GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of spring park , Pictures of the boat ramp of little big river, maybe time the drive from the house to the ramp. While watching for any camera's that may have caught something.How many traffic lights etc If you have time!

I'm sure we can get pics of Spring Park and probably some pics at the Little Red. I'm not familiar with the boat ramp, but my husband might be. I'm sure we can find it, either way.

Might get pics at Riverside Park also, as that has come up in the investigation too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact search HQ which is at the SPD, can't hurt. Maybe they have flyers you can post or a drop off spot for gifts for the other kids.

I will try to do this also.

Just be careful NOT TO SAY TO ANYONE THAT YOU REPRESENT WS or are doing anything FOR WS etc. THat is against TOS.

I won't mention WS at all! I don't want to do anything that will cause trouble or get this thread shut down.

Has there been much mention of Malik on the local news? It just makes my heart ache knowing this sweet boy is out there....somewhere waiting to be found. It is so quiet here.....Where are you sweetheart??

Has there been much mention of Malik on the local news? It just makes my heart ache knowing this sweet boy is out there....somewhere waiting to be found. It is so quiet here.....Where are you sweetheart??

I'm so glad you asked! As a result, I just took a look and...

Searcy Police plan to deploy dive teams again later this week at a city park in the search for a missing two-year old boy.
Also on Monday, Lesley Marcotte, who told police she was in another room when the boy disappeared, said detectives seized her cell phone as part of the investigation.
Clark said Monday that work continues and will likely include dive teams from other parts of the state to assist the White County Sheriff's Department four-person dive team.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...nd-enters-week-3/32945/nC8Sh01ap0yojxm8U2__1A

I know I - and others - have said this before but I cannot believe how quiet everyone involved is being. I mean, to think a 2 year old has allegedly just vanished into thin air and just two weeks later there is complete silence from the family, LE, the media etc. I was so hoping Malik's case wouldn't be like so many others, where he is never found and questions are left unanswered for years after. But, I am starting to think this may well happen. My heart breaks for that gorgeous little boy and his twin, who must be missing madly. :(

MsMarple, thank you for the update! I wonder when they seized the cell phone. I can't tell from the wording if she means they seized it on Monday or if she disclosed it on Monday.

sarx called it when she expressed surprise that the dive search last week ended so quickly.

However, dive teams and investigators spent multiple days at Riverside Park in an effort, Clark says, "to eliminate" the area as a possibility where Drummond could be.

"It's not as simple as hey put on a mask and jump down there and see what you can see," Clark says. "You can't see anything. So it's a slow tedious process to eliminate these areas because of how long it actually takes to cover a very small amount of ground."

Clark said Monday that work continues and will likely include dive teams from other parts of the state to assist the White County Sheriff's Department four-person dive team.

It's good to know that LE is being thorough.

MsMarple, thank you for the update! I wonder when they seized the cell phone. I can't tell from the wording if she means they seized it on Monday or if she disclosed it on Monday.

Same here. If I had to guess I'd say before Monday but who knows? Either LE is making a second sweep in their investigation or they've been keeping some stuff close to the vest.

Holding my breath for a search warrant...

Bumping for baby Malik.....he is in my thoughts and I am hoping he is found very soon. Where are you little man? x :(

Thank you so much for that info, MsMarple - the thanks button just wasn't enough. I appreciate you taking the time to update us all. :)

Darling Malik, you are on the hearts and minds of many tonight. We are beside ourselves with worry as word comes of the latest news of the pending search. :(

I join my fellow WSers in prayer, for you, your twin who I know misses you terribly, for a community left with so many unanswered questions, and for a LE team who has and continues to work tirelessly to find you.

May the answers to what happened come soon. I ask that the light of truth and justice shine brightly upon all who are searching. The quest for your return continues.

:praying:

#FindMalik

:candle:

I wish LE would release the 911 call. And AFAIK LE hasn't executed any search warrants yet. Surprising.

Still catching up, sorry if this has been posted already.

The large majority of searches done in the US are actually consent searches, conducted without warrants. My guess is that from day one Malik's dad has consented to the house searches and nothing has turned up OR the information is all under lock and key (including any possible warrants). I personally think the former is more likely. The house is much, much too central for there not to be a big stir about the lack of a search warrant IF the dad had not consented to a search or searches. Consent can be revoked at any time so, IMO, if we start to hear about warrants for the house at this point it will be because dad revoked his consent.

