GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malik's mother is now staying with the neighbor that made the 911 call, according to the video at the link that Kimi_SFC shared directly above! This is the second time that I've heard that she wants to be right there in the neighborhood. I find the officer's comments interesting. Of course there are always many aspects to an investigation that must be left undisclosed while the case is ongoing but why can't they tell TD what is going on? I can't imagine the helplessness that a mother would feel in this horrible, horrible situation. Very sad.

They can't tell anyone anything without possibly tainting their investigation. Beverly Carter's husband said that he understood why after arrests were made that LE was keeping info close to their chest and that was okay with him as long as they were getting justice for Beverly.
In this case, I understand even more why LE can't talk to the mother or anyone else about their findings.

I am not sure how I feel or what I think yet about mom and her now staying with the neighbor who called. Very interesting to me.

Agreed on both counts. When I first heard the 911 call, I remember thinking that the neighbor's speech patterns and voice reminded me of the mom's. I'm sure I'm way off on that, but if the mom and the neighbor are close friends, that dynamic gives me pause for some reason.

So, hang on. The dad/girlfriend didn't even call police? The neighbor did?

So, hang on. The dad/girlfriend didn't even call police? The neighbor did?

Isn't that just the strangest thing? Maybe I am just reading too much into this. My hink meter has been going full blast since day one and none of the info that has come out has made less, if anything more. I really do try NOT to judge anyone in these situations. I know that no two people act the same under the same kind of duress. I just think mom or dad or g/f whatever she is, would be the one to call. As I stated earlier I would think they would be asking come pretty crucial questions as to what he was wearing, shoes? coat missing? favorite toy/blanket/paci missing? Those things missing would lead me to believe he really did take an evening stroll and just went too far. Not to mention he most likely would of been found by now. I think that whole 45 minute thing really sours me as well. I would give it 15 mins TOP and then start calling in any and every body to help find my baby! MOO

I am still not sure what I think of TD staying at the neighbors yet. I mean being a mom myself I would want to be close to where the last place he/she was seen. I know she said she hasn't really been informed about much. Reminds me a lot of Cassie Compton's mother. I know that LE have to hold info back, even from the parents, heck, maybe even especially the parents. There is just no way I could be sitting...waiting....pacing....anxiety attack. I would have to be doing something to find my child. Passing fliers, especially on the root to the Red River. I don't wanna get back into that whole mess but I think it's seems logical to post along that path and some busier streets. I still can't grasp that IF he really did slip out that not a SINGLE person noticed a little man alone out in the dark tooting along? I just don't buy that. And of course that fact that the river is almost 4 miles walking distance. So frustrating. I still think something happened to him at home. I really think it was an accident but g/f freaked that her last child would be removed from her custody. I can see motive for HER to cover up but NOT dad. There is ZERO excuse for him to hide anything. Gahhhhh!!! Where could this sweet little peanut be???

ALL IS MOO

Agreed on both counts. When I first heard the 911 call, I remember thinking that the neighbor's speech patterns and voice reminded me of the mom's. I'm sure I'm way off on that, but if the mom and the neighbor are close friends, that dynamic gives me pause for some reason.

Interesting... I was going to ask what you thought the significance would be but realized it's probably not allowed - if it meshes with a few thoughts I've had.

I feel like we're all still at square one. Either Malik wandered off, was abducted by a stranger or was taken by someone he knows. I think we have mostly eliminated the first possibility by now. And we can't discuss the third too much. And the second one, well, just leaves a big ? hanging. Bah.

Isn't that just the strangest thing? Maybe I am just reading too much into this. My hink meter has been going full blast since day one and none of the info that has come out has made less, if anything more. I really do try NOT to judge anyone in these situations. I know that no two people act the same under the same kind of duress. I just think mom or dad or g/f whatever she is, would be the one to call. As I stated earlier I would think they would be asking come pretty crucial questions as to what he was wearing, shoes? coat missing? favorite toy/blanket/paci missing? Those things missing would lead me to believe he really did take an evening stroll and just went too far. Not to mention he most likely would of been found by now. I think that whole 45 minute thing really sours me as well. I would give it 15 mins TOP and then start calling in any and every body to help find my baby! MOO

I am still not sure what I think of TD staying at the neighbors yet. I mean being a mom myself I would want to be close to where the last place he/she was seen. I know she said she hasn't really been informed about much. Reminds me a lot of Cassie Compton's mother. I know that LE have to hold info back, even from the parents, heck, maybe even especially the parents. There is just no way I could be sitting...waiting....pacing....anxiety attack. I would have to be doing something to find my child. Passing fliers, especially on the root to the Red River. I don't wanna get back into that whole mess but I think it's seems logical to post along that path and some busier streets. I still can't grasp that IF he really did slip out that not a SINGLE person noticed a little man alone out in the dark tooting along? I just don't buy that. And of course that fact that the river is almost 4 miles walking distance. So frustrating. I still think something happened to him at home. I really think it was an accident but g/f freaked that her last child would be removed from her custody. I can see motive for HER to cover up but NOT dad. There is ZERO excuse for him to hide anything. Gahhhhh!!! Where could this sweet little peanut be???

ALL IS MOO

Great post! Just one small clarification. Chief Clark said of the 45 minutes between the adults seeing Malik last and calling 911, about 30 of those minutes was a period when both adults were out of the room and the twins were alone. They hadn't yet discovered he was gone. IOW the neighbor called 911 after the adults had searched for about 15 minutes. Supposedly.

And yeah, not much info on what the adults are doing - passing out fliers, out searching, whatever.

Great post! Just one small clarification. Chief Clark said of the 45 minutes between the adults seeing Malik last and calling 911, about 30 of those minutes was a period when both adults were out of the room and the twins were alone. They hadn't yet discovered he was gone. IOW the neighbor called 911 after the adults had searched for about 15 minutes. Supposedly.

And yeah, not much info on what the adults are doing - passing out fliers, out searching, whatever.

Ah, yes you are correct. I misunderstood that. Thanks Ms Marple :)

My heart hit the floor when I first read the messages saying he had been found, I am so very glad he hasn't been. Although, like others I don't think the report will be too far from the truth unfortunately. :( What I don't understand, about the news article containing the wrong information is why so detailed? I can understand having a basic bare bones of a piece saying he has been found but the article that was released contained specific information about him being found in the river! It just seems odd to be to have such a detailed piece ready to go, when Malik may be found in a house, in a field or, and I do so wish it was this, he may even be found alive.

I can relate to those who are saying this little guy is in their hearts and on their minds, he has certainly captured my heart and I just wish he would be found soon.

MOO, I just have the feeling that Malik "disappeared" long before 5:45. I still think the gf is the main culprit but that dad was part of the cover-up. Since bath water was mentioned I think Malik wasn't being supervised and he wondered into the bathroom and somehow fell into the tub and drowned. The gf panicked and woke dad and they come up with this cockamamy story that gf was in the tub, dad was sleeping and Malik's sister pointed at the door when gf asked her about Malik. I think all this happened at least an hour before they reported the child had wandered away. That would give the adults time to put Malik in the car and take him to another location and dump him. I'm sure LE checked but I wonder if the neighbors noticed dad's (or gf's) vehicle leave and return before all this happened. The whole explanation dad and gf gave sounded bazaar from the start. Now we find out they didn't even call 911, the neighbor did. I've wondered why the parents haven't been all over the news begging for help to find this sweet baby but when you're making it up as you go I guess they don't know how to act. I just want this baby found and I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle and he is alive. JMO

You know that line about there being a little truth in every lie? I think you just hit on it.... What if Malik was being given a bath while dinner was cooking? Stepmom or dad (whichever was giving him the bath) goes to check dinner or on the twin sister or the phone rings and Malik is left alone in the bath. They are somehow sidetracked and when they return to the bathroom, he has drowned?

This whole 911 call is strange to me. I can't honestly say what I would do in the same situation, but I would hope that either my husband or myself would be the one to call. I think it would get more info out faster. I don't think a neighbor could really say for sure what he was wearing or any critical info the dispatcher might ask or need. Just seems out of place to me that a neighbor called. I also take issue with it taking 45 minutes to notice a 2 year old is missing, in the dark! Something just isn't sitting right. I will be the first to eat crow if this does turn out to be an accident or that he was abducted. I just want this little man to be found.
MOO

The only thing I can figure on this is that maybe they didn't have a landline or a cell phone -- dunno. Maybe GF went over there looking for him and broke down crying, etc., and the neighbor asked if they had called LE yet -- no -- well, let's call now, and GF agreed. One more oddball thing in this sad, sad, case.

Accidental drowning.... if that was the case, then who doesn't call 911 immediately?? I remember hearing in the trial against Casey Anthony that most parents scream and demand more and more be done to try to save their child, even if there is no hope left. They don't want CPR stopped, etc. You don't find a child accidentally dead, and then cover up the fact they are dead by not calling for help, and/or removing their body somewhere. You just don't!! Even women that have stillborn babies don't want to let them go, and want to hold their little bodies as long as they can.

If there's nothing to hide, you hide nothing! You also don't look for something isn't missing! No need to when you know where it is!

Enough said!!! This case stinks, and I don't think my hinky meter needs new batteries just yet!!

JMO!

Just getting caught up here after a very busy two days. UGH! I'm glad I was too busy to check this thread when the false report came in.

Just throwing this out there...

Like everyone else here, I want this baby to be found safe, healthy and thriving. I have read such comments as "bring Malik home" and while I totally *get* what everyone means when they say that, in the back of my head I think "bring him home to what, the same situation that allowed him to go missing in the first place?!" No no no no. IF baby Malik is found safe (I pray he is, but I honestly don't think he will be), he needs to placed with people who will not allow him to be unsupervised or in an unsecured situation, ever, for any reason.

MOO.

And that news article that the police said was absolutely false. Ok, then what source did the media use to write it??? Someone had to tell them! I cannot see someone risking their job reporting a completely false story about something as serious as a child being found dead. Soooo, will there be an investigation into that? Charges filed maybe? Someone had to have told that reporter!!!

I remember hearing in the trial against Casey Anthony that most parents scream and demand more and more be done to try to save their child, even if there is no hope left. They don't want CPR stopped, etc. You don't find a child accidentally dead, and then cover up the fact they are dead by not calling for help, and/or removing their body somewhere. You just don't!!

You most certainly do, IF you have something precious to lose if an investigation into the COD and various other physical abnormalities/evidence were to commence immediately after that call was placed and officers dispatched to the scene.

Food for thought, as repugnant as it may be.

Accidental drowning.... if that was the case, then who doesn't call 911 immediately?? I remember hearing in the trial against Casey Anthony that most parents scream and demand more and more be done to try to save their child, even if there is no hope left. They don't want CPR stopped, etc. You don't find a child accidentally dead, and then cover up the fact they are dead by not calling for help, and/or removing their body somewhere. You just don't!! Even women that have stillborn babies don't want to let them go, and want to hold their little bodies as long as they can.

If there's nothing to hide, you hide nothing! You also don't look for something isn't missing! No need to when you know where it is!

Enough said!!! This case stinks, and I don't think my hinky meter needs new batteries just yet!!

JMO!

I can think of multiple reasons not to call 911 for some people....

If something happened due to negligence (like leaving an unsupervised toddler in a tub) maybe someone would be worried they would get in trouble.
Maybe the death of a child in someone's care would not look too good to CPS while someone is maybe trying to keep or get back a biological child.
Fear or dislike of police.
Maybe the death of a child a while ago was thought to be related to improper supervision, but somebody managed to avoid prosecution and would not particularly love calling LE about a 2nd deceased child possibly caused by improper supervision.

But, all of these scenarios are completely unlikely and just my opinion and all that jazz.

Yup, if you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing!

Yup, if you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing!
Fear of a child being lost depends on experience, I guess, where you're at, knowing that there's no time to waste, so forty-five minutes doesn't make sense in my universe (i realize there are many others), based on the experience of the Dad already having lost a child, anyone's, if you fear the worst for a toddler, but I also realize that fear does strange things to everyone.

Social Media Provides Positives, Negatives in Search for Malik Drummond
12/10/2014 07:09 pm
http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...gatives-in-searc/10760/_-22fZVeAkmTk2NYBOHJ5A
https://www.facebook.com/FOX16HD/ph...4142.115084491845666/1117259648294807/?type=1
it's a case that's captured the hearts and minds of many in central arkansas - as people continue to ask: where's malik? ((bob)) good evening and thanks for choosing kark 4 news i'm bob clausen ((ashley)) and i'm ashley ketz while searcy detectives say they continue to work their investigation into the 2-year old's disappearance, kark 4's david goins joins us with more on why they're having to compete with social media. david david bob, ashley - the connectivity we see in social media, whether facebook or twitter has positive benefits in keeping up with emerging details - but as we're seeing in the search for malik drummond, fertile ground for spreading false leads and innuendo. the only visible sign of malik drummond in searcy right now, signs spread throughout the town of 20-thousand - a heart for malik - placed at busy intersections - and in front of the p-d, where detectives continue their work. but now an online distraction - searcy police taking to facebook to combat online claims about a break in the case. making it clear: "We have not found Malik.
We are still searching for him." searcy police say rampant and unfound rumors have no material effect on investigators continuing their work to try and locate the 2-year old. but the false on-line leads reveal the negative side of immediate online information distribution. searcy police say the same mediums were key in getting the word out about drummond's disappearance 17 days ago - that led to hundreds of volunteers fanning out and searching for the toddler. and police say social media played a key role in another high profile case earlier this year, the capture of kidnapping and murder suspect arron lewis - hours after police posted his photo across multiple online platforms, a citizen spotted him wandering in a strip-center - crediting his photo on facebook as the reason. david searcy police chief jeremy clark says he's acutely aware of the activity on social media - including misinformation on malik's disappearance - telling me it's part of dealing with a high profile investigation - but nothing that will deter detectives from the work at hand- find malik drummond. back to you. a
Transcript from here:
http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20141211/2344888/Social-Media-The-Search-for-Malik.htm

JMO!

If there had been an accidental drowning, then the two adults in the home at the time would certainly be looked at harshly for being neglectful, and I'm sure they anticipated that. Perhaps one or both of them panicked -- and the GF would and should certainly be fearful that she would lose the child that is with her now. So they concoct the abduction story, and it takes off. People and LE are searching, searching, searching, and the dad & GF can't tell them to stop. So it all just snowballs into what we have now. Easy enuff to understand all of that, seems to me. They didn't stop to think about what events would take place after they told their version of events, and like so many lies, it takes a life of its own and just gets bigger & bigger and worse & worse. And IF this is what happened, when will they be able to retrieve that little angel's body for burial, and how soon after the finding or the confession will they be taken off to jail?

And with all this time passing, could a M.E. determine accidental vs. criminal drowning? Or drowning by any means? Would it be possible under the best of circumstances?

What a dayam mess. IF, that is.

<smh>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members