Armchair Psych Profile and JH's Background

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:truce::truce:
If you notice my posts I use terms such as "may", "typically," etc. Not every person fits each criteria perfectly. When discussing schizophrenia and other psychopathologies I never say something is exact. Psychology is not an exact science.

Don't worry, I've understood and I totally respect your opinion, there is no exact answer, formula. Anyway, this thread is all based in IF, speculations. Let's not forget that we don't really have much info about JH mental history so we are just exchanging ideas. I hope you don't think my post was agressive or something, lol, far from that, I didn't really post that much in this thread but I saw your comment as an opportunity to share some personal observations. :truce:

:notgood:
Ha, You missed me last week !!!!! That what I was referring to --ME -- only found you guys during Luka! No idea that was a no no! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and let me tell ya I was rolling!

At this point, I am willing to forfeit my turn to be right or not right. :peace:

:floorlaugh:

In my graduate program, the first-year orals were held near the end of the Spring term because many of the faculty members spent summers doing research abroad. They tended to clear out pretty fast after their last Spring classes (often leaving the final exams and grading to TAs).

Thanks Nova for sharing. :seeya:

If he wasn't diagnosed with Antisocial PD, he will be now. As far as schizophrenia, I'm leaning to no. Individuals with schizophrenia tend to lose the ability to organize their behavior. They also have difficulty performing the tasks of everyday living. Holmes was very organized and self controlled.
RE: schizophrenia
Me either , but you know when I crossed -- 15 seconds into his court arrival , it just was so pathetic and affectivly OFF! He was just vacant, gone and clueless...sad. And I am starting to think that this gonna be just like Luka , nothing from family like ever. Anyone ever seen mom? SIster? I saw grandmother and dad but not the others.....

Me either , but you know when I crossed -- 15 seconds into his court arrival , it just was so pathetic and affectivly OFF! He was just vacant, gone and clueless...sad. And I am starting to think that this gonna be just like Luka , nothing from family like ever. Anyone ever seen mom? SIster? I saw grandmother and dad but not the others.....

Yes, I wish I had the link, but I read that before the crime he asked them about apartment vacancies. All the while his eyes were fluttering.
I heard the part about him asking about another unit.

<SnipSnip> In my opinion, I kind of think, schizoid-affective might be the closest based on what is known now.

CARIIS, welcome back!
great post, very interesting point of view. This diagnosis would explain a lot of things.
Do you think JH has schizoid sexuality (schizoid hunger = sexual promiscuity)
If he really met prostitutes, casual sex in AdultFF website, no strings attached, it would totally make sense, I guess? Then again some schizoid are almost assexuals and would never pay for sex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder#Schizoid_sexuality
http://www.schizoids.info/libido.html
https://www.google.com.br/#hl=pt-BR...cp.r_qf.&fp=9c4c5b788e38b2ca&biw=1280&bih=684

To me, it seems possible there's only one friend site so far. Selective posting puts him in control of our perceptions of him. What he put out there could be a red herring as in red hairing. It could've been to intentionally play with people's minds. He knew he was going to prison and he knew his acts would bring him fame. I'm just saying, maybe, maybe he's devious like that.

To me, it seems possible there's only one friend site so far. Selective posting puts him in control of our perceptions of him. What he put out there could be a red herring as in red hairing. It could've been to intentionally play with people's minds. He knew he was going to prison and he knew his acts would bring him fame. I'm just saying, maybe, maybe he's devious like that.

Perhaps that`s why there is no other social media online presence of James E. Holmes. He deleted or deactivated his `normal` self (??)

I don`t see the similarities. You posted a good theory about the suspect in this case but when you start comparing him to Eric Newman (aka LRM), you lose me.

The mental illness defence seems to be par for the course here in Canada. Someone commits an atrocious crime, let`s waste years of psych evaluations on the murderer before they go to court (if ever) and then release them to possibly reoffend. Or lock them up in prison for a few years and let them out on probation.

Again, LRM was a nobody. He was a low class *advertiser censored* actor, wannabe model from a dysfunctional family. No comparison, imo.

To me, it seems possible there's only one friend site so far.

Can anyone fill me in on what this is referring to? Is it about AFF, or what?
:confused:

On the adult "hook-up" site he was on he had listed, "will you date me in prison" (or something to that effect). That statement doesn't correlate with the below bolded statement IMO.

The individual may not rationally realize their actions, until after beginning treatment, and may then be shocked to realize what they did.

IMO, he coldly calculated this over a extensive period of time. What he did was something that most people couldn't even come close to accomplishing. I think this is exactly what he wanted. I have a really hard time believing that he was suffering from psychosis the whole time he was plotting his own movie. He wanted to be famous. He wanted to be noticed.

Did his grades suffer because of mental illness or was it because he didn't want to wait for the nobel prize to get his day of fame?

Do I think something was wrong with him? Yes, I do. Do I think he is insane as far as a court of law is concerned. H... No! JMO

I would be curious to see what a MRI shows and also to see if anything unfolds as far as him experimenting on himself.

CARIIS, welcome back!
great post, very interesting point of view. This diagnosis would explain a lot of things.
Do you think JH has schizoid sexuality (schizoid hunger = sexual promiscuity)
If he really met prostitutes, casual sex in AdultFF website, no strings attached, it would totally make sense, I guess? Then again some schizoid are almost assexuals and would never pay for sex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder#Schizoid_sexuality
http://www.schizoids.info/libido.html
https://www.google.com.br/#hl=pt-BR...cp.r_qf.&fp=9c4c5b788e38b2ca&biw=1280&bih=684
Thank you ! Nice to be chatting again. IMO, he has never had a sexual experience.Just too sick, withdrawn, and focused on getting through each day. Plus most psyc meds impact that arena! JMO!

From a couple of residents of the apartment complex where JH lived:

"We did not know him well because he talked to nobody. He was always locked up behind his door," he told the AFP news agency.

Lab colleague Billy Kromka said he had been one of the quieter people, and had spent much of his time immersed in his computer, often participating in role-playing online games.

By the spring of this year, Mr Holmes had begun to struggle with his studies and got weak scores on the comprehensive exams last semester.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18937513

Pulled this quote from the Denver Post:

"Neighbors in a fourth-floor apartment one building had a bird's eye view of the suspect's apartment. They said the curtains are usually closed and they never see any movement inside the apartment.

Even at night, there are no lights or anything in that apartment, said Yesenia Lujan, 24, who has lived in her apartment for seven months
."

How would live there and more so, how could he have studyed at night without lights on? Later on, when he was rigging up the booby traps - wouldn't he need light to do that? If not, how did he avoid his own booby traps?

This case boggles my mind even more, as more info is uncovered. JMO

I have to question no lights on at night, unless there were light blocking curtains, or the newspaper in the windows we heard about earlier.

I really have to question college students as neighbors being certain of anything.

Living in a college town and being a renter, no one pays attention to their neighbors. Half the time the students are not at home. They are at school, work, or partying until the wee hours. Anything stated as fact, could really be based on blurry intoxicated 4 a.m. observation, hung over observation, wrong window observation, or just no observation at all.

If this is not college students talking, us older renters look out for each other, but ignore the students. They come and go too quickly. We are usually asleep long before they get home from work or bar closing, so we don't notice unless someone is having an after the bar closes loud party.

Couple of the "rules of living in student rental areas" are "stay out of it, it is none of your business" unless of course you can hear or see someone being murdered. And, "don't look in there" because they will think you are stalking them or are crazy.

Well, I don't know if I'd stereotype all residents in a student complex. Especially nowadays. I gave it a little extra cred because the article referred to 'they' as if the reporter had spoken to multiple people from that apartment.

I used to live in a student complex in a college town and I know the guys across the way, one floor up, probably had a bird's eye view of my apartment. I know they didn't have curtains in theirs. And, I saw them there, regularly. Didn't sit and watch but I could've told a reporter I'd seen a couple guys there that had lights on at night. Glad I moved out of there. Danny Rolling ended up killing his final two victims, Tracey Paules and Daniel Toboada, in that apartment complex! I would've freaked had I still been living there.

Wasn't stereotyping, just stating the facts. My apologies if any are offended. The students are never around, too busy. Just the facts. Usually falls into one of the 3 aforementioned categories. School, work, or partying. Guess that could be considered stereotyping if looking at it that way.

Didn't offend me, but I stand by my stereotyping comment. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber