GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut instinct says luminol wouldn't be useful in this case. I suspect some type of accidental non-violent death, most likely drowning.

If there was an accidental non-violent death, then why wouldn't they have called 911? I think they would be grieving and it would be very obvious to LE, even if we never saw it through the media. I suspect a drowning too, but not unintentional, if so.

I bet whomever took Malik did not count on so many locals showing up to participate in the search. I bet he or she has been surprised that the area was searched so very thoroughly... and not once, but twice!

Yeah, you're probably right. There's a slim chance that it could spot on the bathtub somewhere though, or even the drain, if Malik fell and hit his head. Or maybe an ALS (alternative light source) would highlight blood. I have some UV lights (don't ask) and everything from cat pee to blood to who knows what (think ewww) have lit up like Christmas lights, even after years.

But if abuse did happen in that house - a long shot but possible - it's a good idea to check for any blood spatter. JMO.

This is not nice and just guessing upon guesses, thinking the the worst, as the case may be, but if it were due to abuse, then the Dad would have to worry about LM spending time with the rest of his kids, which from the sounds of it, he may not be for now, at least, possibly?

I have 2 theories. The first is what everyone is saying- something happened within the home or family, either accidentally or as the result of abuse.

Then I have my far-out-improbable theory. Since it is so quiet, I will share.

There is part of me that thinks the gf wanted Malik for her own. Maybe even wanted the attention of having twins, or maybe wanted a son by this father. Maybe she had someone take him, just to keep until this missing business was out of the public eye, then start her life over with "her" twins.

Big gaping holes in this theory would be that I can't picture Dad ever going along with it, and surely she knew that, so there goes her happy family. Also, if this had happened, and Malik was alive and well with someone she knew, I think she would confess because that charge would be less than a murder charge.

I mentioned this crazy theory once before and dropped it. But looking again at the pictures from the missing poster- there are two main ones. One has him sitting next to a little girl on a couch. It is cropped on most of the posters, but the full pic is on Searcy PD FB page (please delete if not ok to mention). MOO, but that does not appear to be his twin. Also, in the 3 kids standing together that I've seen different places, Malik's twin almost appears to be an older sister, gf's daughter is standing next to Malik, and again, if you just saw that pic, it would seem those 2 were the twins.

Far fetched, and I lean very heavily toward the other theory, but just food for thought. MOO, JMO, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the search for a missing toddler -- entering it's third week -- dive teams continue searching a river just a few miles from where a missing 2-year old was last seen. now more than two weeks into the search for 2-year old malik drummond, kark 4's david goins shows us why detectives are focused on a park. david. david bob, the park in question - riverside park - just a few miles north of searcy - searcy police chief jeremy clark confirming this afternoon that dive teams worked over the weekend again in the little red river. and clark adds - detectives have not completed their work at riverside park. you'll recall - we first reported six days ago dive teams returned to the little red river based on at least one credible tip that came in. the next day, detectives returned to the park, this time searching the rocky bluffs and shoreline within the park. the searcy police chief saying tonight, despite a number of dives into the river - their work is far from over. (00:00 10 sec) Jeremy Clark says: "it's not as simple as hey put on a mask and jump down there and see what you can see.
So it's a slow tedious process to eliminate these areas because of how long it actually takes to cover a very small amount of ground." i also spoke with the last person police say saw malik - malik's dad's girlfriend - she told me both of them may want to talk in the future - but right now they don't. she also mentioned police seized her cell phone. david coming up at six, despite more time passing, why detectives don't believe this case is growing cold. back to you. ((bob)) this saturday the
http://www.onenewspage.us/video/2014...Third-Week.htm

BBM

I wonder what they are going to say as to why it is not growing cold. I like their attitude for sure. It might just be me, but I get the feeling they have someone in their sights.

the search for a missing toddler -- entering it's third week -- dive teams continue searching a river just a few miles from where a missing 2-year old was last seen. now more than two weeks into the search for 2-year old malik drummond, kark 4's david goins shows us why detectives are focused on a park. david. david bob, the park in question - riverside park - just a few miles north of searcy - searcy police chief jeremy clark confirming this afternoon that dive teams worked over the weekend again in the little red river. and clark adds - detectives have not completed their work at riverside park. you'll recall - we first reported six days ago dive teams returned to the little red river based on at least one credible tip that came in. the next day, detectives returned to the park, this time searching the rocky bluffs and shoreline within the park. the searcy police chief saying tonight, despite a number of dives into the river - their work is far from over. (00:00 10 sec) Jeremy Clark says: "it's not as simple as hey put on a mask and jump down there and see what you can see.
So it's a slow tedious process to eliminate these areas because of how long it actually takes to cover a very small amount of ground." i also spoke with the last person police say saw malik - malik's dad's girlfriend - she told me both of them may want to talk in the future - but right now they don't. she also mentioned police seized her cell phone. david coming up at six, despite more time passing, why detectives don't believe this case is growing cold. back to you. ((bob)) this saturday the

BBM

I wonder what they are going to say as to why it is not growing cold. I like their attitude for sure. It might just be me, but I get the feeling they have someone in their sights.

Interesting. I wonder what was said at six. Maybe just not cold because they aren't moving it to a back burner? I think you are right, they have their eye on someone.

As an aside, I hadn't realized until today that LE was still searching out at Riverside Park. I may not be able to get close to it while we are in Searcy.

Hope they find answers soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if this was an abduction that it did not occur from within the home. I don't believe anyone entered that home and took Malik! At least not uninvited. I think if he were abducted that he was outside. Not because he walked out the door on his own and there just happened to be a baby snatcher lurking or traveling by. But, he could have been playing outside, unsupervised, and with the knowledge of his father or his father's GF. For whatever reason, maybe the adult who should have been protecting and supervising him doesn't want to fess up to leaving him alone. But, I don't think an abductor would take him just to dump him in a river, and LE sure seems to think it's a possibility that he is there somewhere. IF he were abducted to be killed then the abductor is someone close to the family.

If there was an accidental non-violent death, then why wouldn't they have called 911? I think they would be grieving and it would be very obvious to LE, even if we never saw it through the media. I suspect a drowning too, but not unintentional, if so.

The number one reason for not reporting such an accident is that the parent(s) fear that other children in the house will be taken away by CPS. It makes no sense whatsoever but there you have it. :mad:

Oddly, this also holds in cases where a boyfriend/partner has abused or murdered a child. The stupid part is that if they finally go to the ER they come up with a ridiculous story that none of the medical personnel believes. Go figure.

clipped despite more time passing, why detectives don't believe this case is growing cold. back to you. ((bob)) this saturday the

BBM

This information below would keep it less than cold, it may be possible.

i also spoke with the last person police say saw malik - malik's dad's girlfriend - she told me both of them may want to talk in the future - but right now they don't. she also mentioned police seized her cell phone.
from here, @ the bottom of the transcript http://www.onenewspage.us/video/20141209/2336924/Search-for-Searcy-Toddler-Enters-Third-Week.htm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWT8xGn8iMM

Vigil
http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...g-searcy-toddler/29872/BdY96jC0zUKlDuyCveCuEQ
http://www.searcy.com/newstaffy/item/25474/Candlelight+Vigil+for+Malik+Drummond
http://www.thedailycitizen.com/news/local/article_3dabf6b8-7f2a-11e4-9b80-f34b88b2de0d.html (pay wall)
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...l-to-be-held-for-missing-2-year-old/20097515/

They must have some very good evidence that Malik went into the river.

Would they search this long on with out strong evidence ?

Why is the gf the only one seemingly talking to media at this point?

Holy smokes! You guys were busy last night. Excellent job! Thank you all for the updates. I forgot to quote who said it, but I agree that Luminol wouldn't be much use either. It is just MOO but I really feel that whatever happened to him was an accident. A punishment maybe gone too far. Maybe it's just my mind blocking something more sinister than an accident. We see it over and over here. I have had a bad feeling from the start and it is still strong. My hinkey meter was off the charts to start with. Long ago I let go of the hope/thought that he really did slip outside. If that was the case I think he would of been found by now. I have a hard time believing that he went outside and a sicko just happened upon him and struck. It's possible but I just can't see it happening. I sadly think, now and from the very start, that something happened to him at home. Did we ever hear of an independent sighting of Malik from someone outside the home? Each day that passes my heart just sinks more and more. I pray that LE and searches are guided to him, wherever he may be. Poor sweet baby.

ALL JMO

Cheesa Parham ‏@CheesaShavon 1m1 minute ago
The Searcy Police Department has released the 911 call made during Malik Drummond's disappearance. #ARnews #FindMalik

https://twitter.com/CheesaShavon

Waiting on tenterhooks!

They must have some very good evidence that Malik went into the river.

Would they search this long on with out strong evidence ?

Good question. The only evidence that's been made public so far is that two cadaver dogs hit on the boat landing.

According to sarx who came over to answer some questions - :seeya: - it seems that SAR can roughly estimate the max distance of the river they need to search. If Malik is in the river then it could be quite time consuming.

So my unhelpful opinion is LE is being thorough but also may have more evidence they haven't shared with the public.

Sigh, a neighbour made the call and they didn't know what Malik was wearing when asking someone in the background? Is it normal to be that short of a call?

The neighbor made the call? I don't think I knew that before this audio. The neighbor also makes the statement that it "has been 45 minutes" ...

Hmm. This brings up a lot of new questions for me. Did the family ask the neighbor to call because they were so busy searching? Did the neighbor decide that it had been too long and take it upon herself to call 911 when she saw the family wasn't going to do it? And I still can't tell if it means they think he might have been gone for up to 45 minutes or if they have been searching for 45 minutes.

Bummer. :( My suspicious mind wonders why dad or g/f didn't call but we've seen similar in other cases where it didn't mean anything other than a neighbor helping out.

According to the earliest report from LE 30 minutes of the 45 was the period when no one was with the twins. So if that's still correct then everyone searched for about 15 minutes before calling 911.

The lost child poster says that he disappeared around 6:30 pm. The sunset in Searcy that evening was at about 5:00 pm, so it would have been dark outside by the time Malik was missing. It's unlikely that he was outside playing in the dark while his family was indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413