AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, found this case a few weeks ago, and have been reading this thread avidly. I was casually looking through the Charley Project website today, and I found a missing girl that I don't think has been mentioned yet, and her photo just jumped out at me...

Adrianne Gilliam

I know her stats are slightly out, like height and perhaps age a little, but she looks so much like the photos of Jane without make up on, and redheads tend to look younger than they actually are without make up. I'm sure someone will have a better insight into this than I do, but you never know, I just thought I'd put it out there as a possibility.

She looks similar in ways, but I think her face is longer then El Dorado Doe's. In addition, I believe her boyfriend was convicted of her murder so I would say this isn't her... Thanks for submitting it though! :) That is awesome you signed up here at WS.

Coincidentally, I was looking at CA MP cases last night and saw Adrienne with the exact same thought.

It does not appear that she is in NAMUS and since her body was never found, I think it is worth a call-in...her face does appear longer than Jane's, but over the years, her face could have filled out/filled in,making it look a little different...

Coincidentally, I was looking at CA MP cases last night and saw Adrienne with the exact same thought.

It does not appear that she is in NAMUS and since her body was never found, I think it is worth a call-in...her face does appear longer than Jane's, but over the years, her face could have filled out/filled in,making it look a little different...

I certainly don't think it wold shirt at this point, I dont like the circumstances though but. Worth a shot!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I have not heard a word one way or the other from Michael Nance. I will try again to see if I can get any information.

All - I just sent another e-mail to Michael Nance...difficult for me to make phone calls from work and Nance's is the only e-mail contact listed...I am guessing that, since both girls have dentals and DNA available that they have been compared and there is no match...but you never know...I will keep you posted if I hear anything or if I am able to contact anyone else re: this...

All -

I received a nice reply from Michael Nance at UNTHSC (below in quotes).

"Thank you for your diligence in searching cases! Terrie Hefner (NamUs 8519) and NamUs unidentified case (NamUs UP 2813) case # 475-91 both have DNA profiles searched in national CODIS. The University of North Texas completed both profiles. Each have mitochondrial and nuclear DNA.

No associations have been made to either case. Terrie Hefner is not only not a match to NamUs UP 2813 but is not a match to any current UP submission in CODIS."

all -

i received a nice reply from michael nance at unthsc (below in quotes).

"thank you for your diligence in searching cases! Terrie hefner (namus 8519) and namus unidentified case (namus up 2813) case # 475-91 both have dna profiles searched in national codis. The university of north texas completed both profiles. Each have mitochondrial and nuclear dna.

No associations have been made to either case. Terrie hefner is not only not a match to namus up 2813 but is not a match to any current up submission in codis."

well darn! But we pretty much knew anyhow :(

I don't normally post I usually just read the posts however I thought I would share this info with all of you. I too lived a lifestyle very similar to this except for the prostitution I did strip and travel a lot to places I had never been . I never informed anyone if I was leaving and going to a new town or city. In fact at one point I was arrested and was informed that I had been reported missing. I also went on a trip back home with a bf at the time to see my family. I never went by my real name even when I wasn't at the club everyone knew me as my stage name and that is the way I wanted it. I kind of knew my family would be looking so that is why I did this I figured it would make me harder to find. Living this lifestyle exposed me to A LOT of SCARY situations and at times I really felt like I had nowhere to go so I would end up with an awful man. Sounds like this Lady had lost a previous bf to a breakup or something and she ended up with the man who murdered her. Maybe im just rambling I dunno if anyone has any questions let me know.

i don't normally post i usually just read the posts however i thought i would share this info with all of you. I too lived a lifestyle very similar to this except for the prostitution i did strip and travel a lot to places i had never been . I never informed anyone if i was leaving and going to a new town or city. In fact at one point i was arrested and was informed that i had been reported missing. I also went on a trip back home with a bf at the time to see my family. I never went by my real name even when i wasn't at the club everyone knew me as my stage name and that is the way i wanted it. I kind of knew my family would be looking so that is why i did this i figured it would make me harder to find. Living this lifestyle exposed me to a lot of scary situations and at times i really felt like i had nowhere to go so i would end up with an awful man. Sounds like this lady had lost a previous bf to a breakup or something and she ended up with the man who murdered her. Maybe im just rambling i dunno if anyone has any questions let me know.

you arent rambling :)

I noticed Elizabeth Sykora who was recently added to NamUs. According to NamUs, she is 5'10" with blonde hair and blue eyes. She went missing from Creedmoor, NC in 1983.
81UFAR1.jpg
81UFAR3.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22206/37

I am no expert but the noses look very very similar......I wonder if Karl could overlay the two or whatever it's called lol.

Their noses do look very similar. But JMHO - I think the Jane Doe has a different shaped mouth, and a much stronger chin, and even considering a possible difference in make-up, I am not seeing any similarity in their overall "look".

Also, Elizabeth's photo is turned slightly to her right (i.e., viewer's left), so an overlay with a straight-on portrait of the Jane Doe is not very conclusive.

They have her mugshot -- she may have been wanted for robberies along the East Coast (wouldn't the FBI have "wanted" info?); could it really be no one was looking for her -- how well was her image publicized and where? Namus gives her a five star "rating" -- with nine names having been submitted as possible matches. She was a striking young woman -- it's just yard to believe no one out there would recognize her.

I was a credit card fraud investigator prior to being a SAHM. As I understand it, this Jane has a previous record for writing bad checks. I'm thinking possibly when she said she was "wanted for bank robbery on the East Coast" is there a chance she didn't mean robbery in the literal sense but meant it figuratively? As in she wrote bad checks on the east coast and "robbed (for a better term stole from) a bank". I have no doubt this Jane is an excellent identity thief and typically opening fraudulent bank accounts is part of the identity theft protocol.

I was a credit card fraud investigator prior to being a SAHM. As I understand it, this Jane has a previous record for writing bad checks. I'm thinking possibly when she said she was "wanted for bank robbery on the East Coast" is there a chance she didn't mean robbery in the literal sense but meant it figuratively? As in she wrote bad checks on the east coast and "robbed (for a better term stole from) a bank". I have no doubt this Jane is an excellent identity thief and typically opening fraudulent bank accounts is part of the identity theft protocol.

Im sure you are correct, thats exactly what I thought as well, otherwise I think she would have a little more interest to LE than she does now!

I noticed Elizabeth Sykora who was recently added to NamUs. According to NamUs, she is 5'10" with blonde hair and blue eyes. She went missing from Creedmoor, NC in 1983.
81UFAR1.jpg
81UFAR3.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22206/37

I like this match. She was 5'10 and was already using an alias before she disappeared. The lips are very similar IMO. The chin may look different because her face seems more full.(weight gain) Anyone else see this as a strong possible?

The Namus ruleouts for this Jane Doe as of December 12, 2013:

Janet Brice 1961 Louisiana
Sherry Bynum 1957 Colorado
Tracy Byrd 1968 Pennsylvania
Melinda Creech 1900 Indiana
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
REBECCA DUNN 1958 Nevada
DEBORAH GREEN 1961 Florida
Shelley Hoke 1969 Arizona
Wendy Huggy 1965 Florida
Rochelle Ihm 1966 Arizona
Rochelle Ihm 1966 Arizona
Tricia Kellett 1973 Illinois
Kim Leggett 1962 Texas
Laurie Lucas 1966 Colorado
Staci Madison 1970 Arkansas
Stacie Madison 1970 Texas
Michelle Mulcahy 1961 Florida
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Tracy Ramsey 1964 Missouri
Lisa Sexton 1966 Ohio
Amanda Slaughter 1976 Texas
Susan Smalley 1969 Texas
Pamela Tinsley 1966 Oklahoma
Darlene Webb 1962 Florida
Sherri White 1964 Alaska
Lisa Wilson 1960 Texas

We also know that Terrie Hefner has been excluded. I think several other ruleouts are listed in this thread as well.

I like this match. She was 5'10 and was already using an alias before she disappeared. The lips are very similar IMO. The chin may look different because her face seems more full.(weight gain) Anyone else see this as a strong possible?

yes I thought she was submitted but isnt she a bit older ? I think she does bear a resemblence!

also look at her photos above, our gal sure looks brown eyed in them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff