GUILTY AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, found deceased, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good Lord!

If all true, then we know he was probably on LE's radar early.

Well, he didn't just snap. He's been on this path for a while. What remains to be seen now is if this is his first rodeo or not.

MOO
I really expect that it was, if for no other reason than if there were local incidents he would have been an immediate suspect and he strikes me as too lazy to travel to hunting grounds. Basically he just doesn't seem like a "successful" serial killer type.

I really expect that it was, if for no other reason than if there were local incidents he would have been an immediate suspect and he strikes me as too lazy to travel to hunting grounds. Basically he just doesn't seem like a "successful" serial killer type.

I agree. I think he finally just decided to act upon his desires. I would be surprised if their were others, but I'm never shocked anymore.

I hate typing that.

MOO

Following quietly till now... Articles that lay out salacious details from anonymous sources as if the tidbits were a buffet of sorts, don’t ring very credible to me. According to this, QL is a peeping tom, cat microwaver, stalker of young girls, and most importantly “too many people in this area know”. If QL is a serial monster, it won’t surprise me, but I can’t believe all these community members had full knowledge of these alleged behaviors and he still had the life he did in small town, USA. Most ppl I know in rural America would have avoided & ostracized someone like that, yet he was fully integrated into that community. JMO, MOO, etc., etc. etc.

Quake would put cats and other small animals in a microwave oven and watch them die

So he was a textbook psychopath. Great. Local suspicion probably fell onto him immediately then. I wonder if Sydney was unaware.

After seeing SS's prophetic post late July on her FB about if she's ever murdered, I wonder if SS believed she was being stalked or had reason to fear for her life? :eek:

Following quietly till now... Articles that lay out salacious details from anonymous sources as if the tidbits were a buffet of sorts, don’t ring very credible to me. According to this, QL is a peeping tom, cat microwaver, stalker of young girls, and most importantly “too many people in this area know”. If QL is a serial monster, it won’t surprise me, but I can’t believe all these community members had full knowledge of these alleged behaviors and he still had the life he did in small town, USA. Most ppl I know in rural America would have avoided & ostracized someone like that, yet he was fully integrated into that community. JMO, MOO, etc., etc. etc.
I agree. Taking any news from non MSM site with a huge grain of salt. MOO

Quake would put cats and other small animals in a microwave oven and watch them die

So he was a textbook psychopath. Great. Local suspicion probably fell onto him immediately then. I wonder if Sydney was unaware.

Before Quake worked his way up to poor Sydney. I have to wonder if he killed anyone like this before.

After seeing SS's prophetic post late July on her FB about if she's ever murdered, I wonder if SS believed she was being stalked or had reason to fear for her life? :eek:
In retrospect, it’s a chilling post. Still, she inserted some humor in the statement. Which makes me think its either a horrific coincidence, or she was trying to make light of just how scared she really was. Maybe she shared concerns with someone? Maybe those concerns weren’t taken seriously? I’d think details would have leaked out by now if she’d confided fears to someone. Idk. Jmo.

I don't know if I would go as far as to say that he was fully integrated into the community. Multiple locals in the Facebook groups had made comments about him stalking girls and Lewellyn's Facebook didn't show much interactivity before it was taken down. I think that his step/adopted family made up the vast majority of his social group. I'm not going to sleuth his wife but she didn't strike me as a farm town community member either.

The post is definitely a joke and there didn't seem to be any other posts where she expressed any concern for her safety but you can never know for sure that her deciding to post it wasn't inspired by some kind of an encounter with Lewellyn.

If the community is aware of his bad behavior, his family must have known long ago. I would bet he has been difficult since childhood. Perhaps, family members who gave him land, equipment, and whatever else to set him up in farming, were trying to help ground him, get him on a straight and narrow path, give him some focus and a reason to do something respectable. Personally, I think he is very disturbed and has been for a long time, so bandaiding him wasn't going to help. I also don't think SS is his first kill.

And, as a side note, I personally am curious - who the H-E-DOUBLE L names a kid "Quake"???? I don't mean that to be nasty, but I have never heard that as a person's name before now, and I find it quite odd. Is it some kind of nickname?? And if so, what is his real name??

MOO

If the community is aware of his bad behavior, his family must have known long ago. I would bet he has been difficult since childhood. Perhaps, family members who gave him land, equipment, and whatever else to set him up in farming, were trying to help ground him, get him on a straight and narrow path, give him some focus and a reason to do something respectable. Personally, I think he is very disturbed and has been for a long time, so bandaiding him wasn't going to help. I also don't think SS is his first kill.

And, as a side note, I personally am curious - who the H-E-DOUBLE L names a kid "Quake"???? I don't mean that to be nasty, but I have never heard that as a person's name before now, and I find it quite odd. Is it some kind of nickname?? And if so, what is his real name??

MOO

I canNOT think of his name as anything but “Quaker”. It drives me insane! JMO

MOO
He changed his name to that.

In retrospect, it’s a chilling post. Still, she inserted some humor in the statement. Which makes me think its either a horrific coincidence, or she was trying to make light of just how scared she really was. Maybe she shared concerns with someone? Maybe those concerns weren’t taken seriously? I’d think details would have leaked out by now if she’d confided fears to someone. Idk. Jmo.
When I was a young woman and would walk my dog early in the morning, I had a dog catcher stalk me (hold the jokes). He would drive slowly behind me and just follow me. I joked to my family that if I disappeared they might find me at the dog pound. I was scared of him and changed to walking after work, but he found me then too.
I contacted the police and they watched him, caught him and warned him off. My dog disappeared out of my yard two weeks later. Never found her.

Last edited:

MOO
He was known as Jeremy Davis until he was about 15, soon after his mother married Michael Lewellyn

The post is definitely a joke and there didn't seem to be any other posts where she expressed any concern for her safety but you can never know for sure that her deciding to post it wasn't inspired by some kind of an encounter with Lewellyn.

We can only see posts that are set to public, so we can't assume it was "definitely a joke." We have no idea about anything posted to a private audience of her FB friends. JMO.

We can only see posts that are set to public, so we can't assume it was "definitely a joke." We have no idea about anything posted to a private audience of her FB friends. JMO.
We can't read her mind either so I guess nothing is definite but that post has a humorous tone and we can see its reply chain, which in no way suggests any real concerns from either Sydney or her friends regarding her safety.

I canNOT think of his name as anything but “Quaker”. It drives me insane! JMO

Well, here's what I think of:

upload_2020-9-2_16-37-56.jpeg

Kid's cereal from the late '60's. Quisp was sib's favorite, mine was Quake, our patient Mom brought both home.

Now I know much, much more about food systems -- probably the exact same recipe in different shapes.

JMHO YMMV LRR

View attachment 262390

Kid's cereal from the late '60's. Quisp was sib's favorite, mine was Quake, our patient Mom brought both home.

Now I know much, much more about food systems -- probably the exact same recipe in different shapes.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Wow I am getting old - not only do I remember both of those cereals but also the commercials for them. LOL

View attachment 262390

JMHO YMMV LRR
I'm not even close to old enough to remember them personally but I love kid culture so I was so aware of them that it's also what I immediately thought of when I heard the suspect was named "Quake" but I didn't want to post it

If he got to rename himself as a teen, my best guess is that he's a big fan of the Quake video game series.
Quake (video game) - Wikipedia

My SO is regaling me stories of playing Quake III Arena as a teen in school. He says all of the school computers had a copy of it installed, because it was a free game. Id Software commonly released 'free' limited versions of their games. Eventually, players would get bored of repeating the same levels/beating the free content that they'd purchase the remaining game content (which was also highly customizable, with purchase).

Quake III Arena was released in 1999, so young QL would've likely been too young to encounter it, but the game had one more sequel, Quake 4, released in 2005, when QL would've been 12-13 years old. This is squarely in the right age range to become completely obsessed with a game and change your name to *Quake* a few years later.

I can see QL being a computer savvy, gamer type. Immersing himself in violent fantasy worlds, favoring spending more time interacting with people online, because he's introverted, antisocial, or unable to make companions in real life. MOO.

MOO
Years ago there was guy who lived a couple of towns over from us who was always in trouble from an early age. By high school his parents had sent him away to military school in hopes he would get better but he didn't. He had a very troubled family history. Every time he would get into trouble his dad would bail him out and provide him with a new truck to drive, a new place to live with all the conveniences, and a job working for his dad's company. He turned out to be a serial killer, convicted of murder and died in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb
Back