Armchair Psych Profile and JH's Background

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to me ~n/t~
(**Not that I'm saying it is what JH suffers from or if he suffers from anything, other than absolute evilness**).

Dr Archer, in the video in my post #46 above, says psychosis does not come on with an on-off switch. He stated it's waxes and wanes as your proceed over time. Then as you descend into madness, you have delusions and hallucinations.

I don't know what JH may or may not have, if anything; but this explanation sounds plausible to me.

Dr. Archer is not the only one who has stated that in his opinion of psychosis. Dr. Drew has had a number of guests on his show giving the same opinion.

Based on what we know, he seems to fit that disease (or he could be faking) All have said there has to be a lot more pysch evaluations to be done on him before anyone knows for sure.

Bingo. This is the only thing that has made sense so far to me--- he was mentally all there. Evil but not crazy. Let's just hope he doesn't get a CA jury that will let him walk.

I'll have to read up on Stephen McDaniel. Did he get away with it and deemed him insane to stand trial?

Dr. Archer is not the only one who has stated that in his opinion of psychosis. Dr. Drew has had a number of guests on his show giving the same opinion.

Based on what we know, he seems to fit that disease (or he could be faking) All have said there has to be a lot more pysch evaluations to be done on him before anyone knows for sure.

Dr Archer has appeared on Dr Drew's show a couple nights for sure, regarding this case, as I saw him.

Some of the 'experts' that I've heard have said even if one is suffering from MI, they can still be found competent to stand trial. I'd imagine with all the evil planning that went into his murderous rampage, JH might want to start trying to plan to stand trial.

I'll have to read up on Stephen McDaniel. Did he get away with it and deemed him insane to stand trial?

it hasn't gone to trial yet. he plead not guilty and it looks like
they are trying to poke holes in police work & insinuate he was framed.

the case is on websleuths under:
Found Deceased GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 27 June 2011

Hibristophilia (attraction to dangerous individuals) is not considered a mental illness. It is probably more common than people realize, but usually it is only obvious when folks start sending fan mail to infamous killers.

Maybe quite a few of the folks are a little different, but then again who isn't?

So different that is is boarderline wako.

Dr Archer has appeared on Dr Drew's show a couple nights for sure, regarding this case, as I saw him.

Some of the 'experts' that I've heard have said even if one is suffering from MI, they can still be found competent to stand trial. I'd imagine with all the evil planning that went into his murderous rampage, JH might want to start trying to plan to stand trial.

And the level of manipulation and lies we can expect from him would be monumental.
I have a feeling there will not be a trial, just LWOP – the verdict will come in a couple of years.

Thanks for the read on mcdaniels. That's some creepy stuff.

I don't know about mi that much.I do believe people use it for everything now....especially when describing a white suspect that kills people.

It's my belief....he killed for fame. Attention....(as of this moment) I think he thought he is smarter than everybody else. He's probably been told that his whole life. IMO, he was surprised when he wasn't catching on in his studies like he thought he should....or maybe he just hated his teachers. I think he picked the movie for the most impact. No security, lots and lots of people, no easy way for them to escape, loud, dark, and not many people paying attention to him beforehand. AND, most people usually cut their phones off during a movie.

I'm starting to think all these killers are trying to out do each other with the biggest body counts, the most destruction, and the scariest place besides a school to mass murder people.

If somebody would have ask you a few weeks ago where they needed security at.....I bet most people wouldn't have said a movie theater.

From the article:
Quote:
"His grades were mediocre. I've heard him described as brilliant. This is extremely inaccurate."Holmes attended the Salk program between high school and college and performed poorly, Jacobson said. "He shouldn't have gotten into the summer program."

Jacobson also said Holmes was enormously stubborn and refused to follow instructions.
He said he set Holmes to work writing computer code for an experiment Jacobson had done involving a game of rock-paper-scissors, in which the computer always beats the human, no matter who goes first.
He said that although he urged Holmes to use one method of programming, Holmes insisted on using another that Jacobsen described as vastly more time consuming and complicated.
"He just refused," said Jacobson. "Finally, I said, 'Do it any way you can.' "
The work never got done. "He never completed the project. What he gave me was a complete mess," Jacobson said.
So one might add "stubborn" to the list of traits in the wispy profile of Holmes - except students who knew him say they don't particularly recall pronounced stubbornness at all.
"I think he just liked to share his opinions on stuff he really believes in, what's right," said a 26-year-old UC Riverside graduate who was in his lab group in 2008. "There were times he can come off arrogant. He definitely could."

Considering JH was in a program that only allows a handful of people to enter each year I have to say that the above is the opinion of someone who really disliked JH and wants to discount any positive aspects of JH before he committed this horrific crime. Jacobsen sounds as if he is trying to distance himself from ever have been associated with JH. I would venture to say his allegations are rooted in resentment. It sounds as if he and Holmes did not get along and did not like the fact that JH has been described as brilliant. I have encountered attitudes from others like this myself in college and in the military. I am not necessarily defending JH but it annoys me that someone could just come out for his 15 minutes to slander a person just because they don't like them regardless of why they are now in the spotlight.

BBM I do think it is your opinion and that is fine. Your opinion is as valid as anybod y elses.

But I also can see that JH could have been stubborn, and want to do things only his way... you would not have known that because your encounter with him would have been very different then Jacobson who had to deal with him.

Brilliant has nothing to do with behavior. The work never got done, is common in MI - so is procrastination, or insisting to do things thief way.

Hi liz MI would most likely only be considered a mitigating factor at sentencing. There really is no defense that is "not guilty by reason of mental illness" these days. Insanity is something else,and very difficult to prove.
In my opinion he's probably mentally ill,but competent to stand trial; sane in legal terms. In other words he may be mentally ill but not insane.

However remember that one of the aggravating factors will probably be the extremely violent and horrific nature of the crime. Jmho

I find it interesting that the NY post is the only one printing these claims...and then of course all the others pick up on it.
The NY Post is notorious for floating wild, unsubstantiated, anonymous tip, claims. While they do get it right every now and them, I would say they're barely above National Enquirer tabloid-type zines.

I appreciate what you all have to say. I do not trust some of the news sources and experts yet.

We all believe mental illness is possible in some people. Many of us have been exposed to MI, and feel we can spot it. Do we already have enough info on JH to determine his condition? No.

Doctors usually don't diagnose any physical or mental condition without it meeting criteria.

Personally, I want to learn more about delusions and psychosis in general. How delusions can become a fixed belief in the mind interests me. I'm hearing of too many people that "just snapped" in our society. It almost seems the handy-dandy excuse - they just snapped. Oh, but then we find out she shot her brother in childhood, or something that might tell us it wasn't all that sudden.

Killing people is such a willful act, especially when you have to buy tons of equipment months ahead of time. Right now, no passes from me that he was too MI to stop himself.

Plus, there's con jobs even within MI. Did JH not stop himself from killing because he knew he could fake a MI? I don't know.
Here is our criteria for this cluster :
Now it just about what flavor from that cluster................
Basics these are the core diagnotic criteria :

Poor social interactions
Appearing to be in a coma-like daze, -
Lack of emotion in facial expression and speech
Dangerous behavior
Unusual behavior and dress
Delusions — having false, fixed beliefs
Thoughts of suicide or homicide
Loss of interest in usual activities
Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family
chooses solitary activities
lacks close friends or confidants
shows emotional coldness, detachment

To me the term "snapped" doesn't necessarily mean sudden impulse. It could mean he cracked/snapped months ago or even years ago and his symptoms deteriorated without proper treatment (IF he is mentally ill - schizophrenia as an example).

It appears everything was "normal" up until 4 months ago when he started to purchase all this bomb making stuff, the apparel, etc. Fast forward 2 -3 months, he fails his oral. A month later, he goes on a rampage.

Something happened during that 4 or 5 month period prior to his breakdown or whatever term we want to use.

:moo:
What happened - its slow:

started to have trouble in class after being star (loss)
relentless need to get ready for Batman opening
Failed orals
Withdrew (loss - fear -why the gun bought that day) rage
Knew could no longer live in apt cause of withdrawal from grad school
Has no job
Lost his $ from being in the program

SO - he is becoming increasingly psycotic, he is bright, he has lived with this his whole life, he knows he his sinking, and afraid he is gonna do what his voices are telling him (reason for notebook mailing HELP me I am falling) he is no longer taking his meds, completly obseesed (delusionial with procuring guns so he can really be the Joker on opening night) he is broke, homeless , a failure to mom and dad, has no support system at all, probably using drugs to self medicate (Vicodin/ sedative in car) possibly IMO only , crack /meth
Poof here we are ...................Not really sure if any of us , not suffering with mental illiness might not crack with loss of identy, housing, money........
Kid got lost in the shuffle ...............................

