GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jeff Clifton, 43, is charged with capital murder and abuse of a corpse. Clifton's former girlfriend, 27-year-old Lesley Marcotte, also appeared in court Tuesday and is charged with hindering apprehension or prosecution in the case.

Clifton pleaded not guilty to the charges. If convicted, Clifton is facing the death penalty or life in prison. White County Prosecutor Rebecca Reed McCoy said the death penalty is a reality for Clifton.

http://katv.com/news/local/malik-drummonds-father-pleads-not-guilty-to-toddlers-murder

Pre-trial hearing is on February 22. Clifton's attorney is seeking a change of venue.

Marcotte is due to deliver her baby today by c-section. She's due back in court March 2 at 9 am for plea and arraignment hearing and pretrial. Her trial is scheduled to begin April 12.

Jeff Clifton, 43, is charged with capital murder and abuse of a corpse. Clifton's former girlfriend, 27-year-old Lesley Marcotte, also appeared in court Tuesday and is charged with hindering apprehension or prosecution in the case.

Clifton pleaded not guilty to the charges. If convicted, Clifton is facing the death penalty or life in prison. White County Prosecutor Rebecca Reed McCoy said the death penalty is a reality for Clifton.

http://katv.com/news/local/malik-drummonds-father-pleads-not-guilty-to-toddlers-murder

Pre-trial hearing is on February 22. Clifton's attorney is seeking a change of venue.

Marcotte is due to deliver her baby today by c-section. She's due back in court March 2 at 9 am for plea and arraignment hearing and pretrial. Her trial is scheduled to begin April 12.

I wasn't sure how it would feel once he was found, less sad somehow maybe to know what happened to beautiful harmless little Malik. Like little Kenneth White in New York state, another little boy killed and left to die last winter in the snow near his home apparently, by his own family member as well. It's incomprehensible to me that this could happen so often. I'm always reminded that Freud developed his theories of personality in part by observing the bodies of abused children in the morgues of Paris. Thank goodness for all the people who care enough to see things through on these cases and their strong hearts.

Throw away the key. Be justice be harsh. There is NO excuse imo, NO reason, NOTHING anyone can tell me to justify this kind of crime.

(Malik's murder seems to have really opened my eyes to the fact that he is not the only toddler abused and murdered by a family member, or someone close to a family member. It seems child abuse, violent abuse, and child murder is very very real. And abuse upon toddlers. I am not saying that there is necessarily an increase in these types of crimes, but just that I am noticing it more. When I look at the new posts here in the general forum, it seems so many are babies...:( I'm having a hard time finding the right words. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I did not realize until I came here to WS, the true extent of all the children out there that could be currently living in really dangerous and abusive environments, and Malik's case has really touched me and openedmy eyes to such things...the recent incident where the poor girl was found locked in the suv weighing 40 pounds, several broken bones and in critical condition, 2 other murdered siblings...I don't know what the answer is to all this and this bothers me greatly. The powerlessness of it all. Thanks for letting me vent.)

(Eta: Malik's photos just kill me. This should not have happened. dad, throw away the key!!! NO MERCY!!! And BOOOO to the girlfriend or whatever the hell she is for not helping protect Malik!)

I think we all knew the bathtub story was BS!! Now we know it definitely was! :stormingmad:

Ah Yes, that was such a bogus story. Didn't she say she was ' cooking dinner', then went upstairs to take a bath, while leaving twin 2 yr olds alone downstairs, with food cooking nearby ….WTH? None of that made any sense.

It is really sad to think about how they were trying to come up with a way to frame Malik's mother for this. Thank Goodness they were too stupid to pull that off.

Didn't they originally say something about her, early on, like trying to point suspicion? I seem to remember them implying that she was supposedly seen lurking nearby or something..Anyone else remember that?

Yes, katydid I remember. :furious:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

always forgiving his abuser :( breaks my heart, these innocent little kids. kids are trying that is the truth but you need to have patience!

Yes indeed. And a such a big beautiful smile in all of his photos! Like a shining light!

At long last, the final confirmation of the news we've all known in our hearts has been received. :tears:

Even though it comes as no surprise, the finality of it all hurts me to my core. It brings me back to the very beginning of this journey we've taken with Little Malik, well over a year ago.

Throughout the twists and turns of his case, as our HinkyMeters redlined to the point of exploding, as we sleuthed in angst, we never lost sight of the beautiful little boy with the brightest of smiles, and the sparkling brown eyes. We prayed and worried incessantly over his twin sister, bereft at the thought of her just missing him.

Now, we must think of her life, forever altered, without her other half. :cry:

There is no going back from this. The (in)actions and the brutality of what happened here, in Searcy, has forever changed me, as a parent, a :websleuther: , and as a human being.

I've been here for a while now, and sleuthed alongside many of you, through countless cases. That said, Malik's case "shifted the axis" of my world here in a way I find hard to explain. He has left his imprint on my heart and soul. I will carry a piece of him with me, in the same way he's taken a part of me that I'll never, ever get back.

:floating:

The evil in this world never ceases to amaze me. Every time I think I've seen it all, the bar is raised. Yet, I continue on, because I refuse to allow the darkness to overtake the light. :no:

So, tonight, I light a :candle: for you, Malik.

My tears flow, unchecked. My faith allows me to believe that your light is shining down upon your sister and your Momma, along with the rest of us.
:angel:

You are loved. You are remembered.

Justice will be yours! There are SO many of us that will ensure that it will be delivered. No matter how long it takes, it will be yours!

So, rest easy, Little One. Look after your Sister, and your Momma. Your work here is done. I just wish you could've stayed much much longer....

#JusticeForMalik

:rose:

I feel you. Chance Walsh case did that for me. I saw bits and pieces of Brianna Lopez and decided I cannot read it. I just cannot :(

At long last, the final confirmation of the news we've all known in our hearts has been received. :tears:

Even though it comes as no surprise, the finality of it all hurts me to my core. It brings me back to the very beginning of this journey we've taken with Little Malik, well over a year ago.

Throughout the twists and turns of his case, as our HinkyMeters redlined to the point of exploding, as we sleuthed in angst, we never lost sight of the beautiful little boy with the brightest of smiles, and the sparkling brown eyes. We prayed and worried incessantly over his twin sister, bereft at the thought of her just missing him.

There is no going back from this. The (in)actions and the brutality of what happened here, in Searcy, has forever changed me, as a parent, a :websleuther: , and as a human being.

I've been here for a while now, and sleuthed alongside many of you, through countless cases. That said, Malik's case "shifted the axis" of my world here in a way I find hard to explain. He has left his imprint on my heart and soul. I will carry a piece of him with me, in the same way he's taken a part of me that I'll never, ever get back.

The evil in this world never ceases to amaze me. Every time I think I've seen it all, the bar is raised. Yet, I continue on, because I refuse to allow the darkness to overtake the light. :no:

My tears flow, unchecked. My faith allows me to believe that your light is shining down upon your sister and your Momma, along with the rest of us.

Justice will be yours! There are SO many of us that will ensure that it will be delivered. No matter how long it takes, it will be yours!

So, rest easy, Little One. Look after your Sister, and your Momma. Your work here is done. I just wish you could've stayed much much longer....

#JusticeForMalik

Thinking of you tonight Malik. Praying you are running and playing happily with other little angels gone too soon. :rose:

#JusticeForMalik

You set me off kimi :tears:

Beautiful words!

We will never forget you, in our hearts forever. Justice will come! And we will be here to see it served!!

RIP sweet Malik :rose:

:rose: Rest in Peace little one :rose:

:grouphug:

#JusticeForMalik

i envy your faith
but even with my weaker faith i hope that you are resting easy malik, there is no more pain, no more fear and i also hope that, someday, you get to be with your mum and sis...i really hope so

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16
Back