that happened a decade or more ago. Other than murder, most crimes have a statute of limitations. Is there ever a statute of limitations on people being allowed to move on? On people illegally obtaining sealed records? I don't think he should apologize to the general public. Whatever happened was dealt with at the time. Who are these people that just cannot let people alone? Worse than gossip, IMO.

Wow....Mike Huckabee....I don't know much about him, except now I know that he's delusional.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...g-molestation-allegations/?wprss=rss_national

“Josh’s actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, ‘inexcusable,’ but that doesn’t mean ‘unforgivable,’ ” Huckabee said in a statement posted on Facebook Friday. “He and his family dealt with it and were honest and open about it with the victims and the authorities. No purpose whatsoever is served by those who are now trying to discredit Josh or his family by sensationalizing the story.”

Two words- Base Connect. Big fundraiser for Huckabee and it's COO just pled guilty to child *advertiser censored* possession and file sharing in January with 20 years federal time and 15 years registering as a sex offender. It was a plea deal-if he had gone to court with the full boat he would have been a lifer imvho. Michael Centanni. The COO. Huckabee seems to be surrounded with people who dont have his same moral fiber. Or, maybe, they do. Sorry...low blow. Is anyone talking about why a judge insisted the files be destroyed yesterday when it isnt common practice to do so?

Maybe I am stupid but where and how are individuals getting copies of juvenile records?
Isn't it a law that juvenile records are sealed so we give mixed-up kids who made a poor decision(s) a chance to improve and start their adult life with a clean slate? I am sick of people having to look remorseful, apologize, and re-live situations that happened a decade or more ago. Other than murder, most crimes have a statute of limitations. Is there ever a statute of limitations on people being allowed to move on? On people illegally obtaining sealed records? I don't think he should apologize to the general public. Whatever happened was dealt with at the time. Who are these people that just cannot let people alone? Worse than gossip, IMO.

The investigation was from 2006 iirc. Josh wasnt a juvenile when the second investigation was opened. ASP handled the original investigation, iirc, which was in 2003. The second investigation was opened when a Duggar lent a book and there was a letter or document in the book referencing his crimes I think. Josh confessed in 2002, 2003 and currently right? We can call them crimes safely.

But he was the one creeping around molesting four of his younger sisters.

If the records were not illegally obtained and made public, this thread would not be here. Who is responsible for that wrong? Will they be publicly shamed as adults for a recently committed crime? No. But Josh Duggar will again, right now.

SMH. How is this even legal?

Judge orders Josh Duggar's Record Destroyed

kansas police have destroyed a record outlining a nearly decade-old investigation into reality TV star Josh Duggar, a spokesman said Friday, a day after the 27-year-old resigned his role with a prominent conservative Christian group amid reports about sexual misconduct allegations from when he was a juvenile.

"The judge ordered us yesterday to expunge that record," Lewis said, adding that similar records are typically kept indefinitely. "As far as the Springdale Police Department is concerned this report doesn't exist."

Arkansas Sen. Bart Hester said Josh Duggar, who he has known for about five years, has been open and honest about the incident with wife, family and friends. State Sen. Jon Woods, who has known the Duggar family since 2005, said the family had put the issue behind them.

"It's between the family members and was addressed a long time ago but it's new to the public," Woods said. "The family had time to heal and now the public needs time to heal."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-josh-duggar-record-destroyed-20150522-story.html

What's a little sexual abuse among family members, eh? :sick:

This story is relevant on so many levels-they hold certain views, they insist on certain things and they have made themselves public figures. This isnt Josh stealing candy from the 5 and 10. This is a repeat predator and someone who was sexually abusing during some pretty formative years.

The Duggars go to guy who counseled Josh is in jail for 56 years. You cant make this kind of stuff up. It is horrible that his victims have been forced into the spotlight, but they were forced into the spotlight by their parents when the show started and they knew they had this buried deep. In any case, the show is pulled and I assume the re runs will be as well.

BBM.

That's the thing. It wasn't dealt with at the time, not by the proper authorities.

I would guess more people would be willing to leave Josh and the family alone if they hadn't based their careers on proclaiming the lifestyles of certain (non-child-molesting) adults as evil. ETA: And portraying said adults as ipso facto child predators. And portraying themselves as above reproach. Even though they saw to it that their own child predator wasn't reported to the authorities.

Glass houses and such.

Even Jesus hated hypocrites.

First to throw stones and such.

If the records were not illegally obtained and made public, this thread would not be here. Who is responsible for that wrong? Will they be publicly shamed as adults for a recently committed crime? No. But Josh Duggar will again, right now.

?? It was a legitimate FOIA request made to the jurisdiction that did the investigation in 2006. I am not sure what you are referencing. ASP says they destroyed their records of the original investigation. Harpo Productions has the material as well. None of it was illegally obtained.

Records were obtained legally through freedom of information act.

Wow. I agree that juvenile records should be sealed and I have no idea how these were released. Other than that, wow. He molested very small children. Repeatedly. Even after confession and being "disciplined" for it. That's not "poor decisions." A poor decision would be failing to put oil in your motor, not taking an umbrella on a darkly cloudy day, picking the wrong major in college, dating a loser. But molesting five girls over and over again? I'm sorry. IMO, that's quite a bit more than a "poor decision".

And he never obtained true help for what he did which was totally covered up until the staff at the Oprah show got wind of it. So this is alarming.

In the meantime, these people are portraying to the world a model of purity and perfect parenting, while advocating hard for laws that discriminate against the LGBT community, calling such people "pedophiles" that threaten the family. Hypocrisy much?

I have never heard of these people, but I get the distinct impression they will now be used as a propaganda tool to foment more hate towards real Christians JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.