ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he denied it vehemently on Dateline NBC. Let me see if I can find an early transcript or clip.

I haven't seen the documentary ... but getting drinks from the car ... I thought that was a given. They were at a beach bar and the staff tolerated him filling their cups (blue cups if I recall correctly) from the car. No one fills their cups with juice from the car ... so that's not possibly true.

Thanks for looking for the link.

If it wasn't alcohol, why was he going from the beach cafe to their car and back with their empty cups? Did he actually deny during interviews that he was getting alcohol? I it that was earlier established that he was getting vodka from the car?

he said he went to his car to have a smoke and while there got more juice ...

Robyn is no 17 year old and I doubt the reaction in Aruba would have been any different if she had been 17. Robyn, a 35 year old divorced woman that was fired from her job in a dental office shortly before she took a trip to Aruba with a swinger she met online, disappeared and there is no evidence of a crime. Massive land and water searches produced nothing. The only suspect is a 50 year old man from Maryland, as he was the last person to see her alive.

Who is making it seem like she could have gone anywhere ... Baez? From what I've seen from Baez, he would argue that she went to the moon.

A man guilty of premeditated murder would retain documentation of a violent relationship before committing murder: lewd photos that led to increased suspicion by police?

I know she is not 17 yrs old. That is my point. GG made her seem less sympathetic as a victim by taking those photos and leaving them for the cops to see. It makes it seem like she has no morals or boundaries, thus could have gone anywhere and done anything to get herself in trouble.

i have to wonder if his story about having (ie no choice like he said) to purchase insurance for RG alongside his is true, WHY won't he divulge the website the insurance was purchased from so others could look to verify this... you'd think if this were true he do this. right?

I haven't seen the documentary ... but getting drinks from the car ... I thought that was a given. They were at a beach bar and the staff tolerated him filling their cups (blue cups if I recall correctly) from the car. No one fills their cups with juice from the car ... so that's not possibly true.

Thanks for looking for the link.

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/

No full transcript yet.... and the juice statement is not on this short version

he said he went to his car to have a smoke and while there got more juice ...

Actually, to have a smoke was an afterthought .... and I don't recall seeing him smoking in the tapes.

i have to wonder if his story about having (ie no choice like he said) to purchase insurance for RG alongside his is true, WHY won't he divulge the website the insurance was purchased from so others could look to verify this... you'd think if this were true he do this. right?

He didn't purchase the insurance online ... the forms, handwritten, come up at about 2:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9CIUIz9dI

He kind of looks like a victim of US media maniacs (eg: Nancy Grace) that convict someone of murder without evidence ... a victim of that moving-goal-post justice system that means different things depending on the state. I think it's weird that the US doesn't have a national justice system ... like other countries. We hear criticisms of the Aruban (the country - not state, territory or province) justice system, knowing full well that we don't have to wade through the various territories to figure out how justice is interpretted, but the US is just that ... depending on where one is in the US, justice has a different meaning. How can anyone from that kind of decentralized national system criticize a country where the justice system is, at the very least, unified?

Actually, this was Michelline's post, not mine.

Yeah, whenever I go on vacation in a beach resort, I always order juice in the bar, and if we don't finish it. we always take it with us in case we want more juice on the way home. Sure.

Haha! This is great! I am laughing so hard I can't stop. :floorlaugh:

ah -- thanks. for some reason i had it in my head it was all done online... guess i misread/misunderstood something somewhere.

Nah, he made it seem like buttons he was having to push - as if he couldn't include or exclude anyone. It's on the ABC interview.

Wasn't that just freaky the way his sons were standing behind him? Who does that?

Nah, he made it seem like buttons he was having to push - as if he couldn't include or exclude anyone. It's on the ABC interview.

Wasn't that just freaky the way his sons were standing behind him? Who does that?

BBM. I agree. It's freaky for sure, he is just using his children to further his own cause. Those poor boys, they have no idea..... It's just absolutely sickening. This man is nothing but a self serving narcissistic creep to the nth degree, IMO. He doesn't give a r*** *advertiser censored** about his boys. He's just using them for his own gain. Again, JMO.

His only criiminal history is theft from large electronics outlets. Women have made complaints against him in the past ... his wife and his girlfriend. All charges were dropped - which suggests they may have been part of domestic dispute and not ligit.

I have reviewed his criminal history and the only convictions are theft, the domestic complaints were not pursued.

So the domestic disputes were not legitimate? Because they were dropped? Why ? Because the women were afraid to NOT drop the charges? Think about it, in most domestic disputes the women end up dropping the charges because they fear for their lives or well being. So please, be reasonable here.

He kind of looks like a victim of US media maniacs (eg: Nancy Grace) that convict someone of murder without evidence ... a victim of that moving-goal-post justice system that means different things depending on the state. I think it's weird that the US doesn't have a national justice system ... like other countries. We hear criticisms of the Aruban (the country - not state, territory or province) justice system, knowing full well that we don't have to wade through the various territories to figure out how justice is interpretted, but the US is just that ... depending on where one is in the US, justice has a different meaning. How can anyone from that kind of decentralized national system criticize a country where the justice system is, at the very least, unified?

We have the U.S. constitution. We have States rights. Both equally important. Both a very integral and important part and our country. Each state has the right to determine certain laws and punishment. That is part of being America. I guess I'm not sure what your implication is.

the thing that jumped out at me most was when asked about Robyn's hair extensions i swear i heard him say she was going to get them redone if and when she got back to the US. IF and when?! slip of the tongue? maybe...but what an odd thing to say about someone who coincidentally never did make it back to the US. yeah, yeah, none of this is "evidence" blah blah blah. just very chilling, imo.

So the domestic disputes were not legitimate? Because they were dropped? Why ? Because the women were afraid to NOT drop the charges? Think about it, in most domestic disputes the women end up dropping the charges because they fear for their lives or well being. So please, be reasonable here.

Or was it always his intent to blackmail them with the pictures he was so fond of taking....and the videos. Who would want these shown in court?

Just watched the video of GG looking for help and knocking on the restaurants door. He was very calm and not very upset.

And why did he lie to the airlines at the airport? He said she was taking a 'later flight.' That was a lie.

He had Orders of Protection against him by two different women. ???

His only criiminal history is theft from large electronics outlets. Women have made complaints against him in the past ... his wife and his girlfriend. All charges were dropped - which suggests they may have been part of domestic dispute and not ligit.

I have reviewed his criminal history and the only convictions are theft, the domestic complaints were not pursued.

Theft from large electronics outlets... In my book, a thief is a liar, just by virtue of being a thief.

There's a woman in Maryland who may bring charges now that he's back. We'll likely see more step up now that Robyn is missing.

The detectives found videos of these women and they dropped the charges - from what I understand. More premeditated blackmail IMO

Just watched the video of GG looking for help and knocking on the restaurants door. He was very calm and not very upset.

And why did he lie to the airlines at the airport? He said she was taking a 'later flight.' That was a lie.

BEM: He said he was "exhausted". Something to do with his tennis shoes. In his first account he told authorities that he and Robyn were getting into treacherous waters and he grabbed her leg to signal her to go toward shore. Her leg slipped away and she was gone. Poof.

Human trafficker pimp on a great white scooped her up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member