Armchair psych profile and personal background

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyday I have a WTF moment. Sometimes even more.

This certainly is my WTF moment for today.

I don't have time to translate the entire article but in short, Pinel Institute will get 1.1 million dollars from the Quebec government for 3D type equipment to study psychopaths in hopes of rehabilitating them. The equipment will be used in a lab where these creeps will get to "play" their role in whatever horrific crime they committed.

Montreal will be the first in the world using this type of equipment using virtual reality.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/07/02/le-3d-pour-soigner-des-criminels

Should I be proud? Why am I not feeling so patriotic all of a sudden? WTF?

Forget about monies spent with an eye for rehabilitation,instead the study could be useful in identifying those who are likely to be psychopaths and use that info. for the purpose of employment screening. Certain jobs like in the medical or social field ect. obviously one does not want a pyscho ,but in certain other positions, it just might well be a desirable trait....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/07/us-brains-psychopaths-idUSBRE8460ZQ20120507

By Kate Kelland

LONDON | Mon May 7, 2012 4:35pm EDT

(Reuters) - Scientists who scanned the brains of men convicted of murder, rape and violent assaults have found the strongest evidence yet that psychopaths have structural abnormalities in their brains.

The researchers, based at King's College London's Institute of Psychiatry, said the differences in psychopaths' brains mark them out even from other violent criminals with anti-social personality disorders (ASPD), and from healthy non-offenders.

Nigel Blackwood, who led the study, said the ability to use brain scans to identify and diagnose this sub-group of violent criminals has important implications for treatment".

Everyday I have a WTF moment. Sometimes even more.

This certainly is my WTF moment for today.

I don't have time to translate the entire article but in short, Pinel Institute will get 1.1 million dollars from the Quebec government for 3D type equipment to study psychopaths in hopes of rehabilitating them. The equipment will be used in a lab where these creeps will get to "play" their role in whatever horrific crime they committed.

Montreal will be the first in the world using this type of equipment using virtual reality.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/07/02/le-3d-pour-soigner-des-criminels

Should I be proud? Why am I not feeling so patriotic all of a sudden? WTF?

I rarely oppose money allotted for research purposes, and I think studying and understanding psychopaths is a worthy goal. Still, psychopaths only make up roughly 1% of the population, and an even smaller percentage of that 1% actually go on to commit crimes (or violent crimes).

Thus, I wonder if that $1.1 million could better be spent on, as dotr has suggested, identifying psychopaths, so we can mitigate the impact that they have on society (ie beyond violent crimes, problems like workplace bullying, cheating, and law breaking, etc)

Or, in the further alternative, as education funding or university scholarships for underprivileged youth, to give some deserving young people a "chance" that they would not otherwise have. Heck, maybe even one or two psychopaths even get one of these scholarships legitimately! (without breaking rules, or cheating, etc. :p)

HA! Now that is what I call O U T S O U R C I N G !!

Uhhmmm.....this wasn't meant to be funny. Toronto DOES send garbage to Michigan landfills. Something like 20 trucks per day.

Also, he couldn't have done this one because the Toronto Star says this man went missing while he (I refuse to name the little puke) was in prison. But still, it did make me stop and think.

:what:

Does Montreal send garbage to Michigan? This struck me as crazy this morning:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/winds...-canadian-body-landfill-michigan.html?cmp=rss

At this point, I'm willing to blame everything that happens in Canada on him! Everything evil, I mean................:what:

It's weird No_Stone, when I saw that story this morning I had the same thought as you posted.

I'm confident the remains found in Angrignon Park via tip are those of the victim given that Montreal's must recently reported murder rate was 49 for 2010 and that no one has reported another crime of decapitation.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Uhhmmm.....this wasn't meant to be funny. Toronto DOES send garbage to Michigan landfills. Something like 20 trucks per day.

Also, he couldn't have done this one because the Toronto Star says this man went missing while he (I refuse to name the little puke) was in prison. But still, it did make me stop and think.

:what:

The Flint Journal reports police have confirmed the body found Friday by a worker at the Brent Run landfill in Montrose Township was that of Kevin Joseph Arendt of Mississauga, Ont.
Authorities suspect his body arrived in a shipment of Canadian garbage.
Police say Arendt was last seen leaving a bar June 27. Cause of death wasn't known.
Authorities say no foul play is suspected, but the investigation is ongoing.
The landfill is about 110 kilometres northwest of Detroit.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...anadian-man-missing-since-june-161203015.html

I rarely oppose money allotted for research purposes, and I think studying and understanding psychopaths is a worthy goal. Still, psychopaths only make up roughly 1% of the population, and an even smaller percentage of that 1% actually go on to commit crimes (or violent crimes).

