GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just left. I said are you sure? And she said yes she was shaking and very upset she said they found him in the river.

Thank you for sharing this Savvy...it's horrible news. I wonder why the article I saw was yanked? Maybe it wasn't suppose to be released yet? It made my heart just drop. I will keep looking for confirmation and will post ASAP!!

Savvy, I can't seem to find an actual address for the river. Would you just throw out a guess as to how far that is from his house? Didn't I read somewhere yesterday that little footprints were seen along the bank? I don't have a link to support this, just remember seeing it somewhere.

I'm frantically watching Twitter to see if anything pops up. I feel so torn. I hope he is still alive and safe somewhere, but if the worst is true, I wish for him to be found.

Savvy, I can't seem to find an actual address for the river. Would you just throw out a guess as to how far that is from his house? Didn't I read somewhere yesterday that little footprints were seen along the bank? I don't have a link to support this, just remember seeing it somewhere.

Not Savvy, but approx 4 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Savvy, but approx 4 miles

Ok, let's be realistic here. Could a 2 year old walk 4 miles without a single person spotting him? Even in the dark. My kids at that age couldn't walk that far. They would either be in a stroller or we would take lots of breaks. My hinkey meter is still going at full speed. Goes back to why it took 45 minutes to call the police. WHY did it take that long? I can see maybe 15 minutes at the most. Realize he is gone, looking around the house, looking outside the house calling his name. Still nothing? It's dark. Can't find my 2 year old....I am calling for help! Even if he was half a block away....I don't care, help me find my baby. I just can't grasp that.....it's too much time.

JMO

I sincerely hope the Fox 16 article was a mistake (for lots of reasons, including the most obvious one) ... but if they are sitting on that story and know it is legit, I don't see why they would choose to post on their Facebook just now about some actor's birthday. The levity of that is such a stark contrast to the potentially dark news they would be waiting to share about Malik.

I sincerely hope the Fox 16 article was a mistake (for lots of reasons, including the most obvious one) ... but if they are sitting on that story and know it is legit, I don't see why they would choose to post on their Facebook just now about some actor's birthday. The levity of that is such a stark contrast to the potentially dark news they would be waiting to share about Malik.

I know right?! I just happened to refresh my news pages and it popped up. It said his body was found in Red River and police aren't ruling out foul play. By the time I got here and was ready to put the link up it was gone. I wonder if they have articles ready to go? With different outcomes? I don't even know if that makes sense. I am looking like crazy and I see nothing even close to what I read. Something is screwy, that is for sure. I could only envision holding this story back to notify family. This poor little boy. I hope he is still with us....somewhere.
ALL JMO

ETA: I remember what I saw. That a cadaver dog lead them down a boat landing. I couldn't remember what the exact reason was that got them to search there.

http://www.katv.com/story/27528671/police-searching-river-for-malik-after-receiving-tip

aww...now I am on pins and needles--nothing is on msm yet...maybe it was a mistake?

I truly hope so but it sure blows my mind how that article was up and then gone. I am waiting to hear ANYthing about him now. I hope he is still with us, somewhere safe and warm.

I wonder if they have articles ready to go? With different outcomes? I don't even know if that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense, like what newspapers do with obituaries of famous and aging people. I had never thought to wonder if they start drafts in situations like this, but it could help in the rush to be the first news source to publish.

Would LE also want them to hold off for a short time in order to have the element of surprise if/when they show up with search warrants? Assuming what they find might warrant it ... but then again, if someone had anything to do with his disappearance, they've had a few weeks to try to wipe phones or cover other traces as best as they could, so maybe that isn't an issue. Could it be to keep someone from running once the news of finding him comes out?

Hoping against hope it was a mistake! In truth I know this is what we have all been fearing, but also expecting. I'm so sad. Please be okay little smiley face!

It makes perfect sense, like what newspapers do with obituaries of famous and aging people. I had never thought to wonder if they start drafts in situations like this, but it could help in the rush to be the first news source to publish.

Would LE also want them to hold off for a short time in order to have the element of surprise if/when they show up with search warrants? Assuming what they find might warrant it ... but then again, if someone had anything to do with his disappearance, they've had a few weeks to try to wipe phones or cover other traces as best as they could, so maybe that isn't an issue. Could it be to keep someone from running once the news of finding him comes out?

That happened with the Ferguson Grand Jury announcement--a Fox Local station accidentally released a story saying there was an indictment coming down--then they quickly pulled it but people were going nuts about it. Turns out they have two versions of the story written, just in case--so they can be first to report if it happens

Ugh, it's been an hour. This is awful. If it were just the website that StormyNights saw, I'd feel better about it simply being a "just in case" draft that someone was working on that was accidentally published. But Savvy's comment about the lady at the oil change place made me think the lady heard it on the TV. (Savvy, do you know if she heard it versus read it online?) If she heard it from a TV broadcast, I'm more inclined to think it's credible. :(

Ugh, it's been an hour. This is awful. If it were just the website that StormyNights saw, I'd feel better about it simply being a "just in case" draft that someone was working on that was accidentally published. But Savvy's comment about the lady at the oil change place made me think the lady heard it on the TV. (Savvy, do you know if she heard it versus read it online?) If she heard it from a TV broadcast, I'm more inclined to think it's credible. :(

I am obviously not Savvy, but Savvy had said the lady heard it on the radio. HTH

I guess different drafts of the same story with different outcomes does make sense. BUT they need to make damn sure they don't jump the gun or post the wrong story entirely! I wish journalism was what it use to be. You got the full story BEFORE posting the "teaser" of whatever they call it.

JMO

Maybe they are waiting til the next of kin is notified or a positive ID is made.

Ok, let's be realistic here. Could a 2 year old walk 4 miles without a single person spotting him? Even in the dark. My kids at that age couldn't walk that far. They would either be in a stroller or we would take lots of breaks. My hinkey meter is still going at full speed. Goes back to why it took 45 minutes to call the police. WHY did it take that long? I can see maybe 15 minutes at the most. Realize he is gone, looking around the house, looking outside the house calling his name. Still nothing? It's dark. Can't find my 2 year old....I am calling for help! Even if he was half a block away....I don't care, help me find my baby. I just can't grasp that.....it's too much time.

JMO

There is no way he got to Riverside Park/Little Red River area on his own. At least not from his house. Not only due to distance, but the roads are just too busy/populated. Now maybe, maybe if he was at someone's house who lived out that way. But I'm not buying the left on his own theory, regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member