This is a REALLY good point, I was under the impression that search warrants for the home were standard procedure - after all that is the place of the last positive sighting.

A couple of summers again, my 4 year old daughter went missing from my front garden, it was literally gone in the blink of an eye situation. I ran round my house frantically screaming her name and then rang 999, absolutely hysterical. The lady on the phone asked me to walk around the home again, my two sons also checked rooms - all shouting her name. The police responded in minutes and I also heard the police helicopter hovering over our property. Ten minutes later as I dissolved into a weeping mess in my kitchen a police man very calmly walked down the stairs with my, very sheepish looking, daughter. She had been hidden in my wardrobe, eating a lolly she didn't want to share with her 3 year old sister!!! It was the WORSE 40 minutes of my life!

My point is, had the police not done a thorough search of my home, who knows how long she would have stayed hidden away......how many police would have been searching for a child who wasn't really missing. I am shocked they haven't been through Malik's dad's house with a fine tooth comb.

I'm so sorry you had to experience that fear, I can not imagine! Glad she was completely safe and stayed inside :)
This is, I'm guessing, an example of a consent search. There's probably not much of a public paper record that a search of your house was conducted.

This is why I think we haven't heard about a search of the house Malik was at. IMO it was probably consented to and thus not an issue.

But I suppose that leaves us with the concern that if something happened to Malik close to home or at the hands of family members, whether intentional or negligent, and if the family was cooperative with consent, feeling confident the house was clear...where is Malik?!?! All MOO

Still catching up, sorry if this has been posted already.

The large majority of searches done in the US are actually consent searches, conducted without warrants. My guess is that from day one Malik's dad has consented to the house searches and nothing has turned up OR the information is all under lock and key (including any possible warrants). I personally think the former is more likely. The house is much, much too central for there not to be a big stir about the lack of a search warrant IF the dad had not consented to a search or searches. Consent can be revoked at any time so, IMO, if we start to hear about warrants for the house at this point it will be because dad revoked his consent.

Thanks for the info - if I recall, Malik's house was searched early on by LE, likely with consent as you say.

I guess my focus is on a more dilligent search, i.e. using Luminal to discover if abuse had taken place. Also, we've now learned that LE seized the g/f's phone, presumably with consent - an actual warrant would allow LE to also seize computers, receipts and anything else that could document what may have transpired in the days prior to Malik going missing.

Whereas a consent search would limit where LE could look in the house and what they would be allowed to take into evidence. Also, I think in order for LE to request phone logs they'd also need a formal warrant.

As an aside, according to the rumor mill that's running rampant on SM, people are defending the dad, so it may very well be that any finger pointing to other family members is without merit. However, it would be nice, maybe even exculpatory, to know that LE has taken a close look at the house and its occupants.

I'm so glad you asked! As a result, I just took a look and...

Searcy Police plan to deploy dive teams again later this week at a city park in the search for a missing two-year old boy.
Also on Monday, Lesley Marcotte, who told police she was in another room when the boy disappeared, said detectives seized her cell phone as part of the investigation.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...nd-enters-week-3/32945/nC8Sh01ap0yojxm8U2__1A

sarx called it when she expressed surprise that the dive search last week ended so quickly.

However, dive teams and investigators spent multiple days at Riverside Park in an effort, Clark says, "to eliminate" the area as a possibility where Drummond could be.

"It's not as simple as hey put on a mask and jump down there and see what you can see," Clark says. "You can't see anything. So it's a slow tedious process to eliminate these areas because of how long it actually takes to cover a very small amount of ground."

It's good to know that LE is being thorough.

Thank you WSers for the updates, experience and thoughts, and MsMarple. Where's city park?

Thanks for the info - if I recall, Malik's house was searched early on by LE, likely with consent as you say.

I guess my focus is on a more dilligent search, i.e. using Luminal to discover if abuse had taken place. Also, we've now learned that LE seized the g/f's phone, presumably with consent - an actual warrant would allow LE to also seize computers, receipts and anything else that could document what may have transpired in the days prior to Malik going missing.

Whereas a consent search would limit where LE could look in the house and what they would be allowed to take into evidence. Also, I think in order for LE to request phone logs they'd also need a formal warrant.

As an aside, according to the rumor mill that's running rampant on SM, people are defending the dad, so it may very well be that any finger pointing to other family members is without merit. However, it would be nice, maybe even exculpatory, to know that LE has taken a close look at the house and its occupants.

I *think* anything can be searched and seized with voluntary consent, but now I see more what you mean with the Luminal and other tech devices...I don't know how LE would even ask for consent for those types of procedures, it seems like a conversation that wouldn't happen . I guess I find it so negligent to have not done a detailed search at this point that my brain assumes it must have been done! But I totally agree, the house should be searched as diligently as technology allows if it hasn't been!

My gut instinct says luminol wouldn't be useful in this case. I suspect some type of accidental non-violent death, most likely drowning.

Thank you WSers for the updates, experience and thoughts, and MsMarple. Where's city park?

AFAIK, the city park refers to Riverside Park. That's where the boat landing is where the cadaver dogs hit on last week.

AFAIK, the city park refers to Riverside Park. That's where the boat landing is where the cadaver dogs hit on last week.
Thank you, MsM, for the information and links. It seems like the search goes on painstakingly as ever, and the vigil this coming Saturday at 5:30 pm will be just after dark, I guess.
dive teams continue searching a river just a few miles from where a missing 2-year old was last seen. now more than two weeks into the search for 2-year old malik drummond,' fox16's david goins shows us why detectives are focused on a park. david. ((goins))kevin -- the park in question - riverside park - just a few miles north of searcy - searcy police chief jeremy clark confirming this afternoon that dive teams worked over the weekend again in the little red river. and clark adds - detectives have not completed their work at riverside park.you'll recall - we first reported six days ago dive teams returned to the little red river based on at least one credible tip that came in.the next day, detectives returned to the park, this time searching the rocky bluffs and shoreline within the park the searcy police chief saying tonight, despite a number of dives into the river - their work is far from over. (00:00 10 sec) Jeremy Clark says: "it's not as simple as hey put on a mask and jump down there and see what you can see.
You can't see anything.
So it's a slow tedious process to eliminate these areas because of how long it actually takes to cover a very small amount of ground." ((goins))despite more time passing, why detectives don't passing, why ((goins)) ground."actually takes to cover eliminate these areas because of how long it actually takes to cover a very small amount of ground." ((goins))despite more time passing, why detectives don't believe this case is growing cold.back to you. ((kevin)) ((kevin)) there will be a candlelight vigil for malik this saturday at 5:30. organizers are asking people to bring a candle with you to "berry hill park" in searcy. fox16 will have continuing coverage on malik's disappearance -- both on-air --
transcripts from below
http://www.onenewspage.us/video/20141209/2337242/Malik-Case-Latest.htm

the search for a missing toddler -- entering it's third week -- dive teams continue searching a river just a few miles from where a missing 2-year old was last seen. now more than two weeks into the search for 2-year old malik drummond, kark 4's david goins shows us why detectives are focused on a park. david. david bob, the park in question - riverside park - just a few miles north of searcy - searcy police chief jeremy clark confirming this afternoon that dive teams worked over the weekend again in the little red river. and clark adds - detectives have not completed their work at riverside park. you'll recall - we first reported six days ago dive teams returned to the little red river based on at least one credible tip that came in. the next day, detectives returned to the park, this time searching the rocky bluffs and shoreline within the park. the searcy police chief saying tonight, despite a number of dives into the river - their work is far from over. (00:00 10 sec) Jeremy Clark says: "it's not as simple as hey put on a mask and jump down there and see what you can see.
So it's a slow tedious process to eliminate these areas because of how long it actually takes to cover a very small amount of ground." i also spoke with the last person police say saw malik - malik's dad's girlfriend - she told me both of them may want to talk in the future - but right now they don't. she also mentioned police seized her cell phone. david coming up at six, despite more time passing, why detectives don't believe this case is growing cold. back to you. ((bob)) this saturday the
http://www.onenewspage.us/video/20141209/2336924/Search-for-Searcy-Toddler-Enters-Third-Week.htm

My gut instinct says luminol wouldn't be useful in this case. I suspect some type of accidental non-violent death, most likely drowning.

Yeah, you're probably right. There's a slim chance that it could spot on the bathtub somewhere though, or even the drain, if Malik fell and hit his head. Or maybe an ALS (alternative light source) would highlight blood. I have some UV lights (don't ask) and everything from cat pee to blood to who knows what (think ewww) have lit up like Christmas lights, even after years.

But if abuse did happen in that house - a long shot but possible - it's a good idea to check for any blood spatter. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413