AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her mom could have passed away not long after the visit in Louisiana maybe before she would have realized she hadn't heard from her in a while-never got the chance to report her missing.
Or if she traveled around a lot-which it seems she did in the last few years, maybe mom just figured her daughter didn't want to be contacted-we don't know if they had a rocky relationship or talked daily.
I agree with some earlier posts that she seemed to have grown up middle class and her pictures don't look like a run down addict or alcoholic prostitute stripper. She has sort of a "class" about her. Nice hair, kept it pretty and dyed. Pretty make up. Nicely dressed.
I don't think she was excited about going to Texas to start stripping/dancing or being a prostitute. It just doesn't make sense to me. And she was never arrested under any of her names in any of the other states (that we know of) for prostitution. And there were no drug charges that anyone has found under her aliases.
She seemed sort of "clean cut" (even her diary writings seem very young, sweet and niave.
And then some how i think she met (or hooked up with) James McAlphin (did he go there with Doe and Tyrone? or was McAlphin already in Texas and that is why her and Tyrone were going to Texas?) when she got to Texas under some unfortunate turn of life events and became an abused girlfriend and they needed money and he probably "encouraged" her to apply to be a stripper because it is easy and good $$$. Somehow that led to prostitution to support the two of them (and maybe helping McAlphin rob people- since the petty theft charges-or shoplifting things they needed when they were broke).

Sorry to ramble but thinking out loud and this case makes me crazy.

No, it makes me so crazy, I had met her in Fayetteville Ar. in 88 McAlphins cousin was going to school there so Im pretty positive Tyrone was not her boyfriend, but you are right her mother could have been sick etc, but i wonder why the sister has not looked or found her, maybe they werent close, maybe the sister was very young??? as for excited to work.....well the prostitutes and strippers around Dallas make ALOT of money, I lived next door to a girl that actually flies to Boston, New york, etc then comes back to Dallas so being nosey me , I asked why, she said the men like to see a fresh face so if she goes to another large city she can make a ton of cash! interesting huh? I apparently will ask anyone anything LOL!

I have been involved this week with work and attending a trial, but will try to get an e-mail together this weekend to submit...

Anyone feel strongly that I shouldn't?? I'm sort of new at submitting possible matches...

She has a certain resemblance to Katherine Lyon. Katherine was only 4'8" at age 10, though, so probably didn't grow quite that tall -- though if her parents were tall, maybe. She'd have been 27 in 1991.

Attachments

• 81UFAR2 1975.jpg
    81UFAR2 1975.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 41
  • lyon_katherine 1975.jpg
    lyon_katherine 1975.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 31
Terri Lynn has a mole on her right cheek - not mentioned or seen in JD's morgue photos....

Veronica Brewer was mentioned earlier...was she ever checked out??

Okay, what about this one: Cheryl Iacovone went missing in PA in 1977. She was said to be 5'8" and 120 lbs at 17, which isn't really quite tall enough but is starting to get close. Also, I'm starting to distrust the information on some of these older missing persons descriptions; often it looks like they got it off the driver's license.

Facially, very close. I flipped Kelly's photo so they're both facing the same direction.

I was going to rule her out based on teeth, because Cheryl's age-progressed sketch shows a prominent gap between her front teeth, but I don't see it in Cheryl's teenage photo. It looks to me more like there could be a gap where an eyetooth was removed.

Carl, can you or somebody who's good with teeth take a look at that?

Attachments

• Cheryl Iacovone 1977 PA.jpg
    Cheryl Iacovone 1977 PA.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 81UFAR flipped.jpg
    81UFAR flipped.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 43
81UFAR3.jpg

3terri.jpg

I swear I read she was a rule out, but they certianly look alike!

I was just looking back thorough this thread and there was lots of discussion about Terri Lynn, but no indication she had ever been submitted - there are definintely a few discrepancies, height being one, but I think she should still be submitted.

There was alot of discussion about Terri Lynn being "ruled out" on dentals, sloane777, but no indication of "official' rule out that I could find...

Okay, what about this one: Cheryl Iacovone went missing in PA in 1977. She was said to be 5'8" and 120 lbs at 17, which isn't really quite tall enough but is starting to get close. Also, I'm starting to distrust the information on some of these older missing persons descriptions; often it looks like they got it off the driver's license.

Facially, very close. I flipped Kelly's photo so they're both facing the same direction.

I was going to rule her out based on teeth, because Cheryl's age-progressed sketch shows a prominent gap between her front teeth, but I don't see it in Cheryl's teenage photo. It looks to me more like there could be a gap where an eyetooth was removed.

Carl, can you or somebody who's good with teeth take a look at that?

They look scarily alike. Doe Network has Kelly's age as being 17-21, NamUs has 20-30. Cheryl would have been 31 at the time.

Looking at the comparison with Terri and the Doe, I'd say submit it if it hasn't been officially ruled out. The nose, lips and face shape are far too alike.

Last update to the NamUs link was in July, here are the list of ruleouts for this UID:

Tracy Byrd 1968 Pennsylvania
Melinda Creech 1900 Indiana
REBECCA DUNN 1958 Nevada
Shelley Hoke 1969 Arizona
Tricia Kellett 1973 Illinois
Kim Leggett 1962 Texas
Staci Madison 1970 Arkansas
Michelle Mulcahy 1961 Florida
Lisa Sexton 1966 Ohio
Sherri White 1964 Alaska
Lisa Wilson

Here is also the link: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2813

No, it makes me so crazy, I had met her in Fayetteville Ar. in 88 McAlphins cousin was going to school there so Im pretty positive Tyrone was not her boyfriend, but you are right her mother could have been sick etc, but i wonder why the sister has not looked or found her, maybe they werent close, maybe the sister was very young??? as for excited to work.....well the prostitutes and strippers around Dallas make ALOT of money, I lived next door to a girl that actually flies to Boston, New york, etc then comes back to Dallas so being nosey me , I asked why, she said the men like to see a fresh face so if she goes to another large city she can make a ton of cash! interesting huh? I apparently will ask anyone anything LOL!

You had actually met her in 1988? That is very interesting! Did you go to school there or where did you meet her? Who was McAlphins cousin that was in school there?

You had actually met her in 1988? That is very interesting! Did you go to school there or where did you meet her? Who was McAlphins cousin that was in school there?

I cant remember his cousins name but I remember her name was Sherry, or thats what she told me , we hung out for a few weeks, we went out a few times as a group in Fayetteville where the university of arkansas is, I would say she was a year younger than me, I was born in 65, I was all consumed with College and partying at that time , but I do vividly remember she was Jumpy around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missygirl26