Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.katv.com/story/27463658/missing-police-searching-for-searcy-toddler

Malik's father, Jeff Clifton, experienced the loss of a child almost ten years ago. He says that nightmare is haunting him again.

"The main thing is for him to be home safe, it's not to get anybody in trouble. The main thing is to just bring my son home," Clifton said.

Quoting my own post to say this wording "it's not to get anyone in trouble" is strange to me.
What was the case where the father was involved in drugs and owed money and his toddler girl was kidnapped, then dropped back off close to her home? She walked right up to LE! I remember him making a statement like that and it ended up being that the girl was taken to scare the father into paying up. Anyone remember?

Wasn't it 6:30pm when Malik seems to walked away? In the pitch dark?

It's dark and cold. :(

Malik's pictures on his moms fb account do not portray an autistic child at all. He is smiling and looking right into the camera. Just an observation.

Praying this baby is alive and found tonight! So sad to hear all the volunteers were sent home and not hearing that they are continuing the search with helicopters. I hope they are.. It just wasn't on the news I just watched. :(

My son is on the autism spectrum and I have tons of pics of him smiling at the camera.

However, 2 y/ o seems young for any specific diagnosis.

Maybe the bio-mom left him with his dad while she took his twin to the doctor. Step mom was in the bath. Bio-mom rushes back to where she left him when she got the call to find out what happened. What throws me is when mom (which ever one it is) gets out of the bath and asks his twin where he is (his twin should be with bio-mom). Maybe he has a step sister and that's who she asked and the reporters have that confused too.

So glad we're only allowed to refer to MSM on WS...makes things so much less confusing...

Sigh...lol

A note on Autism: it is not uncommon to make "eye contact" when getting a picture taken. Nowadays it's not uncommon at all to be diagnosed by age 2, or soon there after. 4 of my 10 current clients are under age 3. In fact we like to get therapy started by age 3 at the latest.
I just wanted to note that these things don't stick out to people in the ASD community.

Praying this has a happy ending.

Quoting my own post to say this wording "it's not to get anyone in trouble" is strange to me.
What was the case where the father was involved in drugs and owed money and his toddler girl was kidnapped, then dropped back off close to her home? She walked right up to LE! I remember him making a statement like that and it ended up being that the girl was taken to scare the father into paying up. Anyone remember?

Step mom. Bathtub. "Not to get anyone in trouble." Yeah. Ok.

Anyone with a toddler please think about this.

You open the front door and your 2 year old walks outside. 45 minutes pass. Realistically, how far would your child go? Just play in the backyard? Run down the street?

I know every child is different but I just can't grasp that a 2 year old, in 45 min, went so far that now hundreds of searchers and LE cannot find him..

My son is on the autism spectrum and I have tons of pics of him smiling at the camera.

However, 2 y/ o seems young for any specific diagnosis.

My son is also. He is now very high functioning. (He's 10) You can't look at him or even talk to him and tell. But his teachers know and point out things like he doesn't look like he's paying attention, he stares off into space while they are teaching.. But give him a test and he aces it. Or if he gets in trouble, his affect is inappropriate. He smiles and doesn't seem to care. But he does. Today, you can take a picture of him if he's in the mood and you bribe him. Lol (stubborn) But when he was 2-3 years old and slightly older.. His pictures were never looking into the camera and smiling.
Anyway.. I'm just saying all this to say, I was speaking from personal experience and not being judgmental.
I know there are lots of areas on the spectrum and no two autistic children are the exact same.

Anyone with a toddler please think about this.

You open the front door and your 2 year old walks outside. 45 minutes pass. Realistically, how far would your child go? Just play in the backyard? Run down the street?

I know every child is different but I just can't grasp that a 2 year old, in 45 min, went so far that now hundreds of searchers and LE cannot find him..

Or, that dogs could not pick up his scent and track him~

Search continues overnight for missing Searcy toddler
Matt Mershon reports Nov 25, 2014 12:14 AM EST

Grandmother pleads for help in Searcy search
Kevin Trager HV 11 Staff, news source 11:17 p.m. CST November 24, 2014
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...er-pleads-for-help-in-searcy-search/70073836/

Hundreds Search for Missing Searcy Toddler, Law Enforcement to Search Throughout the Night
11/24/2014 10:20 PM
http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...-toddler-law-enf/27818/ydPl6yoGA0-FdEjwvjnmbg

Police: Search continues for missing Searcy toddler
Veronica Smith reports Nov 24, '14 updated tonight
http://www.kait8.com/story/27463266/police-search-continues-for-missing-searcy-toddler

Or, that dogs could not pick up his scent and track him~

They scented him to the spring rd. I read that the scent went west , then it went east to spring rd where they could not find another scent.

That is the most recent scent . I know they said that he has played in that area before so ,it is possible it is an older scent. Either way ,I think the scent trail is important .

I wondered if they scented his sister scent as well to see if the dog picked her up at the same location. If not they should have scented the other two people in the house.

The father, mother, and grandmother of the missing toddler spoke to KATV on Monday. With Malik missing for more than 24 hours, the family says they are getting desperate.

"He's so little, you know? He doesn't know his way around, and he doesn't have nothing on but a t-shirt and some pants and shoes...that's it," Malik's mother Tanya Drummond said.

Malik's father, Jeff Clifton, experienced the loss of a child almost ten years ago. He says that nightmare is haunting him again.

"The main thing is for him to be home safe, it's not to get anybody in trouble. The main thing is to just bring my son home," Clifton said.

The family is concerned that because Malik is autistic, the search efforts may be affected. Malik's mother told KATV that the boy doesn't like loud noises and would probably run away from them.

Malik's mother believes someone has taken him.

"That's what I suspect, because everything doesn't add up. With everybody looking, a child is not going to stay missing for that long," Drummond said.

My son is also. He is now very high functioning. (He's 10) You can't look at him or even talk to him and tell. But his teachers know and point out things like he doesn't look like he's paying attention, he stares off into space while they are teaching.. But give him a test and he aces it. Or if he gets in trouble, his affect is inappropriate. He smiles and doesn't seem to care. But he does. Today, you can take a picture of him if he's in the mood and you bribe him. Lol (stubborn) But when he was 2-3 years old and slightly older.. His pictures were never looking into the camera and smiling.
Anyway.. I'm just saying all this to say, I was speaking from personal experience and not being judgmental.
I know there are lots of areas on the spectrum and no two autistic children are the exact same.

My son is high functioning as well, but does have learning disabilities. But give him some Legos or a train set and he can build things you wouldn't believe!!

Have you ever noticed that pretty much all autistic children are very beautiful children? Little Malik is no exception...He and his twin are darling and I love how she looks just a bit bigger than he is. I bet she is so confused and upset. I have twin niece/nephew that are 3 and sometimes I don't think they realize they're separate people.

They scented him to the spring rd. I read that the scent went west , then it went east to spring rd where they could not find another scent.

That is the most recent scent . I know they said that he has played in that area before so ,it is possible it is an older scent. Either way ,I think the scent trail is important .

I wondered if they scented his sister scent as well to see if the dog picked her up at the same location. If not they should have scented the other two people in the house.

Spring Road or Spring Creek Road, Soul?

Spring Creek is almost 8 miles, Spring Road much further away.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/700...1e24df87208!2m2!1d-91.7388911!2d35.344672!3e0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow