AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates. Here is another article about the jacket.

"Police hope a new tip-off from a member of the public could lead them one step closer to identifying the dead body of a young child who was found dumped beside a highway in South Australia.

The child's remains, believed to be a girl aged between two and four years old who died up to eight years ago, were discovered by a motorist on the Karoonda Highway, east of Adelaide, on July 14.

A sharp-eyed shopper alerted police after noticing a jacket for sale on eBay identical to one police had found along with a faded suitcase, other items of clothing and a degraded quilt."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-South-Australia-sale-eBay.html#ixzz3jbELZYtb

Kicking myself here - a couple of weeks ago I posted pics from an old ebay listing for the jacket - I didn't bother sending the link to police as it seemed like most people were saying that it was quite common (Kmart brand from memory). Just goes to show that every little thing could help - if in doubt just send it in any way.

The pumpkin fabric looks very similar to an old tablecloth that my mum had on her dining table. It was a cheap plastic/vinyl tablecloth with a furry backing on it. I'm certain it was from Red Dot or one of those other cheap outlet stores.

Thanks Makara, will try that.
Little mermaid quilt patch?

A good possibility there Oona :) The red patch has always caught my eye too - it's not like the other reddish stained areas all over the rug.
I can just imagine how that rug would have been literally disintegrating as it was unfolded - I think the photos we have been shown were taken during that process - I've noted that there are some pieces of blackened fabric which seem to be present in the pics of the folded quilt that seem to not be present in the fully unfolded photos. It really must be in a very fragile state, with the remaining fabrics stuck together and crumbling as it was unfolded. It's hard to make out which pieces are kind of folded over and stuck down so we are only seeing their reverse as well.

I was going to say I wish police would publish the highest resolution photos possible so we can zoom in without losing quality so fast - but I guess the images are compressed or reduced when published in news articles anyway. Imagine how much more we could see if the images didn't blow out so quickly when you zoom in!

i cant access websleuths from my pc or laptop anymore since this recent upgrade, only from my phone, anyone else having trouble? ive cleared cache and cookies etc

how do i refresh websleuths page on an iphone? and wheres the thanks button?

Kicking myself here - a couple of weeks ago I posted pics from an old ebay listing for the jacket - I didn't bother sending the link to police as it seemed like most people were saying that it was quite common (Kmart brand from memory). Just goes to show that every little thing could help - if in doubt just send it in any way.

From the label in the pic of jacket from eBay it does look like a Kmart or big w label. It's not an rare brand I recognise the label. But perhaps it was not visible on the jacket in the suitcase. Being a chain store in don't know how much it will help narrow down their search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the label in the pic of jacket from eBay it does look like a Kmart or big w label. It's not an rare brand I recognise the label. But perhaps it was not visible on the jacket in the suitcase. Being a chain store in don't know how much it will help narrow down their search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a KMart label. H&T or Hundreds and Thousands.

Not the same problem as you, still receiving websleuths mail on my pc but since the upgrade all emails from websleuths go into the spam folder in gmail.
I tried marking it as not spam but that didn't work so I have just made a filter to never mark it as spam, hope that works.

"i cant access websleuths from my pc or laptop anymore since this recent upgrade, only from my phone, anyone else having trouble? ive cleared cache and cookies etc"

thankyou, i just cant read these websleuths pages on my pc anymore, just get the notice about a shiny new upgrade! frustrating!

Not sure if this has been posted already, I must have missed it if it was ?

Unidentified girl in suitcase begs the question: How many other girls have we lost?

ELIMINATING POSSIBILITIES

The little girl’s bones are in a laboratory at Adelaide Univerity. There, a man named Jeremy Austin is doing everything he can to help police crack the case.

The deputy director of the Australian Centre for Ancient DNA is no stranger to working under the national spotlight. He helped police identify bones found in 2011 as those of missing Sunshine Coast boy Daniel Morcombe.

He said there was something particularly “odd” about the South Australian case and that he could not believe nobody came forward.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...rls-have-we-lost/story-fns0kb1g-1227493896617

Thanks TootsieFootsie. That article appears to say that Madeleine's still a possibility.

When was the last time you updated your web browser on those devices? Try another web browser?

thankyou, i just cant read these websleuths pages on my pc anymore, just get the notice about a shiny new upgrade! frustrating!

Im in, gosh been trying all day and finally thought to check the websleuths fb page, duh!

thankyou, i just changed to another browser but still no joy, and i tried the ideas on ws facebook, hoping its a ws problem and fixed by tomorrow!

Its weird because others have PC browsers, not a problem. That means the platform is PC compatible. Same URL. Just wondering whether your computer is still going to the old DNS?

So you have tried two different browsers on the same PC but no joy. Dont say Apple. Unless its a clock issue.

Goes into psychic mode.TIC. The spirits of the old server are saying. Go to the page that says shiny new server. Hit ctrl+F5 together

thankyou, i just changed to another browser but still no joy, and i tried the ideas on ws facebook, hoping its a ws problem and fixed by tomorrow!

Yet the GAF brand. "Made in Australia" has only been around 2 years. Are the contents of the case misleading?
If it is such low volume, they will know who they send merchandise to.
http://gafclothing.wix.com/justarrived#!our-story/ce33

<modsnip>
crabstick: Ok, thanks, must check Twitter post policy. It did prove the brand was less than 2 years old. Very important.

I have a feeling its small boutique brands from somewhere. Sydney maybe

http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/haolailu-wb04-tote-bag-for-women-black-8679069/i/

Police are yet to determine the girl's identity, but believe she was aged between two and four when she was murdered, was probably Caucasian and had fair hair.

They also suspect she was killed at another location sometime between the start of 2007 and 12 months ago, before being dumped next to the highway.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-...e-in-wynarka-bones-case-sa-police-say/6717974

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo