AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are plenty of "real Christians" (whatever that means). We are quietly going about our daily lives with faith. :) Some of us (me) even have sons and daughters who are in committed same sex relationships (married) with partners who are also Christians. We don't garner much attention though. No TV show. :giggle:

Awww, Labor, I would so much rather see your family on tv than this. :) Real Christians love everyone, because that is what Christ said to do. And He also made it pretty clear where he stands on the treatment of the little ones. Ugh,, this has me so, so, so mad I can hardly stand it. Hitting close to home . And now I'm really afraid for these victims because the media will try to ..... suss out which is which and ' what happened' to them, etc. I don't really understand the need to know details of this kind of thing. They were molested, plain and simple. Why do some feel they need a play by play of what that entails?

Ugh, just had a horrible thought. Now the Duggar are $$ free because they got dumped. Would they coerce these girls to give interviews for $$ now that their gravy train has ended? So sickening.

Josh did this multiple times and multiple interventions didnt work. So he was sent away for a few months. And on his return to the household he was brought over to the home of an ASP LEO who spoke sternly to him...this same LEO is now doing 56 years for child *advertiser censored*.

And yes he was an adult when the investigation was opened in 2006. Why is the record of that investigation now being destroyed by court order? It isnt customary that a case like this one have the records destroyed. Why was it ordered?

They made themselves public figures and they held themselves up as examples and they accused LGBT couples or individuals of being pedophiles. They did all of these things knowing that they had at least 4 victims and a predator living inside their walls.

Honey Boo Boo is the same story, essentially.

So, back to the vetting process for TLC-these rumors have been floating around for years, Oprah's producers pulled the plug on their visit when presented with evidence of the investigation...umm, does TLC purposely bring on ticking time bombs or is their vetting process an epic fail?

Sure would be nice to know.

Wonder how much time Josh spent with said LEO prior to these acts happening :thinking:

I have been seeing visions of the girls on the Dr Phil show saying nice things about Josh and how he was very young and anybody can make mistakes and they also have done things they should apologize for,and God has forgiven him so why shouldn't everyone else, and his lobbying career has been because he's prayed his way through this and found out how important family is, and how he loves Anna and his children very much and would never hurt anybody ever again but if he did it's the Christian thing to forgive.

Jim-<modsnip>used to be an AR state sen., IIRC.

And I believe he made a run for the local Congressional seat around the '02.

Does anyone think that had anything to do w/ covering up Junior's crimes?

I didn't know this....

But.... If true.....

VERY interesting!

:waitasec:

ETA: After reading further... I see Jim Bob AND Josh have political aspirations!

OK, OK, I yield!

A far-left kidtoucher is morally superior to a far-right kidtoucher.

Now, as I said above, I won't mention Dunham again.

disclaimer: I'm not a fundie Christian, but I vote "R" b/c I like guns and low taxes.
Haha. Now you get it!

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I watched the Duggar reality show a handful of times to see what the hoopla was all about :blushing: I felt like a gawker at a car wreck and suspected from the get go that the show was tightly scripted to make this super-sized family look like they lived a perfect life. I'm glad I didn't give the Duggars much of my time, but even a couple of hours of viewing time was more than this phony family deserved. :stormingmad:

I don't understand why Josh, knowing this had occurred and could come out someday, would take this very visible job in DC. Is he that full of himself, to think that no one would bat an eye?

IMO he was likely "forgiven" and moved on due to his Family teachings. At least I hope he moved on. Was he heading down the path of pedophilia (due to age) and is he a pedophile today?

I didn't know this....

But.... If true.....

VERY interesting!

:waitasec:

ETA: After reading further... I see Jim Bob AND Josh have political aspirations!
Yep. Which means that his family -all 19 kids- have insurance through the state. So in a way, taxpayers do fund their lifestyle.

I wonder if there will be any further public statements. I truly hope not. What would be left to say? Given how this was handled.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I watched the Duggar reality show a handful of times to see what the hoopla was all about :blushing: I felt like a gawker at a car wreck and suspected from the get go that the show was tightly scripted to make this super-sized family look like they lived a perfect life. I'm glad I didn't give the Duggars much of my time, but even a couple of hours of viewing time was more than this phony family deserved. :stormingmad:

LOL No worries I admitted to being a regular watcher :gaah:

I wonder how many would be support the Duggars if his crime at 14 was murder and not ' merely' molesting children.

I watched several episodes because I couldn't believe people actually lived like that. Most teenagers have a rebellious streak, at least I did, and wondered if one was going to say, that's it, and run and run as far as she/he could. I actually screamed at the TV for one of them to run. This Lena Dunham talk, I know who she is, I know what show she is on, but don't watch it, and vaguely remember something about her sister, though didn't really pay attention. But I've never seen her out there condemning other groups of people, and showing hatred, if she has, I wouldn't approve of that either, and I vote D.

Two tales of abuse upcoming.
A ) Family member molested by hardcore, radical, 'charismatic' church pastor. Kept is secret for about 50 yrs. That's Fifty! Too afraid to tell a soul because who would believe her over the community's religious leader? Spent all of her adult life in and out of doctors, hospitals, on various medications and is now riddled with health issues due to the years of overmedicated. After the pastor had been dead for many years, she finally made her ' outcry' statement due to prodding from her doctor . Half of her family members called her a liar because the man of God was far too holy for that. She's devalued again and goes back inside her mind. This time it's very deep and nearly cost her life more than once.
B) Family member molested by a step parent with no religious affiliation. Outcry comes at a very young age. Not one person besides perp told her she was lying. Child is removed from the abuser's home within an hour. She receives immediate and on going counseling. Police were involved . DA was involved. Everyone told her how brave and amazing she was for talking about it. Perp went to prison. Rough start for sure but today she's working and has kids and holding her own and doing ok. Upon release from prison, perp actually takes his own life and is no longer a threat to anyone.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not throwing all religion out with the bath water and saying all religions will protect abusers but it happens far too often. My point is, my fear for these girls is vast. I'm heart broken that they were not validated at the time. I'm imaging a weepy Josh and them feeling ' on the spot' to say ' yes i forgive you ' out of fear and thinking that would put it behind them and move on and only later on would the real impact be clear. Poor babies :(

I watched because I wanted to see that one time that I knew would happen (had to happen!) where Michelle would lose her cool and abandon her sickeningly sweet, soft voice. However, it never happened. Or it got edited out. Or the mood enhancers were just that good. I don't know.

Clearly this people who defend this ^ have their own issues. IMO

I haven't posted thanks for a while because my computer is going whacky and signing me in and out. Here are my random thoughts.

Thank you to the poster who put up the video from the first special of "14 Kids and Counting" from the old Discovery Health. That's when I first watched. I've followed them over the years. Seeing the house they were living in back then when the offenses occurred, it struck me that there was zero privacy in that house. The kids were stuffed into 2 or 3 bedrooms. It wouldn't surprise me if one or two slept on the couch sometimes. IIRC, it was a rental that was later sold or something and the family had to move to another house until their mega-house was completed. It was under construction at the time of this program.

I understand that they believed that they needed dormitory-style housing for that many children. However, it also strikes me that the boys and girls were completely segregated into different ends of the house. Less of a chance for a repeat offense as well?

Ty Pennington and his crew finished the house for the family on his Extreme Make-Over, Home Addition.

I don't know if THE "JD" (all the kids and dad are JD) was expressing his burgeoning sexuality in some way due to the cloistered childhood and zero legitimate opportunities or if he is/was a pedophile.

So far, there is only one college educated person in the extended family. That's Derek Dillard. When his and Jill's son was born, she made the comment that if they wanted, their children (sons?) would go to college if they wanted to. I hope the younger generation of females in this family finally show some gumption and live their lives as they want.

I watched because I wanted to see that one time that I knew would happen (had to happen!) where Michelle would lose her cool and abandon her sickeningly sweet, soft voice. However, it never happened. Or it got edited out. Or the mood enhancers were just that good. I don't know.

Likely edited if it happened. Think about it there were several "other Mothers" always around. If she got frustrated all she had to do was walk away and let one of the Girls take over LOL

That is horrible SCHMAE, wish people when making ridiculous excuses for molesting, like Donjeta just posted, would realize the long term effects and damage this causes for the victims and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16