GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May your prayers be heard. Ruminating here, so sorry in advance for saying things that may be obvious, but I find it disconcerting to see over and over again children, teens, young women and men, and adults just disappearing. The idea that they're gone, that void left by their absence, it's seems to be the emotional core and devastating part of these calamities for the families, the friends, the community, LE investigating, the search teams and volunteers trying to find them. I keep having to remind myself the reality of it is that people don't just vanish into a void. Alive or not, they exist as people suffering against their will or as remains somewhere. Their connections to those who love them are real and still exist. Their essence, their souls, if you believe in souls, who they effect with their absence are all real. They exist alive or not, where they belong or not, vitally for those who care and seek them. They always will. Little Malik Drummond still exists even if there is silence. The part that always gives me hope is that the search for answers goes on, not many good people give up on that innate need to not leave people behind and to seek justice. It appears to me that these good people will always be stronger and more resolute, come what may.

I agree. What brought me to this site was the program Disappeared. It frightens me how many people do just seem to truly disappear. What bothers me even more though is how many people don't have people looking for them. So many just seem to be "forgotten". Every life has worth and every person deserves to be found and have justice for them.

ETA: I was thinking, it doesn't really bother me "more", just as maybe an added level? I don't know how to say it correctly. Obviously, I feel like the loss of human life, other than by natural means should never happen. I don't know. It just breaks my heart all around.

We were busy and couldn't go to the vigil. Glad it was well attended.

Saw another flyer at Little Ceasar's today. So they are out there. We head home tomorrow. Hope Malik is found soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the odds of Malik being found are improved if the police stays silent on whether they have suspects and who they are, then I don't think any of us mind dealing with the uncertainty for as long as it takes. As much as I wish they would go public with what information they have, maybe they need to keep some things confidential for now. I just hope they do have a lead they're keeping quiet.

I wonder at the time of Malik going missing if bio mom was living/staying as close to where he went missing from as she is alleged to be now?

If the odds of Malik being found are improved if the police stays silent on whether they have suspects and who they are, then I don't think any of us mind dealing with the uncertainty for as long as it takes. As much as I wish they would go public with what information they have, maybe they need to keep some things confidential for now. I just hope they do have a lead they're keeping quiet.

It doesn't sound like they will give up according to what Astrid Solorzano reports from the vigil tonight. I feel so bad for Tanya Drummond and her mom.
http://www.thv11.com/media/cinemati...light-vigil-for-missing-child-malik-drummond/

http://www.katv.com/story/27622812/candlelight-vigil-held-for-missing-toddler

It is hard to remain optimistic when you think a tiny 2 year old hasn't been seen or heard of in three weeks. The best case scenario would be a kidnapper, someone who wanted a child to call their own. Given I don't think anyone would risk walking into a home where they know adults are, even if they are out of sight, what are the odds of a desperate-for-a-child kidnapper just happening to be passing when Malik went through the door. I suppose he could of been lured, someone shaking candy or waving a toy but I doubt it! They wouldn't have known the father was sleeping.

I am hoping against all hope that Malik IS alive and safe somewhere and that we see him come home for Christmas.

Statistically, the odds say this wasn't a stranger abduction though we've all seen cases here that have beat those odds. But with the little information we have it's reasonable to think this was an inside job.

But “inside” could include anyone, not just immediate family. Based on surnames, I'm guessing Malik's bio mom and dad weren't ever married, so more questions come to mind. How formal was the shared custody arrangement? Was dad paying child support? Are there other partners or ex-partners around? Relatives who may have disapproved of the way the twins were being cared for?

For me (MOO) it's most likely either an accident/abuse coverup or a revenge abduction. I don't really see a “Good Samaritan” situation here.

Yeah, I know, so what else is new? :blushing: I'm just thinking out loud.

While I personally believe LE has someone in mind, the msm remarks about not ruling anyone out and not jeopardizing the case by releasing information to the public could also be a way to make a perp nervous - nervous people make mistakes and sometimes even come clean just to end the stress. It could also be a way to make someone not directly involved come forward in order to avoid more serious charges later.

I dunno. My current burning question is – why Malik and not one of the other kids? My gut says that answer will lead us straight to the perp.

Statistically, the odds say this wasn't a stranger abduction though we've all seen cases here that have beat those odds. But with the little information we have it's reasonable to think this was an inside job.

But “inside” could include anyone, not just immediate family. Based on surnames, I'm guessing Malik's bio mom and dad weren't ever married, so more questions come to mind. How formal was the shared custody arrangement? Was dad paying child support? Are there other partners or ex-partners around? Relatives who may have disapproved of the way the twins were being cared for?

For me (MOO) it's most likely either an accident/abuse coverup or a revenge abduction. I don't really see a “Good Samaritan” situation here.

Yeah, I know, so what else is new? :blushing: I'm just thinking out loud.

While I personally believe LE has someone in mind, the msm remarks about not ruling anyone out and not jeopardizing the case by releasing information to the public could also be a way to make a perp nervous - nervous people make mistakes and sometimes even come clean just to end the stress. It could also be a way to make someone not directly involved come forward in order to avoid more serious charges later.

I dunno. My current burning question is – why Malik and not one of the other kids? My gut says that answer will lead us straight to the perp.

I have wondered about the 'good samaritan' aspect. But it seems weird they would 'save' one twin and not the other. JMO

I hope so too Chaotic Idealism.

So heartbreaking that Malik has still not been found. Hoping and praying that his day is coming. Where are you sweetheart?

"Why Malik"... rather than his sister... I wonder if that has something to do with the autism claim. They're fraternal twins, as closely related genetically as normal siblings, so even if Malik is indeed autistic, his sister most likely is not. That's the only difference I can see between the two kids, other than gender.

If he's autistic, then yeah, that's significant. Autistic people, especially kids, are much more likely to become crime victims, because they're easier targets or because the perpetrator doesn't think they're worth as much as a typical kid. Sometimes even the suspicion or claim of autism is enough--there doesn't have to be an actual diagnosis. Some parents who murder autistic children seem to have an attachment only to the child they thought they would have, and regard the child they actually do have as little more than a burden or an obstacle. Murderers who are caretakers, family friends, and more distant relatives tend more toward simply devaluing the child's existence.

So yeah, I think the autism claim is an important factor here. Even if it's not true, it's the only major difference between those two kids, and it changes a lot of things.

Or I could be barking up the wrong tree, and the difference between Malik and his sister was something as simple as his being more accessible to a kidnapper who had meant to grab both children but was interrupted, and Malik just happened to be the first they got to.

"Why Malik"... rather than his sister... I wonder if that has something to do with the autism claim. They're fraternal twins, as closely related genetically as normal siblings, so even if Malik is indeed autistic, his sister most likely is not. That's the only difference I can see between the two kids, other than gender.

If he's autistic, then yeah, that's significant. Autistic people, especially kids, are much more likely to become crime victims, because they're easier targets or because the perpetrator doesn't think they're worth as much as a typical kid. Sometimes even the suspicion or claim of autism is enough--there doesn't have to be an actual diagnosis. Some parents who murder autistic children seem to have an attachment only to the child they thought they would have, and regard the child they actually do have as little more than a burden or an obstacle. Murderers who are caretakers, family friends, and more distant relatives tend more toward simply devaluing the child's existence.

So yeah, I think the autism claim is an important factor here. Even if it's not true, it's the only major difference between those two kids, and it changes a lot of things.

Or I could be barking up the wrong tree, and the difference between Malik and his sister was something as simple as his being more accessible to a kidnapper who had meant to grab both children but was interrupted, and Malik just happened to be the first they got to.

So glad you touched on this! My 13 year old daughter is on the spectrum PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorder) with a mood disorder. She was VERY difficult to handle when she was younger. As time as gone on and she has done some stimulation therapy you wouldn't even know anything was different about her. I know there are so many cases out there of a parent/caregiver murdering a child/adult even, who has Autism or a form that is alike. It's sad. It's disgusting and it needs to STOP. In a lot of the cases I have read the parent's number one "reason" was lack of support. I often wonder in how many of those cases all type of support/help was exhausted? I will say it was not easy getting my daughter diagnosed. AT ALL!! One of the first things I learned early on was to learn how to walk away for a breather if things were getting too overwhelming. I would put my daughter in a spot I knew she was safe and I would go to another room for a few minutes and just take some breaths. It is amazing what that can do to calm a person down. Her nursing staff always said if mom/the caregiver isn't calm it will take the child longer to calm down as well. Makes sense. I am just worried about all of these child deaths being blamed on Autism or something like it. I am NOT saying that is what happened here, but you make such a GREAT point about that being the only (visible to us anyway) difference between Malik and his twin. His twin is a girl though, right? It seems to have blanked from my mind at the moment. Not enough coffee yet! Could be some type of a bonding issue as well. My sister had twins and she read all there is to know about twins. It had started out pretty quickly by saying to make sure each parent spends the same amount of time with each baby. If it isn't done it could cause bonding issues and things along those lines. While I can't imagine not bonding with my child I am sure it happens and quite a bit I am afraid. I feel like I am rambling now. LOL I just thought this was such a good point that is deserves more discussion. How can we find out if Malik had Autism or something along those lines?

MOO

He didn't have an official diagnosis, so the only way we'll find out is if he's found alive and evaluated. But as I've said before, even the suspicion of autism can be enough to serve as an excuse to some so-called caretakers. It's often parents who target an autistic child, but it can be relatives too--even a preschool teacher in one case. It's basically the same group of people who statistically tend to harm non-autistic children, but the risk for autistic children or children suspected of having autism is much greater. On the autism spectrum, being a victim of crime is the norm, not the exception.

Thanks for advocating for your daughter, by the way. I'm on the spectrum too and my mom was in denial, even took me out of school because they wanted to evaluate me. It caused me a lot of problems down the line, including landing me in the hospital a couple of times, because I wasn't taught those all-important coping skills and didn't get proper support.

Unfortunately I don't know whether twins are at greater risk, or why they might be.

Up until now I haven't even considered that Malik could have been taken by anyone known or unknown. I was just so sure that he never left his home alive but the longer he remains missing the less sure I am. I thought the most likely scenario would be finding him in the nearest body of water or maybe in a shallow grave or discarded like sweet little Jenise was. I just don't think anyone at the home with him was a criminal mastermind who could hide a child's body so it would not be found so where is this sweet baby? Every time I think of Malik I think of the picture of him with his hands in his pockets and that beautiful little smile and the twinkling eyes. Lord, I so want this little fella to be found soon so that his mom and grandmother can get some peace and some answers. Of course, this is JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413