AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't read that one unfortunately tootsie. Any ideas how I can find it another way?

Hi All, My name is Shaun, Thank you for taking interest in my YOUTUBE video
Here is my story

Firstly I am dirt biker (a grey haired one)but not a sleuth, however, being this close to the whole thing it is difficult not to get drawn into this.
This ride was my very first use of the gopro and I had it pointed too low so from a dirt bike point of view it is a disaster. I watched a few frames and shelved it as 'oh well, adjust it next time'.
When the suitcase incident came to light I was going around saying "Hey we must have rode right past it" not actually considering the video, and although the camera angle is too low my mates wanted me to post a few highlights so I did - that video -ShaunO Brutus JohnO - has been posted on your site.
I went to the Police station here at MurrayBridge to get some gun transfer papers (I'm so over guns just don't want them anymore). I got the paper work and mentioned that I had some gopro footage taken within the time frame of the whole suitcase thing. I hadn't even looked at it properly, I kinda mentioned it in passing and they took my details.
I was in my lunch hour and hadn't even got home when the CIB rang, hands free in the car,and said get them a copy right away! "They said do you have to go back to work?" wanted it immediately!
When I got home I grabbed a sandwich and thought I'd take a better look before I dropped it in. When that object turned up 3.5minutes into it my daughter and I totally freaked! "No way!" is exactly what I said. I zoomed in and printed a still and raced back down to the police station.......................now here's the funnything..................
I gave the CIB a flash drive of the complete video, about 40 minutes long, with a digital JPEG image of the closeup. When I told the detective of the location he totally dismissed me out of hand! "that can't be it, it wasn't found there" and showed me on google earth where it was found.
To the point where it was a bit odd?? I said "hey zoom in I think there is a handle on the object" and he flatly refused! He wouldn't even zoom in! He said "I've seen the suitcaseand that's not it" - Pretty much fobbed it off, categorically denied it could be it. So he went from "get down here now" to "get out ofthe building" in a flash!!!!......................interesting eh?
That being said, maybe he knows more thanme and it ISN'T the suitcase????
or
Why would he say to me "good work mate that's the suitcase" ???

It is worth remembering that 10 to 15cm of water though could essentially be a puddle in someones backyard.

RSBM

Look at the puddle near these searchers. The soil seams dry under their feet but water must lay in places.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 122
I'm so sorry, it opened up for me right away but I was just coming in to post that when I clicked the link from here it was behind the paywall,
I still have the article open and can read it if that's any help ? A long article.

I think clearing your cookies lets you read it again ?

Have any of you seen this news item? It was shared on the Facebook page. Sorry if it has been shared already. It looks like most of the fabrics were available locally at this ladies shop including the pumpkin one.
https://video-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=139416de411bdd84f312d3460897450d&oe=55CF10D0

The link is down at the moment, but I saw this earlier. I can't remember exactly what she said about the pumpkin print. In any case, I am sure that she is a tremendous resource to the police. It looks as though they have some excellent photos for her to examine, much better than anything we have seen.

I can understand her saying that the pumpkin fabric is cotton without actually seeing the fabric. She can probably tell just from the way it is printed.

It would be helpful to know the year that each of those prints entered production, because if we believe that the disintigration of the quilt was due to decomposition of her body, then the child was not likely murdered prior to the most recently produced fabric.

So I hope this answers some questions
·Is the video real?

The video is totally legit, I'm pretty good with video but theres no way I've pulled some kind of special effect. What have I got to gain from a few hundred views -zero! Plus, my wife still doesn't know its posted it on youtube she is worried that I might upset the local constabulary and they will chase me down on my dirt bike - silly I know but I've got no gain by posting the vid.

· Then why did you post it if it's such a sensitive issue?

Regardless ofthe object in the video being or not being the suitcase, with the time frame given by SAPOL we absolutley rode within meters of it on that day - no arguments - it's a given. I just can't help but be drawn in with that knowledge.....
......and............yes..............I thought it would be a fun video because I'm into video editing and its a good story so, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't ramp it up with the Mccann thing andpost it for fun.

· Why didnt you go back and see if the object is still there?

Well its justnot that easy, busy life, teenage kids, that day was a 5 hour ride and Karoonda fuel was open on Easter Monday but it is not usually open beyond 11.30 on a Saturday morning so repeat trips are a bit of a logistic issue
It would only take about 40 minutes to drive there but I'd spend all afternoon walking around, I am not certain of the location I am within a few kilometeres and I rekon the cops would have raced out there and removed anything that was there to solidify their story - just not as simple as it sounds

· Do you actually believe it is the suitcase?
We went past so fast that day I didn't notice anything. I say watch the video and make up your own mind, there's a good chance it is, it all adds up!................
all that said, Iam probably 40% it is 60% its not .........
The police have NOT contacted me for any further information (not sure why they would anyway what else have I got?)
I don't want it to be, as I said at the end, every trail riders nightmare, I don't want to accept I ignored something so significant and the police are saying it's not so I'm saying it's NOT the suitcase.

· SO WHAT IF IT IS THE SUITCASE?

Well that's just it! So what? If it is the suitcase I don't see how it helps much, only confirm what the police have already stated - it was moved by someone.
Lets face it,someone DID want it found and perhaps it wasn't found in the first location so moved it closer to Wynarka .
Theres nothing new here if it is indeed the suitcase, its just an interesting video

Regards
ShaunO

From the link I posted, a few things.
One of the women said the man had short grey hair, was walking briskly and was walking as though the suitcase was not heavy, ie not labouring carrying it.

Police have spoken to a dozen witnesses who saw a man matching the description during the autumn.

Here is my story

Respectfully snipped.

Hi Shaun and thank you for joining us here. I think we all found your video very interesting. What I noted was the initial ride you filmed was further south of Wynarka. Is that right?

This is a screen grab from your video. Is this where you saw the object? If so, are you thinking that if it is the suitcase you saw, that it was then moved from this spot to where it was eventually found?

Starting-point-of-bike-ride-from-video_zps0jhohgu8.jpg

Geocaching website with links at bottom to download the apps for apple and android etc:

https://www.geocaching.com/play

You can explore the site without signing up and if you do sign up it's free.

For those that haven't tried it - it's a lot of fun (if a little geeky :) And you'll be surprised what's been hidden in your neighborhood all this time!

Here is my story

Firstly I am dirt biker (a grey haired one)but not a sleuth, however, being this close to the whole thing it is difficultnot to get drawn into this.
This ride was my very first use of thegopro and I had it pointed too low so from a dirt bike point of view it is adisaster. I watched a few frames and shelved it as 'oh well, adjust it nexttime'.
When the suitcase incident came to light Iwas going around saying "Hey we must have rode right past it" notactually considering the video, and although the camera angle is too low mymates wanted me to post a few highlights so I did - that video -ShaunO BrutusJohnO - has been posted on your site.
I went to the Police station here at MurrayBridge to get some gun transfer papers (I'm so over guns just don't want towant them anymore). I got the paper work and mentioned that I had some goprofootage taken within the time frame of the whole suitcase thing. I hadn't evenlooked at it properly, I kinda mentioned it in passing and they took mydetails.
I was in my lunch hour and hadn't even gothome when the CIB rang, hands free in the car, and said get them a copy right away! "They said do you have to goback to work?" wanted it immediately!
When I got home I grabbed a sandwich and thoughtI'd take a better look before I dropped it in. When that object turned up 3.5minutes into it my daughter and I totally freaked! "No way!" isexactly what I said. I zoomed in and printed a still and raced back down to thepolice station.......................now here's the funnything..................
I gave the CIB a flash drive of thecomplete video, about 40 minutes long, with a digital JPEG image of the closeup. When I told the detective of the location he totally dismissed me out ofhand! "that can't be it, it wasn't found there" and showed me ongoogle earth where it was found.
To the point where it was a bit odd?? Isaid "hey zoom in I think there is a handle on the object" and heflatly refused! He wouldn't even zoom in! He said "I've seen the suitcaseand that's not it" - Pretty much fobbed it off, categorically denied itcould be it. So he went from "get down here now" to "get out ofthe building" in a flash!!!!......................interesting eh?
That being said, maybe he knows more thanme and it ISN'T the suitcase????
or
Why would he say to me "good work matethat's the suitcase" ???

Hey, I think that you are a pretty cool guy to take that video, then take it to the police. And I think that you are totally awesome for telling us about it!

Who knows, you might have some significant info there.

I'm so sorry, it opened up for me right away but I was just coming in to post that when I clicked the link from here it was behind the paywall,
I still have the article open and can read it if that's any help ? A long article.

I think clearing your cookies lets you read it again ?

It's a subscriber's only article Tootsie. Are you able to paraphrase the interesting bits?

I''ll give it a go.

Says over previous weeks people had seen the suitcase but it was only when the motorist saw it and spotted the small jawbone that others had missed and when the police arrived they found the rest of the skeleton.
Contents of the suitcase were stained and rotting.

No news on getting a dna sample.
And they think the offender is in the state and likely close by.

Fractures indicate being bashed to death :(

It's a subscriber's only article Tootsie. Are you able to paraphrase the interesting bits?

Take a look at these two pictures of the police talking to the quilt store owner. You can see that she is showing him the cats fabric, which is by Timeless Treasures Fabrics Co, the same company that made the camel fabric and the star fabric.

Does that tell us that the quilt also has a cats fabric? Or is she trying to find the Teddy Time print by Nutex, and that is the best she can match?

In any case, we know that she sells the Timeless Treasures Fabric line, even if she never sold the camel print. Did she have fabric sample books that ended up in this quilt?

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLnPXEiUcAANbhP.jpg

ETA .. better link for the picture

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...23&width=650&api_key=kq7wnrk4eun47vz9c5xuj3mc

Cat fabric https://www.etsy.com/listing/241038...meless treasures cat fabric&ref=sr_gallery_14

Camel print is "Sphinx" by Timeless Treasures
"Teddy Time" by Timeless Treasures.
Music note fabric is by Shamash and Sons, possibly named "Jazz".
The dragonflies prints are made by Inprint Makower
The "Goofy Geckos" is made by Exclusively Quilters.
The pumpkin gingham is possibly vintage.

Musicaljoke. Seriously this post gets my YAY FOR THE DAY great comprehensive work!!

More from the article
They're not revealing all they know.

Something may have happened earlier this year that made the person who hid the body decide to move it. Moving house was mentioned.
May have got nervous about prosecution of other child killers. Mentions Daniel Morcombe's killer and the William Tyrrell case.

The man with the suitcase was described as a man with a mission by one of the women

Strandbags sold a large number of the case for as little as $9 a couple of years ago.

Oh and Detectivie Bray is on leave.

I''ll give it a go.

Says over previous weeks people had seen the suitcase but it was only when the motorist saw it and spotted the small jawbone that other had missed and when the police arrived they found the rest of the skeleton.
Contents of the suitcase were stained and rotting.

No news on getting a dna sample.
And they think the offender is in the state and likely close by.

Fractures indicate being bashed to death :(

Thanks Tootsie. Oh dear, I didn't really want to hear that! I'm surprised that SAPOL has even released that information. In cases like this they will keep the cause of death quiet. That way only the perp and the police know exactly how the victim died. If witnesses report certain things, the police will know immediately if they are of interest to the case or not.

I sharpened the writing on the top section of the building. It says TAMKE'S MOTOR GARAGE. Nobody has gotten around to putting the Australia Post logo on the building.

PO%20Tamke%20s%20Motor%20Garage_zps2ymopr2n.jpg

TAMKE'S MOTOR GARAGE looks to have been closed for many years prior to this 2010 photo.
But the mystery is where to PO is located today.​

More from the article
They're not revealing all they know.

Something may have happened earlier this year that made the person who hid the body decide to move it. Moving house was mentioned.

Oh and Detectivie Bray is on leave.

On leave? Oh my! I hope he's OK and I hope he gets a good rest. I bet this work can drive a person to the edge. I know that I have become obsessed by it. How much more must it keep a detective awake at night?

But .. perhaps his leave is not related to the case.

MOO

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/geocaching-the-hightech-scavenger-hunt.html

Just remember that one man's trash is another man's treasure. The best things to leave in a cache are unique, out-of-the-ordinary items (such as foreign coins, fossils, exotic matchbooks, or anything that has a high cool factor).

A suitcase with real remains of a human ...?
IF the Geo cacher is a psycho then maybe. Maybe he created before or afterwards a creepy Internet game?

Yes, I'm aware that in this case and at this moment the Geo cachers are only helping the investigators. :)
I want Crime Stoppers to read this re another murder and the murder of the little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r