Here is our criteria for this cluster :
Now it just about what flavor from that cluster................
Basics these are the core diagnotic criteria :

Poor social interactions
Appearing to be in a coma-like daze, -
Lack of emotion in facial expression and speech
Dangerous behavior
Unusual behavior and dress
Delusions — having false, fixed beliefs
Thoughts of suicide or homicide
Loss of interest in usual activities
Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family
chooses solitary activities
lacks close friends or confidants
shows emotional coldness, detachment

what you describe is schizoid leaning toward schizotypal
personality disorder. people who identify as schizoid
prefer to call it a personality type.
it's not an axis 1 & is not a rapid-onset thing,
it's part of their personality.
whatever made him 'snap', i think the only contribution
his personality disorder made, was that no-one was
around to recognize he was about to snap due to his lifestyle.

this is exactly the plot law student killer Stephen Mcdaniel wrote
online about how to get away with a massacre.

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/26/1678356/mcdaniel-posts-describe-torture.html

In another post from 2010, “SoL” wrote of how he’d kill religious demonstrators planning to attend the funeral of a fellow message-boarder’s brother, a fallen U.S. soldier...

Yeah "Sol" supposedly wrote about rape and bbqing the victim too, but then it turned out the defendant DIDN'T write it after the post was presented in open court as evidence. The prosecution likely can't confirm ANY of the SoL posts, the webhost has never been contacted and all of those alleged posts will almost certainly be unproven and inadmissable. This thread isn't about McDaniel but I follow it closely and making partial/misleading statements is something I can't ignore.

If some of the posts read in open court by the Prosecution were "unverified" it is a sure bet that ALL were unverified. The prosecution officially withdrew that "evidence" when it was shown to be unsubstantiated and likely fake.

District Attorney Greg Winters read the post during McDaniel’s April 3 hearing “with a good faith belief” that it was authored by McDaniel, according to a state motion filed Tuesday.

Malcor said during Tuesday’s hearing that the district attorney’s office received “preliminary information” April 16 that caused prosecutors to “question the authorship of the post.” http://www.macon.com/2012/06/19/2066150/bibb-county-prosecutors-seek-to.html

Considering JH was in a program that only allows a handful of people to enter each year I have to say that the above is the opinion of someone who really disliked JH and wants to discount any positive aspects of JH before he committed this horrific crime. Jacobsen sounds as if he is trying to distance himself from ever have been associated with JH. I would venture to say his allegations are rooted in resentment. It sounds as if he and Holmes did not get along and did not like the fact that JH has been described as brilliant. I have encountered attitudes from others like this myself in college and in the military. I am not necessarily defending JH but it annoys me that someone could just come out for his 15 minutes to slander a person just because they don't like them regardless of why they are now in the spotlight.
Yep, I agree. The guy sounds like sour grapes, to me.

There was also a video interview of this SD pawn shop owner, but I can't find it now. The owner discussed guns with JH, but there wasn't a transaction. It may point to a longer planning stage, if it's to be believed.
BBM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4826680...ego_ca/t/pawn-shop-owner-recalls-holmes-eyes/

David Casper, owner of Hillcrest Pawnbrokers on 6th Avenue, said Holmes – who’s originally from San Diego -- came into his store to discuss firearms within the last few months.

"Casper said he remembers Holmes specifically because he visited his Hillcrest pawn shop several times in the last year."

Yeah "Sol" supposedly wrote about rape and bbqing the victim too, but then it turned out the defendant DIDN'T write it after the post was presented in open court as evidence. The prosecution likely can't confirm ANY of the SoL posts, the webhost has never been contacted and all of those alleged posts will almost certainly be unproven and inadmissable. This thread isn't about McDaniel but I follow it closely and making partial/misleading statements is something I can't ignore.

If some of the posts read in open court by the Prosecution were "unverified" it is a sure bet that ALL were unverified. The prosecution officially withdrew that "evidence" when it was shown to be unsubstantiated and likely fake.

thank you, i was aware that some statements made by SoL
were proven not to be him, but trolls after his arrest.
i understand though that some posts were him,
evidenced by a witness who met him IRL via username SoL.

whoever DID write that scenario about faking mental illness
after a mass murder had the same idea as JH.

Could someone like JH be able to fool psychiatrists? I doubt it, imo

He can fake all he wants.

Many are actually so good at conniving and manipulating, you start to think maybe they are innocent.
So can he fool a trained psychiatrist? YES.

My daughter has done do for years and now they know better. Hmmm. So she changes doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214