Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This might be a bit of a stretch but could this poor UID be a possible match to Agnes Young?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1877dfpa.html

Am thinking the limited information on middle-aged persons missing from that time requires a 'stretch'. Lots of questions surround Agnes Young! Will have to Google and see if more can be found on husband or SSI outcome.

Don't have the experience to really offer reliable advice but with so little information to go on, eliminating possibilities would seem the most logical way to go.

Agnes had mental health issues...which goes along with discharge theory re bag items. Height, weight, hair color and last time seen are in the range. Again the photo is hard for me to determine re facial likeness though thought the noses were pretty close.

Ya know, looking again at the UID page, I'm just irritated. They say there are no fingerprints and no DNA. WTH? She had dentures for crying out loud! How do they ever expect to identify this poor soul? Jeez.

I agree--I too think she must have been a local in Roseburg at one time to have gotten that t-shirt. I disagree with a previous poster that she would not have been a waitress though, I would think a waitress would have been given the t-shirt more than a cleaner, and most restaurants hire outside cleaning staff, so they would not be wearing a restaurant t-shirt at all. I wonder if we contacted a manager from that restaurant if they might recognize her. She may also have gotten the t-shirt from a goodwill or other donation center too, so may have no connection to Oregon at all. Lastly, I agree with the poster about hazel eyes. I too have hazel eyes, but when I was younger, they were brown until my teen years, and then they would sometimes be brown, sometimes green. Eye color after death is a tricky science as it is, so a distinction between hazel and brown eyes may not have been able to be made.

FYI Guys -- that bar that was advertised on Laundry Lady's T-shirt does exist in Roseburg, OR...it's a Chinese Restaurant. I assume their bar must be the 'Tiki Room'. Do you think maybe she was down south visiting someone? Maybe she's from Oregon? Just an idea.

I believe this is at least worth submitting. The eyebrows are soooo similar! And let's not forget that our UID had suffered fatal trauma. We can't really be sure how it changed her physical appearance or what scars or other existing marks may have been affected. Also, Texas and Arkansas are close.

A LTWH :angel: was in contact with the AR MedEx today about UID/Rose. So think this one will be determined in short order.

I agree--I too think she must have been a local in Roseburg at one time to have gotten that t-shirt. I disagree with a previous poster that she would not have been a waitress though, I would think a waitress would have been given the t-shirt more than a cleaner, and most restaurants hire outside cleaning staff, so they would not be wearing a restaurant t-shirt at all. I wonder if we contacted a manager from that restaurant if they might recognize her. She may also have gotten the t-shirt from a goodwill or other donation center too, so may have no connection to Oregon at all. Lastly, I agree with the poster about hazel eyes. I too have hazel eyes, but when I was younger, they were brown until my teen years, and then they would sometimes be brown, sometimes green. Eye color after death is a tricky science as it is, so a distinction between hazel and brown eyes may not have been able to be made.

Oh well, was thinking this was a safe assumption but probably not so will ask...Would the police have contacted/sent photo to the Kawloon in 1987?
Wonder if there is a possibility of finding out if this was done.

picture.php

Hope you don't mind my doing this, future criminologist. Do think the faces share a resemblance. Sad to see Sharon's photos and realize how long her family has wondered and worried as to her whereabouts.

The more I think about this case, the more I agree with the idea of her being transient or recently released from a group home of some sort.

If that is the case, I kind of doubt she will be a match with a missing person who led a normal life and simply vanished one day. More than likely, she'd be someone with a history of mental health issues and/or a history of substance abuse. Someone that friends and family had a hard time keeping track of, someone who they were not used to hearing about for long periods of time.

I'm not saying we should rule out anyone on this criteria alone, because it is obviously one hell of an assumption to make just based on the contents of her bag. Just kind of thinking out loud, I guess.

I wonder if authorities ever sent her picture around to local homeless shelters or group homes.

My mom is an alcoholic and lived in shelters for awhile, so such a theory kind of hits close to home for me.

FYI Guys -- that bar that was advertised on Laundry Lady's T-shirt does exist in Roseburg, OR...it's a Chinese Restaurant. I assume their bar must be the 'Tiki Room'. Do you think maybe she was down south visiting someone? Maybe she's from Oregon? Just an idea.

Hi if you look back on page one I already posted it and the link to it

I mentioned the idea as to whether she might have been a Cleaner there.

Her shoes are very dirty, yes could be from the car hitting her and throwing her but possibly just dirty, her jeans were also quite daggy although I suppose 1987 they were LOL

But yes I asked if she might be a cleaner there - check out the link

Ya know, looking again at the UID page, I'm just irritated. They say there are no fingerprints and no DNA. WTH? She had dentures for crying out loud! How do they ever expect to identify this poor soul? Jeez.

I also posted the link to the Namus site and whilst it says no fingerprints there seems to be fingerprints

I also posted a link to this on page one

I dont think its Sharon due to the Height LL was 64 inches which is approx 5ft 3

Sharon is 5foot five - two inches is quite a lot to be out

She also looks like a tall slim lady

And a very young 40 year old

I dropped the K out of Sharons name and came up with a lot more
According to this she was a grandmother ! as well

http://www.sharonpinegar.com/

The DOB IS totally different on here as well !

There is another pic we havent seen with a child

Some of those pics are obviously from when she was in her 20's but on the missing site they made it sound like they were all from 87

I don't think its LL and I also wonder with LL if she had given birth wouldn't they put that in the records ? either C Section scars or has given birth report ?

I agree--I too think she must have been a local in Roseburg at one time to have gotten that t-shirt.

OR...it could have been one of those ironic t-shirts that you can get at Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie & Fitch or Old Navy...the ones that say "Bob's Surf Shop" or something...I have a few of those myself but have never been to or lived in the place on the shirt. that's what the shirt looked like to me when I saw it. she could have picked it up at a homeless shelter or from a college clothing drive or something.

That's why I don't give too much credence to what vics are wearing usually...because they could always be donated clothes. and to add to this actually...I was in Colorado a few months ago when I saw a young man wearing a t-shirt that said "Waltham Boys and Girls Club". I jumped up and asked him if he was from Massachusetts, because Waltham is the next town over from mine, and I know that Boys and Girls Club. He said no, he had no idea where Waltham even was, he had picked it up in a bin at a Salvation Army as part of a halloween costume. so, you never know where some shirt you donated years ago will end up. I'm pretty sure there's a homeless person somewhere wearing an old swimteam t-shirt of mine.

also, a friend of mine who went to college in SC had his fraternity sweatshirt stolen out of a dryer at a laundromat in town. a week later, he sees this homeless lady walking down the street wearing a "Sigma Ki Ep" sweatshirt with HIS name on it! he got out and made her give it back. so...she could have also stolen clothes from the laundromat. I've had stuff stolen before.

so again, when it comes to the t-shirt, don't put all your eggs in that basket, cuz you never know where she got it from.

OR...it could have been one of those ironic t-shirts that you can get at Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie & Fitch or Old Navy...the ones that say "Bob's Surf Shop" or something...I have a few of those myself but have never been to or lived in the place on the shirt. that's what the shirt looked like to me when I saw it. she could have picked it up at a homeless shelter or from a college clothing drive or something.

That's why I don't give too much credence to what vics are wearing usually...because they could always be donated clothes. and to add to this actually...I was in Colorado a few months ago when I saw a young man wearing a t-shirt that said "Waltham Boys and Girls Club". I jumped up and asked him if he was from Massachusetts, because Waltham is the next town over from mine, and I know that Boys and Girls Club. He said no, he had no idea where Waltham even was, he had picked it up in a bin at a Salvation Army as part of a halloween costume. so, you never know where some shirt you donated years ago will end up. I'm pretty sure there's a homeless person somewhere wearing an old swimteam t-shirt of mine.

also, a friend of mine who went to college in SC had his fraternity sweatshirt stolen out of a dryer at a laundromat in town. a week later, he sees this homeless lady walking down the street wearing a "Sigma Ki Ep" sweatshirt with HIS name on it! he got out and made her give it back. so...she could have also stolen clothes from the laundromat. I've had stuff stolen before.

so again, when it comes to the t-shirt, don't put all your eggs in that basket, cuz you never know where she got it from.

I'm the same with with clothes. I don't put too much credence in them. We often shop at thrift stores, and the Goodwill in my town has frequent T-shirt sales. My husband bought a T-shirt that said something about accountants on it; he is not an accountant, though. We were at a bookstore and this guy came up and started talking about the college he went to, where the accountant T-shirt originated from, I guess, and he was trying to engage my husband in what could best be described as accountant talk. Finally, my husband told him he got the shirt used, and the man kind of slunk sadly away.

But, you never know, a shirt could be a clue.

I dont think its Sharon due to the Height LL was 64 inches which is approx 5ft 3

Sharon is 5foot five - two inches is quite a lot to be out

She also looks like a tall slim lady

And a very young 40 year old

Actually, 64" is exactly 5'4" (12 inches to the foot).

Hi yes I do understand but as SS pointed out there is no mention of Mole and C Section scar which are very identifiable things that would normally be with the body description...

It doesnt hurt to send it in though - you just never know

Actually just sending in every person we come across is not typically how we roll-for example I spoke with Laundry Lady's ME on behalf of another sleuther and he wants us to submit if we can find prints on the missing person UNLESS there is something really compelling about the match.

I am waiting to find out if Rosie Baker's file contains a print card. Laundry Lady did not have a healed fracture of her wrist as Rosie did, BUT she also had both upper and lower dentures which I do not believe is listed out anywhere, right??? Or am I crazy? Could be...I have been poking around a whole lot of cases this week....

In any case, LL has upper and lower dentures.

Rosie has a very interesting story, BTW. No overt ties to Arkansas, but was in a very difficult marriage. At one time there might have been a grave found under her house-but there was no hit by cadaver dogs. She has a history of disappearing in the past, and her MtDNA is in the databases. Waiting to hear back from Arkansas and I will update!! Nice job Capoly for bringing her to our attention...

Rosie has a very interesting story, BTW. No overt ties to Arkansas, but was in a very difficult marriage. At one time there might have been a grave found under her house-but there was no hit by cadaver dogs. She has a history of disappearing in the past, and her MtDNA is in the databases. Waiting to hear back from Arkansas and I will update!! Nice job Capoly for bringing her to our attention...

WS :angel: ......Thank you :blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke