ATLANTIC CITY SK: possible link to LISK and GB4?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regarding which motel HA and Kim stayed in while in Long Island...according to HA, it was Westbury Inn (or something). I looked and couldn't find a Westbury Inn. :dunno:

There's a Woodbury Inn, in Jericho, that I'm pretty sure has been there forever.

Regarding which motel HA and Kim stayed in while in Long Island...according to HA, it was Westbury Inn (or something). I looked and couldn't find a Westbury Inn. :dunno:

HAs info concerning where he and Kim Raffo stayed on LI, in Sep/Oct 2006 is one big mess, and since he claim it was at his friends house (motel?) one would assume that he knew for certain what the name was of the motel, but he sure did not know that, odd!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ence&p=7667398&highlight=Westbury#post7667398

From above link my post #37 :

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/c...O6yAXXJbTQT1SN

Published: April 8, 2011
"Hugh Auslander said yesterday he and his wife, Kim Raffo -- a crack addict and prostitute -- moved from Florida to a motel in Jericho, LI, in September 2006 to work for a friend"

HA posted September 21, 2011 about their visit to Long island in Sept/Oct 2006 :
"i asked her to join me help my friend to fix his house, she welcomed it ever so, just to get out. so we both went to the westbrook hotel where we both helped out"
"September 22, 2011 HA posted (he changed his mind on what hotels/Motels they lived at):
"as for long island hotel maybe it was meadow brook, it was near jericho. i really dont know the Island that well i have to look at the reciepts"
ok i found some of the reciepts, meadowbrook motor lodge, we also spent a week or two in westbury, near the mall there."

Does anyone know if the Atlantic City Murders thread is gone? (Not this thread, but the thread specifically for those murders.) I tried to click on the link that was emailed to me automatically from the site when the thread was updated, but the thread isn't found. If I'm just brain dead this morning, can someone give me a link? TIA!

Does anyone know if the Atlantic City Murders thread is gone? (Not this thread, but the thread specifically for those murders.) I tried to click on the link that was emailed to me automatically from the site when the thread was updated, but the thread isn't found. If I'm just brain dead this morning, can someone give me a link? TIA!

There's this thread regarding the AC murders and how they might be connected to LISK.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Y-SK-case-info-of-possib-interest-to-GB4-case

ETA: There is a thread for AC in the serial killer forum, but it has about 3 posts in it. I guess we're the ones who have the greatest interest in the AC murders, so most of the info has ended up here.

Thank you so much for sharing this :)

Just to mention a cupple of serious inconcistances:

In this interview HA says he left Long island for FL Oct 24, but in all other media interviews he says 13th an 14th, and in other communication he have resently stated that he followed Kim to AC Oct 14.

And in this interview he says that he gave Kim a new wedding band because she has lost her original one and that it was never recovered when she was found murdered, but in and inteview I have posted on another thread, he is showing a ring on his pinky finger and said that, that ring was ment for Kim because she lost her original wedding band but that he never got to give it to her because it was to late due to she was murdered before he had a chance to give her the ring !!!

There are more inconcistanses but tis will be all for now...

Some of the things that puzzle me about that interview are as follows.

Why did HA turn himself in to the Atlantic City police? Based on the interview, it certainly doesn't sound like he lived there. Why would he have brought his kids with him to a police station in a town where none of them lived?

When HA and KB got into a fight in FL, HA mentions something about people honking their car horns because the light was green. Does this mean they were fighting in front of many other people? If that's the case, then why didn't the police apprehend them right then and there? I certainly would have called the police if I witnessed something like that. It's not like cell-phones weren't widely used in 2003.

HA talks about a motel where he and Kim stayed in LI. This is something I recall reading about a few years ago, and it stuck out to me back then. If you're just an ordinary family man and your "PTA housewife" spouse has become a drug addict, and you're trying to get her back on the straight and narrow, why in the world would you stay in a place like that for any length of time?! Something doesn't sit well with me about that story. It's not like they were in some far-flung and remote place where that was the only hotel for hundreds of miles. I'm not saying he's guilty of anything, but I have noticed some odd things about his story and how they don't really jibe with the image he's trying to project about his role in the marriage. MOO.

Thanks, MK! It's actually a different thread I was looking for, though. It seems to have just disappeared. (Or been taken down, I suppose.) Here's the email notification I received (on auto from WS) on Friday:

ktgirl has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - NJ NJ - Atlantic City Murders, 2006, 4 Women found Dead behind a Motel - in the Serial Killers forum of Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community.

This thread is located at:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Women-found-Dead-behind-a-Motel&goto=newpost

Why would he take her to a dope dealers house in Queens and be outraged she wanted to do drugs and was spoken to disrespectful? Something is amiss here.

Yes this is VERY ODD!!! the thread "NJ - Atlantic City Murders, 2006, 4 Women found Dead behind a Motel" has vanished :(
That thread had at least 7 pages, and was started back in November 2006 when the AC4 victims was found murdered.

When searching for that thread, it it says :

vBulletin Message
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

So could a MODERATOR PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT, thanks in advance :)

The thread is still there. I'm not sure what happened with the previous link, but this one should work now.

NJ - Atlantic City Murders, 4 Women found Dead behind Motel, Egg HarborTwp, Nov 2006

THE HA / KIM RAFFO WEDDING BAND MYSTERY

So here you have it, in black and withe; HA nov 25, 2006, 5 days after his x-wife Kim Raffo was found murdered, drama emotionally stating and showing the journalIst a ring on his piky finger that he claim he had intended to give Kim as a replacement for her lost wedding band but that he never had the chance to give it to her because she was murdered.

THEN!!! in the fall 2012 he stated that he HAD GIVEN KIM THE REPLACEMENT WEDDING BAND AND THAT IT WAS NEVER RECOVERED !!!

SO...I would like to know how come HA give thise two TOTAL OPPOSITE stories about that ring???

And IF he gave it to her before she was murdered, and it never was recovered, how come he had it on his pinky finger in an interview 5 days after she was murdered ???

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-and-his-media-presence&p=7442612#post7442612

HUSBAND: RAFFO FELL INTO CYCLE OF DRUGS

By MICHAEL CLARK Staff Writer, (609) 272-7204

Published: November 25, 2006

Page in newspaper: A1

QUOTE:

Estranged husband Hugh Auslander comes to the resort in a search for answers in his wife's murder. Kim Raffo was one of four women whose bodies were found in the marsh Monday.
A gold chain hangs from Hugh Auslander's neck. His ear is pierced with a dark, spike earring. He also sports several other pieces of jewelry, but a small silver ring, able to fit only his pinky, holds special significance.

"I'll never let this go," Auslander said Friday in Atlantic City, his voice shaking. He bought the ring for his estranged wife, Kim Raffo, after she called him, mortified that she had lost her wedding band. But Auslander never had the chance to give her the replacement.

BUT!!!...

In fieldnote's interview with HA in the fall 2012 (post#713 in this thread) HA says this:

Anyway, then Terry Oleson came into the spotlight. Pam Covelli – she stayed with him for a couple of days at the Golden Key Motel - and she supposedly went through his things and found a drawer full of sex toys with a rope in there and a whole lotta cell phones and jewelry.
Now I gave Kim a wedding band cause she ended up losing the original so I gave her a new one but it was never recovered.[/I]

Do we think they have DNA in the Atlantic city cases? I haven't heard if they do or not. You'll remember they had a person in custody at one point calling him a suspect, but let him go after he gave DNA. He was the guy that supposedly had video of his step daughter although that is in serious question. My question is would they not have compared HA's also? How do we get by this when we are still trying to zero in on HA seven years later?

No connection that I know of and I don't know what "business" you are talking about but it is against WS rules to sleuth victim's family members.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/09/nyregion/09prostitute.html
Man Agrees to DNA Tests in Deaths of Prostitutes

THEY HAVE DNA AND IT DOES NOT BELONG TO HA OR BITTOFF

Please explain how you know that they have DNA ?

And IF they did have DNA, how can you state that neither HA or Bittrolff is a match ???

As far as I know there is NO info available in the media stating they have DNA in the AC4 case.

One thing that point to that they do NOT have DNA is the FACT that police refused to clear the one time suspect Terry Olesen after he gave a DNA sample, I mean IF they had DNA and it was a match he would have been prosecuted, and if the DNA did NOT match why not clear the man ???

I do NOT believe they have DNA, it has also been stated in media that the scene was messed up in a way so that forensic evidence was ruined.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/09/nyregion/09prostitute.html
Man Agrees to DNA Tests in Deaths of Prostitutes

THEY HAVE DNA AND IT DOES NOT BELONG TO HA OR BITTOFF

<modsnip>

Here is information that LE do NOT have DNA in the AC4 case !!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/no-dna-atlantic-city-prostitute-murders-black-horse-strangler-case

No DNA in Atlantic City Prostitute murders, Black Horse Strangler case

November 18, 2009

Quote:

It's been three years since four Atlantic City prostitutes were found murdered and posed in a drainage ditch in the West Atlantic City section of Egg Harbor Township. Law enforcement agencies are still committed to finding their killer. A lack of DNA on the bodies will make their task harder but not impossible.

Quote:

"The water washed away any DNA that might have been there," said one investigator familiar with the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back