AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the pumpkin patch that is still looking so good might not be to do with preserving well, another possibility is that this patch is done later, well after the quilt was so decomposed.

How can or what makes this one particular spot so clean so sustainable? Is this patch done for hiding something behind the patch? Would it be the perpetrator teaching the child or another child how to sew?

bbm

I for myself wouldn't have touched a so decomposed quilt ... :(

bbm

I can't imagine a murderer who dares to handle a (only) partial decomposed victim and puts the little girl from some place to another in this condition. Immediately after murder - yes. As a skeleton - yes. But not half decomposed, I think.

I don't have a link, but I believe that police have said that she was put in the suitcase after decom had started. (I'm sure someone here can point to the precise wording.) I also have trouble picturing someone moving a partly decomposed body, which is why I suspect she was initially in some sort of container with some or all of the clothes, and that everything was transferred to the suitcase "as is" (clothes, quilt and all) without disturbing the remains.

I don't have a link, but I believe that police have said that she was put in the suitcase after decom had started. (I'm sure someone here can point to the precise wording.) I also have trouble picturing someone moving a partly decomposed body, which is why I suspect she was initially in some sort of container with some or all of the clothes, and that everything was transferred to the suitcase "as is" (clothes, quilt and all) without disturbing the remains.

Yes I agree - makes more sense.

I think imagining made a good point in saying that much could depend on whether the little girl died several years ago or more recently.

If she died in 2007 or thereabouts, that means her remains were hidden / stored for a long time. It also means her death was unreported for a long time.

If on the other hand, 12-18 months ago or thereabouts is not all that long, relatively speaking, before the suitcase was put out into the open.

Different timescales could mean very different types of scenarios, and different types of people involved, both before and after the little girl died.

With regard to the quilt:
Yes, it is very likely filled with polyester wadding. I am quite sure the wadding was identified by police earlier as synthetic.
"A filling of polyester material suggested the quilt maker intended it be washed regularly, police said."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-26/quilt-clue-to-child-bones-murder-victim-wynarka/6648582

Most modern quilt fabrics can withstand a lot of machine washing without much fade or wear. For its probable age this quilt appears to have sustained much more than just water damage. I think this supports the suggestion that it was in contact with the body during decomposition.
If the quilt was buried or continious exposure to sun, it might have started to break down.

Someone said roo shooters would cart innards around in a tub. I doubt it.
Never seen that before. The whole lot is used for pet food etc. Or only the food pieces are taken. The rest is left.

I wonder if someone had put the remains outside to dry the remains?
Dry it out to prevent police tracing the body?
Someone said there was a report the remains in a tub?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I wonder (only now :)): why had the remains to be put into a suitcase? IF at all, then a suitcase is as interesting as any other container for the passing drivers, cyclers and so on. Was it a suitcase because there is a handle to it and one can carry the thing around whereever? (The idea seems to me very crazy and incomprehensible since the beginning.)
Or could it be another reason why the little girl had to end precisely in a case ...? :dunno:

Edit: I know that remains or dead bodies are more often in a suitcase. But the suitcase is then stored somewhere or dumped thoroughly and not so amateurish. IF it is NOT Maddie then I don't believe at all, a person would have dumped the case to be found.

I think the pumpkin patch that is still looking so good might not be to do with preserving well, another possibility is that this patch is done later, well after the quilt was so decomposed.

How can or what makes this one particular spot so clean so sustainable? Is this patch done for hiding something behind the patch? Would it be the perpetrator teaching the child or another child how to sew?

That bugged me to the point I sent an email via crime stoppers suggesting they check to see if it's hiding something.

If the quilt was buried or continious exposure to sun, it might have started to break down.

Someone said roo shooters would cart innards around in a tub. I doubt it.
Never seen that before. The whole lot is used for pet food etc. Or only the food pieces are taken. The rest is left.

I wonder if someone had put the remains outside to dry the remains?
Dry it out to prevent police tracing the body?
Someone said there was a report the remains in a tub?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If the quilt was left in the sun, it would be bleached out. The colours still seem quite vibrant, so I don't think it was left outside for very long.

I thought there might have been some hints known about in SA as to why he was on leave....I see you are a local, perkerkel.
That was just an independent wondering I'd had, not local gossip. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. Everything I know about this case I've learned on main stream media or in the forum here. I've just been back to try and delete the comment without luck.

What if the old man with suitcase had to go into hospice and moved the case away from his house? Dementia etc? It may explain his movements?

He is described as being in his 60s so I'd think hospice care would be a bit unlikely as he'd be rather young for that.

What if the old man with suitcase had to go into hospice and moved the case away from his house? Dementia etc? It may explain his movements?

Where is this idea that he is an old man coming from?
He is described as about 60.

Suitcase-man just a salesman?

<modsnip>

From same article in The Australian.
We've not heard this before either.

<modsnip>

The bush camps are easily seen from Google Earth and I.m sure we've all had a good look at them, so I hope we can assume the police have checked them all out too.
If this father and daughter are involved it seems unlikely the remains would be dumped in Wynarka so much later though.
But with so many long term campers all over that area, the child could come from anywhere.

Where is this idea that he is an old man coming from?
He is described as about 60.

Indeed. I'm sure I have heard more than one news report in which the man is described as being 'elderly' - a very strange term for a 60 year old in today's world.

ETA I also heard 'in his sixties' in the media, which does conjure up a slightly older picture.

Police definitely said 60 though, didn't they, based on initial reports?

I haven't heard the media call him elderly. I don't think they'd dare :)
I remember reading one report where they said "older man" though.
But when considering how the witnesses describe the age of a person we have to consider their own age.
The 3 women who we know described him as 60ish were all contemporaries in age themselves or a bit older, so likely to be correct in their estimation of his age.

Thanks for the full text of that article JaneSA.

That really does make me wonder if there is any link there. Also wondering why its taken so long for the media to catch on to it.

If suitcase man is the travelling salesman it's plausible that he hasn't put 2&2 together and realised it's him the police are looking for or he simply hasn't seen the media reports.

That was just an independent wondering I'd had, not local gossip. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. Everything I know about this case I've learned on main stream media or in the forum here. I've just been back to try and delete the comment without luck.

It's not an unreasonable thing to wonder. It must be very emotionally demanding working on something like this. ( I'm not suggesting you have an ear for local gossip, perkerkel; it was probably me who expressed myself badly. )

I just wondered if a reason for Det. Bray's leave had been given in local media, because there doesn't seem to be any reference nationally or internationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog