AR AR- Julia Golden, teacher, clothes ripped off, stabbed 100x w. knife & icepick, throat slashed, suspects female, @home, 24/9/'89, *REOPENED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Feb 12, 2024
A 35-year-old cold case was closed last year despite it being unsolved. Now, efforts exist to open it again as the daughter returns home with a mission.

Sarah Horbacewicz February 12, 2024 Lengthy article.
'MCGEHEE, Ark. — In 1989, Julia Golden was a McGehee school teacher and mom to a three-year-old when her life was cut short.'

"[Golden] had been stabbed repeatedly," Howell said. "Throat had been slashed. Clothes were ripped off. [Police] said she was stabbed over 100 times."
According to police documents, investigators believe the killer likely "knew Golden well." Authorities have questioned at least five initial suspects and more than a dozen witnesses.
Investigators said Golden was likely killed with a knife and an ice pick by two people, steering detectives toward duos that included Wayne Harris, a married man Golden was rumored to have had an affair with, and his brother-in-law.
During an interview with Harris, he claimed he was home with his wife at the time of the murder. However, Harris did admit to having an affair with Golden, but said he hadn't slept with her in years.''

''Court records show another pair of initial suspects, Golden's coworker, Anette Thomas, and her girlfriend, Jody Matthews.
"It was said that there were two women that questioned my mother," Howell said. "If she was involved romantically with someone else... with one of them."
Additionally, court documents explained how the state believed Golden was jealous of Thomas' friendship with Golden, bringing them to her apartment that night.''

Feb 12, 2024
A 35-year-old cold case was closed last year despite it being unsolved. Now, efforts exist to open it again as the daughter returns home with a mission.

'MCGEHEE, Ark. — In 1989, Julia Golden was a McGehee school teacher and mom to a three-year-old when her life was cut short.'

"[Golden] had been stabbed repeatedly," Howell said. "Throat had been slashed. Clothes were ripped off. [Police] said she was stabbed over 100 times."
According to police documents, investigators believe the killer likely "knew Golden well." Authorities have questioned at least five initial suspects and more than a dozen witnesses.
Investigators said Golden was likely killed with a knife and an ice pick by two people, steering detectives toward duos that included Wayne Harris, a married man Golden was rumored to have had an affair with, and his brother-in-law.
During an interview with Harris, he claimed he was home with his wife at the time of the murder. However, Harris did admit to having an affair with Golden, but said he hadn't slept with her in years.''

''Court records show another pair of initial suspects, Golden's coworker, Anette Thomas, and her girlfriend, Jody Matthews.
"It was said that there were two women that questioned my mother," Howell said. "If she was involved romantically with someone else... with one of them."
Additionally, court documents explained how the state believed Golden was jealous of Thomas' friendship with Golden, bringing them to her apartment that night.''
Why does the websleuths title say “suspects female”? Never mind, I just read about it now in your post above!

Feb 12, 2024

Seems to me that they know who did it,and screwed up the investigation and trial.

LE won't want it reopened, since it makes them look bad.

Seems to me that they know who did it and screwed up the investigation and trial.

LE won't want it reopened since it makes them look bad.
Hello & Wow. You would think that others would have caught that as quickly as you did without all the information I possess. Thank you for your comment, and this brings me relief knowing how I feel makes sense. <modsnip - net yet a VI> Julia is my mother, and I plan on releasing more information soon for others to review and provide insight or possibly think of something that maybe I haven't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello & Wow. You would think that others would have caught that as quickly as you did without all the information I possess. Thank you for your comment, and this brings me relief knowing how I feel makes sense. <modsnip - not yet a VI> Julia is my mother, and I plan on releasing more information soon for others to review and provide insight or possibly think of something that maybe I haven't.

Good to know you're here --

Be sure to check out the Rules here, to become a Verified Insider -- otherwise your comments may be deleted!

Look forward to 'hearing' more from you....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry! Okay, will do! Thank you.

welcome to WS and sorry for your loss

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member