GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't followed this case but saw it trending on Facebook. I hope this animal tells LE where to find Malik's remains so he can be laid to rest properly. Rest in peace, little one. :(

I also paused, overwhelmed to some extent, for quite a while when I read for the first time about 5 minutes ago that his dad had been arrested. After reading the brief article that was like don my local news website, I came over here to WS to check in, and sure enough, you guys are completely on top of things! The diligence of this community is admirable. I can relate to all of you that once you are sucked into a case, you are in. This has been one of those cases for me. Now, moving forward, a few questions and one personal inference:
-Why is Malik's twin sister living out of town with a relative (and appears to have been for some time)?
-When is the dad's girlfriend going to be charged?
-How long has Malik's mother known that her children's father was in fact her son's murderer?

Finally, I am in this instance grateful that Arkansas is a state that exercises capital punishment, and I hope that justice is swift.

"Police say Malik's body has not yet been recovered."

http://katv.com/news/local/father-of-mailk-drummond-arrested-and-charged-with-toddlers-death

Also from the news report:
-Malik's dad (Clifton) Came to PD around midnight
-Served with 2 warrants upon arrival (capital murder/abuse of corpse)
-Searcy PD/FBI has had their eye on the dad for a while, followed leads that provided evidence needed in order to charge him.
-Dad (Clifton) Might be facing more charges
-Searcy PD Might be arresting more people

Possible that they dont have to have the remains to charge... JMO but pray they do

2012 Arkansas Code
Title 5 - Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 6 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety, Or Welfare
Chapter 60 - General Provisions
Subchapter 1 - -- General Provisions
§ 5-60-101 - Abuse of a corpse.

Universal Citation: AR Code § 5-60-101 (2012)
(a) A person commits abuse of a corpse if, except as authorized by law, he or she knowingly:

(1) Disinters, removes, dissects, or mutilates a corpse; or

(2) (A) Physically mistreats or conceals a corpse in a manner offensive to a person of reasonable sensibilities.

(B) A person who conceals a corpse in a manner offensive to a person of reasonable sensibilities that results in the corpse remaining concealed is continuing in a course of conduct under § 5-1-109(e)(1)(B).

(C) (i) As used in this section, "in a manner offensive to a person of reasonable sensibilities" means in a manner that is outside the normal practices of handling or disposing of a corpse.

(ii) "In a manner offensive to a person of reasonable sensibilities" includes without limitation the dismembering, submerging, or burning of a corpse.

(b) Abuse of a corpse is a Class C felony.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources. http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansa...le-6/chapter-60/subchapter-1/section-5-60-101

I still think Malik is in the water somewhere, I always thought that was why the whole 'autism claim' was made early on

:(

Of course time in prison is required - he killed a 2-year-old. But the fact that the guilt ate away at him until he confessed proves he's not an absolute monster. He gave the family closure after a year, unlike many killers we see here who just stay mum to the end. Perhaps capital punishment isn't what's required here. I don't know.

It's been so long that some of the details of this case are fuzzy in my mind, but did the dad not have another child that died about 10 years ago? Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding that incident? Or did I imagine that?

OMG!! Finally! I've been checking for news nearly every day and as of yesterday there was nothing. I'm stunned! So there was new information after all. I'm almost giddy with relief even though we all knew the story of Malik's disappearance stunk to high heaven.

Now I'm off to read all the links.

It's been so long that some of the details of this case are fuzzy in my mind, but did the dad not have another child that died about 10 years ago? Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding that incident? Or did I imagine that?
Since he has been arrested we can look at his social media.

Jeff Clifton
October 12, 2011 ·
day wasnt good at all. my son was killed on wednesday oct. 12th and 2day is wednesday oct. 12th. it bothered me more than i thought. please add me and my situation in ur prayers.

Jeff Clifton
October 12, 2011 ·
i miss u lil jeff! 8/14/97-10/12/2005
r.i.p. lil j!
https://www.facebook.com/jeff.clifton1

:grouphug: Kimi

RIP Malik :rose:

OH NO!! What happened?? I worked 13 hours yesterday and am sitting waiting for a family members surgery. I haven't been able to catch up. Going back now. ��

From the katv.com Facebook page:

KATV Channel 7
1 hr ·
Click the link to watch the latest update from KATV's Alexis Rogers (https://m.facebook.com/AlexisReport...32471323:tl_objid.10153783332471323&__tn__=*s) who is at the Searcy Police Department gathering more information on the arrest of Malik Drummond's father.
Father of Malik Drummond arrested and charged with toddler's death

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...32471323:tl_objid.10153783332471323&__tn__=*s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course time in prison is required - he killed a 2-year-old. But the fact that the guilt ate away at him until he confessed proves he's not an absolute monster. He gave the family closure after a year, unlike many killers we see here who just stay mum to the end. Perhaps capital punishment isn't what's required here. I don't know.

If he just went to the police and confessed out of the blue, I agree with you. But I wonder if the police had already found some evidence against him and then brought him in for questioning, and pressured him into confessing.

Oh Malik! I'm so sorry that someone who was supposed to love and protect you would do such a horrible thing to you. Fly high sweet, beautiful boy. My heart hurts.

In a November 2010 police report, a woman with whom Clifton had a child in 2007, reported the two got into an argument inside a car. She told police Clifton "grabbed her by the throat and began choking" her as their 3-year-old son sat on his lap. The woman was advised to file charges against Clifton.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-news/what-we-know-about-malik-drummonds-father

A documented pattern of DV in both the close confines and presence of a small child! In most states, this meets the criteria for CHILD ABUSE!!!! :no: This perp is a MONSTER, who tried to wait it out IMO. What he didn't prepare for was a complete and thorough investigation - and dedicated sleuthers from ALL OVER THE WORLD to fall in love with Malik (and his twin sister)!

To hold your murderous tongue in a self-preservationist silence, knowing the torture you are inflicting upon your own daughter is disgusting! Then again, Malik did die by his hand, so....

:furious:

From the katv.com Facebook page:

KATV Channel 7
1 hr ·
Click the link to watch the latest update from KATV's Alexis Rogers (https://m.facebook.com/AlexisReport...32471323:tl_objid.10153783332471323&__tn__=*s) who is at the Searcy Police Department gathering more information on the arrest of Malik Drummond's father.
Father of Malik Drummond arrested and charged with toddler's death

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...32471323:tl_objid.10153783332471323&__tn__=*s

Some interesting points from your link Kimi

"Searcy police say they have been looking at Clifton for awhile and have interviewed him several times over the course of the last year since Malik's disappearance."

"Clifton appeared in court Wednesday morning. He is being held without bond at the White County Detention Center. His next court appearance is set for January 5."

"Searcy police say more charges might be added against Clifton and there could be more arrests."

O/T, HEAD on down to the parking lot, we could use your help. going very very fast

Just saw this update mentioned elsewhere (thank you to whoever posted on DeOrr's thread) as I haven't read in here for a while. Surely he must lead them to the body, if it's possible for it to be found. My fear is that it won't be possible.

I was going to say that...

it may be that he buried him or moved him. im praying that is all it is. as if it isn't bad enough :(

at least he came forward. I think maybe he lost his patience and abused him too hard :(

Possible that they dont have to have the remains to charge... JMO but pray they do

2012 Arkansas Code
Title 5 - Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 6 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety, Or Welfare
Chapter 60 - General Provisions
Subchapter 1 - -- General Provisions
§ 5-60-101 - Abuse of a corpse.

Universal Citation: AR Code § 5-60-101 (2012)
(a) A person commits abuse of a corpse if, except as authorized by law, he or she knowingly:

(1) Disinters, removes, dissects, or mutilates a corpse; or

(2) (A) Physically mistreats or conceals a corpse in a manner offensive to a person of reasonable sensibilities.

(B) A person who conceals a corpse in a manner offensive to a person of reasonable sensibilities that results in the corpse remaining concealed is continuing in a course of conduct under § 5-1-109(e)(1)(B).

(C) (i) As used in this section, "in a manner offensive to a person of reasonable sensibilities" means in a manner that is outside the normal practices of handling or disposing of a corpse.

(ii) "In a manner offensive to a person of reasonable sensibilities" includes without limitation the dismembering, submerging, or burning of a corpse.

(b) Abuse of a corpse is a Class C felony.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources. http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansa...le-6/chapter-60/subchapter-1/section-5-60-101

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back