Thus, I wonder if that $1.1 million could better be spent on, as dotr has suggested, identifying psychopaths, so we can mitigate the impact that they have on society (ie beyond violent crimes, problems like workplace bullying, cheating, and law breaking, etc)

Or, in the further alternative, as education funding or university scholarships for underprivileged youth, to give some deserving young people a "chance" that they would not otherwise have. Heck, maybe even one or two psychopaths even get one of these scholarships legitimately! (without breaking rules, or cheating, etc. :p)

I recently read a research article that looked at psychopathic behavior amongst CEO's. It found a huge increase in prevalence among this population. The general population is about 1 to 1.3% comprised of psychopaths, whereas 6% of CEO's were identified has having significant psychopathic traits. When considering the influence and power these individuals have at their fingertips, and the amount of hurt/pain in the workplace they can cause others without any regard... it certainly would be great to improve expeditious recognition of them. So I agree. Having said that I still think funding for remedial treatment should be done. This is a scurge that we have to remain hopeful on in terms of eventually finding another cure other then incarceration.

It's weird No_Stone, when I saw that story this morning I had the same thought as you posted.

I'm confident the remains found in Angrignon Park via tip are those of the victim given that Montreal's must recently reported murder rate was 49 for 2010 and that no one has reported another crime of decapitation.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Yes, I'm also confident that the remains will belong to Lin Jun. As my husband said last night - how many human heads can there be in Canada's parks? Especially since this freakin' lunatic has been doing his handiwork.

:jail:

I was reading some psychology studies last night/this morning and I found something interesting.

I MANY cases of overkill where there is personal/intense attack, the motive is often a grudge. Now, what could cause a grudge against Lin Jun + Canada?

- he was upset that he couldn't attend the prestigious Universities that Lin Jun attended?

- he is holding a grudge against Canada for offering/allowing our Universities to be attended by non-Canadian citizens?

- he resents our government for something (who's to know what)?

- he didn't "make it big" in Canada and Lin Jun had a promising future?

I really have no idea.....I just wanted to put this thought out there.

Maybe he's just plain nuts? :nuts:

I was reading some psychology studies last night/this morning and I found something interesting.

I MANY cases of overkill where there is personal/intense attack, the motive is often a grudge. Now, what could cause a grudge against Lin Jun + Canada?

- he was upset that he couldn't attend the prestigious Universities that Lin Jun attended?

- he is holding a grudge against Canada for offering/allowing our Universities to be attended by non-Canadian citizens?

- he resents our government for something (who's to know what)?

- he didn't "make it big" in Canada and Lin Jun had a promising future?

I really have no idea.....I just wanted to put this thought out there.

Maybe he's just plain nuts? :nuts:

Since he sent packages to the Canadian Government and to a school, I'd guess the grudge is associated with them in some way.

And at one of the schools in Vancouver, there's a teacher who is friends with Justin Trudeau.....son of our former Prime Ministre (Pierre Trudeau).

This cannot be all out of the blue nor can it be a coincidence. Can it? :what:

And at one of the schools in Vancouver, there's a teacher who is friends with Justin Trudeau.....son of our former Prime Ministre (Pierre Trudeau).

And...that teacher was arrested (and pled guilty) for being involved in an internet child *advertiser censored* ring.

Have you ever seen this article????

http://www.abeldanger.net/2012/06/mcconnell-links-magnotta-mail-order.html

I saw it a few days back, but didn't payed much attention to it... but after your comment, i had to search for that article again.
What do you guys think of this?

Have you ever seen this article????

http://www.abeldanger.net/2012/06/mcconnell-links-magnotta-mail-order.html

I saw it a few days back, but didn't payed much attention to it... but after your comment, i had to search for that article again.
What do you guys think of this?

Maybe it's only me......but I cannot see the link unless I quote the thread!

Anyone else?

--------------------

ETA: From link (HOLY #$%^!)

Presidential Field McConnell has linked a severed head – apparently placed via mail order for Luka Magnotta to send through Canada Post – to Lena Trudeau’s Collaborators and their global crypto-pedophile ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme