Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the NAMUS report:
Clothing: Usually wore dress pants, rarely jeans; conservative blouses, no prints and no T-shirts; conservative shoes, no athletic shoes. Footwear: conservative shoes, no athletic shoes

Dental commentsupper dentures

Sounds like the UID was wearing clothing that Rose would rarely, if ever, wear and she did not have a full denture set - thoughts?:waitasec:

From the NAMUS report:
Clothing: Usually wore dress pants, rarely jeans; conservative blouses, no prints and no T-shirts; conservative shoes, no athletic shoes. Footwear: conservative shoes, no athletic shoes

Sounds like the UID was wearing clothing that Rose would rarely, if ever, wear and she did not have a full denture set - thoughts?:waitasec:

Yes does sound that way

But thoughts of what happens when some people lose their memory and just call themselves something else ?
Or if they change their identity and become someone else .
Or if someone threatened their family

I know these are all far fetched but it does happen

I mean say it was any of these ladies on here it just seems so odd that they have left their life and become this LL without it being something like that

And the sad thing is that this LL could have no family and therefore she has not been reported missing and so we will never know her name.

The link I gave on page one has fingerprints on it for LL - But when you go down the list it says no fingerprints

Can someone tale a look and tell me why that is ? because there is defintiely a set of fingerprints on the namus site

From the NAMUS report:
ClothingUsually wore dress pants, rarely jeans; conservative blouses, no prints and no T-shirts; conservative shoes, no athletic shoes. Footwearconservative shoes, no athletic shoes

Believe09 posted an update on UID/Rose. MedEx for UID would like Rose's prints to be part of a submission.

The link I gave on page one has fingerprints on it for LL - But when you go down the list it says no fingerprints

Can someone tale a look and tell me why that is ? because there is defintiely a set of fingerprints on the namus site

<snipped>

Maybe the picture of the fingerprint card was taken back in 1987, and has since been lost. I don't know much about the science of fingerprint comparison, but perhaps a picture of the original fingerprints isn't enough.

Just speculation.

Either that, or maybe the listing of "no fingerprints" is an error.

Believe09 posted an update on UID/Rose. MedEx for UID would like Rose's prints to be part of a submission.

Acutally thats not quite accurate , sounds like you are saying its a good possiblity
If you have a re read of what Believe Wrote its not quite that way - what she wrote was

Actually just sending in every person we come across is not typically how we roll-for example I spoke with Laundry Lady's ME on behalf of another sleuther and he wants us to submit if we can find prints on the missing person UNLESS there is something really compelling about the match.

I am waiting to find out if Rosie Baker's file contains a print card. Laundry Lady did not have a healed fracture of her wrist as Rosie did, BUT she also had both upper and lower dentures which I do not believe is listed out anywhere, right??? Or am I crazy? Could be...I have been poking around a whole lot of cases this week....

In any case, LL has upper and lower dentures.

Believe I also wanted to say I understand that, I wouldn't dream of sending in everyone *likeness*

I was more saying it about Rose due to other info..

I have asked a couple of times, but no one seems to have seen about sending in the lady that I found on Page one. There is limited info on that missing lady but the details do fit in eyes hair height, but weight was slightly more of the dec LL.

I feel like I am being chastised in this thread for everything I say. Please understand I went off at the beginning and found the actual photos and details of LL and felt a huge interest in trying to find out her true identity because of it.

Its harder for me because I am in Australia, I dont know your states, I don't know the people to contact All I can do is google, and Im pretty good at finding stuff.

we all have the same goal to find out LL's identity

<snipped>

Maybe the picture of the fingerprint card was taken back in 1987, and has since been lost. I don't know much about the science of fingerprint comparison, but perhaps a picture of the original fingerprints isn't enough.

Just speculation.

Either that, or maybe the listing of "no fingerprints" is an error.

Thank you . Do you know who to contact to find out what happened with the fingerprints ?

If you read Believes posts, it sounds like she is contacting both LE for Rose AND Arkansas LE regarding LL, so we will soon find out if there are prints. Is that correct Believe? (Believe is a pro at this, I have seen her in action with the Benjamin Kyle case!)

Thank you . Do you know who to contact to find out what happened with the fingerprints ?

Respectfully, I do not feel the lady from page 1 that you posted resembles the deceased. The hair color and texture appear very different to me, and the face shape is different. I am more inclined to believe Rose Baker is more of a match, but that is JMO. Thanks for the post though!
I feel like I am being chastised in this thread for everything I say. Please understand I went off at the beginning and found the actual photos and details of LL and felt a huge interest in trying to find out her true identity because of it.

Its harder for me because I am in Australia, I dont know your states, I don't know the people to contact All I can do is google, and Im pretty good at finding stuff.

Respectfully, I do not feel the lady from page 1 that you posted resembles the deceased. The hair color and texture appear very different to me, and the face shape is different. I am more inclined to believe Rose Baker is more of a match, but that is JMO. Thanks for the post though!

Yes the hair colour is off - which is what I said it looks dyed blondish or lighter anyway - but the report states brown hair Hazel eyes.

The shape face and so on is hard to see as its a lousy photo.

I know believe has done fab work and is very good, Ive seen the BK threads too.

Acutally thats not quite accurate , sounds like you are saying its a good possiblity

What I wrote was accurate as it pertains to Rose. If I was thinking good possibility, the words 'good possibility' would be present in my post.

If you read Believes posts, it sounds like she is contacting both LE for Rose AND Arkansas LE regarding LL, so we will soon find out if there are prints. Is that correct Believe? (Believe is a pro at this, I have seen her in action with the Benjamin Kyle case!)

That is my understanding also, Julessleuther. And, yes, believe09 is a pro!

Please, don't take any of our responses as criticism or chastisement - that's just the nature of this kind of forum - it is discussion, debate, and analysis of the bits and pieces that each of us feel are important in any given case. Please do not take it personally - you're doing just fine - keep up the good work! Believe me, you've got to develop a thick skin to put your thoughts out here - I'm still bruised from some of my posts! :eek:

LL has a fingerprint card-ME had it in his hand when we spoke.

Rosie does not have any prints on file-Grayson said that she was a lovely, upstanding lady with no prints because of run ins with the law, or voluntary. They swabbed her daughter in 2007 and had a DNA profile completed.

I don't see anyone chastising you, Jane. We sleuth, therefore we are, right? Disagreement is expected-that is consensus building, right?

FWIW, I didn't see the resemblance with your candidate, which is simply jmo. The stats (height, weight) were off enough that it solidified my feeling. Again, Just my opinion.

Clothing and lower plate non withstanding, I thought Capoly had a good candidate-doesn't mean that I think she is better than you...I liked her candidate, that is all. :blowkiss: to both of you!!

Pros for Rosie: Facial structure, height, weight, proximity is reasonable.
Cons for Rosie: Possible foul play in her case, 7 years post disappearance, there is no notation on the ME report for LL regarding a healed wrist fracture, Does LL have a mole? Did Rosie get a lower plate? Are the clothes reasonably something that Rosie would wear 7 years following her disappearance?

If LL has a DNA profile already in CODIS, then we know the two are not a match. If she does not, and Rosie does I guess I know what Mr. Edwards next step will be for his UID.

Just to add a note; I did not submit the match so to speak. I called the ME to ask if LL had a fractured wrist. We started to talk about prints and the comparison case (Rosie.) He asked me to to find out if Grayson PD had prints for Rosie so that it could be easily compared. I spoke with Grayson PD for a while, they wanted the link to the UID and they thought it was compelling. I was still just getting background for both, but who was I to stand in the way of LE, lol???

Agreed. So is Colgate. You can buy knock off stuff much, much cheaper. But even a quarter counts. When you are broke, every penny makes a difference. Name brands are not consistent with a transient person.

I agree.

The white thing appears to be a bar of soap. This is a guess as I cannot see it well.

There is a brush in a wrapper at the very bottom. It looks as if it's new.

I thought perhaps something happened to the paste upon impact. Or that it was somehow effected in this manner. It looked like it may have exploded out the end but again hard to tell.

This all then led me to think of another scenario. What if she had escaped a bad relationship/a person/left their life and was setting up shop somewhere and needed the basics. Or she had just moved into the area for whatever reason? How often do you need ALL of the essentials while shopping unless moving? I never run out of all essentials and a few luxury but useful household items at the same time. What plausible scenarios would this happen? Moving was all that came to mind.
ON second look the object at the bottom is not a toothbrush it is actually a ruler to show the size of other objects. So why mostly used toothpaste and no toothbrush?

ON second look the object at the bottom is not a toothbrush it is actually a ruler to show the size of other objects. So why mostly used toothpaste and no toothbrush?

If you read the whole thread this has already been pointed out with close up photos. :)

Also from what I see there is a toothbrush top right hand corner in a tooth brush box holder for a foldable - travel - toothbrush. Please go to page one and look at the links I provided where you will find photos of LL and you can enlarge the photo of the items

That is my understanding also, Julessleuther. And, yes, believe09 is a pro!

Oh heaven for fend-I leave the professional sleuthing to those with serious time under their belts, lol; SS, JBean, Christine2448, Cubby, southcitymom...the list goes on and on....

I mean this in a kind and constructive way, you would be doing yourself a favor to not take things so personally. With topics like this, people are bound to discuss and disagree, and I honestly doubt there was any personal affront intended.

I am sure that your input is appreciated.

I mean this in a kind and constructive way, you would be doing yourself a favor to not take things so personally. With topics like this, people are bound to discuss and disagree, and I honestly doubt there was any personal affront intended.

I am sure that your input is appreciated.

Thank you - but I wasnt taking it personally just stating my opinion.
And I am not offended if no one thinks if the person I looked at initially matches to LL - that doesnt bother me.

Its very hard to match dead people with alive pictures - we've all seen that - look at our beautiful JaneDoe Maricopa - Tawnie Lee Mazone - There was many many pics put up that many thought were definites, but once you get the right person and they are identified as yes being the right one - people tend to then say ah yes you can see xyz etc - hindsight is a wonderful thing :)

We have seen it many times where the person is diff height hair eyes weight etc because sadly they are dead and can look different.

I hope no one thought that i was putting down their viewpoints either :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke