Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me a lot of Sharon Marshall. Sad. How would he have known about the fw3? We know about it but that doesn't make it common knowledge. I do think there are large human trafficking operations in existence all over the world. None of it would shock me.

Reminds me a lot of Sharon Marshall. Sad. How would he have known about the fw3? We know about it but that doesn't make it common knowledge. I do think there are large human trafficking operations in existence all over the world. None of it would shock me.

he's just been reading the internet .

I agree. This case reminds me a lot of the Sharon Marshall case. I hope that all of the girls who were thought to be Sharon Marshall will be compared with El Dorado Jane Doe.

omg sorry Interrupted again ....yes I directed Kelly to the page on Fb and asked him if he remembers or recognized her and he didn't and on that note one of my co workers husband had affair with a girl here in Dallas by the same name shes much younger than ours though , but I think and always have maybe she really is Kelly Carr there still the whole Stenner thing though she sure looks like them !

Regarding the name Steiner. I did some searching for this name in the state of Texas and came up with this. Marlene and Dwight Steiner. Seem like some real good people, they have run foster care out of their home in McAllen TX for along time. They have helped hundreds if not over a thousand children.
I thought since there is some speculation as to whether EDJD had been in foster care at some point and the fact that she liked to borrow names it would be worth posting. I also noticed McAllen is only a few miles from Mercedes. Here is one link to an article about the Steiners, there are several more.

Foster Families Needed: Hundreds of children moved from Rio Grande Valley

Regarding the name Steiner. I did some searching for this name in the state of Texas and came up with this. Marlene and Dwight Steiner. Seem like some real good people, they have run foster care out of their home in McAllen TX for along time. They have helped hundreds if not over a thousand children.
I thought since there is some speculation as to whether EDJD had been in foster care at some point and the fact that she liked to borrow names it would be worth posting. I also noticed McAllen is only a few miles from Mercedes. Here is one link to an article about the Steiners, there are several more.

Foster Families Needed: Hundreds of children moved from Rio Grande Valley
Send them a pic of EDJD and see if they recognise her?

there are some Stenner's that I went down the rabbit hole and they have a ranch close to Austin , and the appearance WOW spot on down to her nose ! so I'm thinking the spelling was just what james said he remembered so it could have been either or hes just full of ....

I think this has been mentioned in passing but never discussed in detail - does anyone else think that Janice Pockett could be a possibility? I only really base it on physical resemblance. I know there's a belief that Janice may have been killed by one of a couple of different serial killers. Janice Kathryn Pockett – The Charley Project

In one of those Facebook groups a while back I’m sure I remember someone found her on fb.
Huf
Is the real Cheryl Wick still alive? I thought I read somewhere she had passed but I might be getting that mixed up with another case. I agree, I hope they questioned her fully

Huffington Post just ran a story on this case and it addresses the Cheryl Wick angle fairly well. If this has already been posted, please forgive me. I did try to look.

We Know Who Killed Her. But 24 Years Later, We Still Don’t Know Her Name. | HuffPost

Ha I didnt even look , I just remember when I spoke with David about her , so basically I didn't see the date either LOL!

Yes it has.. she does not look like EDJD interesting that you brought her up thou.. Unsure if her brother or another relative provided DNA for NAMUS as of yet. It's presumed her ex husband is involved in her disappearance.

Ok, then what about Elisabeth Sykora? Has this missing person been ruled out or is she just not looked at all that hard because she is suspected of having been murdered by this same man? Does anyone think it could be a possible match based solely on looks?

Missing Person Case

Elizabeth's Charley Project page: Elizabeth Sykora – The Charley Project

She was probably murdered by her husband, but that's not a certainty.
She'd have been almost 30 in 1991, quite a bit older than EDJD.

It's hard to judge appearance based on one not-very-clear photo, but she doesn't look that close facially to me--eyebrows and chin both seem different.

Elizabeth's Charley Project page: Elizabeth Sykora – The Charley Project

She was probably murdered by her husband, but that's not a certainty.
She'd have been almost 30 in 1991, quite a bit older than EDJD.

It's hard to judge appearance based on one not-very-clear photo, but she doesn't look that close facially to me--eyebrows and chin both seem different.

She appears very different to me to. EDJD had a distinctive look, and I had a friend who looked eerily similar, even in all the photos, not just one, so I feel I 'know' her face. My friend is alive and accounted for, by the way, just one of those eerie similarities, which attracted me to the case originally.

She appears very different to me to. EDJD had a distinctive look, and I had a friend who looked eerily similar, even in all the photos, not just one, so I feel I 'know' her face. My friend is alive and accounted for, by the way, just one of those eerie similarities, which attracted me to the case originally.

I know what you mean by her look, in fact my mom has a similar look IMO. She has kind of a bigger nose and a long face. My mother has really dark brown hair but sometimes when I see her in pics from the 80s 90s when she wore a lot of makeup I am ery much reminded of EDJD

Does anyone have the current ruleout list for El Dorado? I tried to search for it to see if it had been posted recently but could not find it. I know she has a ton of ruleouts. TIA if anyone can post it.

step0003.jpg
mary_leah_rodermund_2.jpg
beha9g.png

Bringing this over, Mary Leah Rodermund
She had hazel eyes and went missing at 16 in 1978- 5'4 at time last seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors