Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their ages were reported in this article:

"It sold for $900,000 four years ago, and it was after this that Erin bought the Korumburra house now infamous for having so-called 'Satanic' death messages scrawled on the walls by her children, who are now aged about 12 and 14."

It's a terrible thing to accuse small children in the global press of being 'satanic' when they were probably being childish and silly. Altho there was a racist word that I'm surprised hadn't been crossed off.

It's a terrible thing to accuse small children in the global press of being 'satanic' when they were probably being childish and silly.

Consider the source, and watch for the name of the journo who writes these articles. imo
The name is known to us here in Australia as an embellisher and very wonky 'fact' writer.
I typically look for another source.

It's a terrible thing to accuse small children in the global press of being 'satanic' when they were probably being childish and silly. Altho there was a racist word that I'm surprised hadn't been crossed off.

I do not believe it’s at all Satanic but I do believe it’s alarming at their ages to be doing stuff like this on a kitchen wall.

We all have very different experiences in life but if I had done that as a 10/11 year old my parents would of been on the phone to a therapist because it’s not funny or cute to do write stuff like that. But others on here interpret it differently.

Moo

I am wondering if LE can interview them at that age? Would that be permitted to interview adolescents in a case like this on questions about the dehydrator, and other relevant topics.
ah yeah, of course.. they would have specially trained officers for engaging with children and young adolescents in most police forces in the world.

These wall writings were done in another residence. Perhaps when the children were a bit younger and had recently lost their maternal grandmother?

Either way, they should be being shielded by everyone. I cannot imagine how difficult their lives must be at the moment. The talk among their schoolfriends, the disruption to their young lives.

I do not believe it’s at all Satanic but I do believe it’s alarming at their ages to be doing stuff like this on a kitchen wall.

We all have very different experiences in life but if I had done that as a 10/11 year old my parents would of been on the phone to a therapist because it’s not funny or cute to do write stuff like that. But others on here interpret it differently.

Moo

It's a bit close to the edge and I'm surprised the racist word got left, but some kids are more free range than others and they had obviously been permitted to write on the wall.

I realised these children must be a bit older as the male's height is very tall. When my brother and I were that age, I think we spent most of our time trying to outdo and terrorise one another. We spent a lot of time rough and tumbling and 'boxing' which was pretty violent sometimes. Having said that, we'd have never been allowed to write on the walls!

It's a bit close to the edge and I'm surprised the racist word got left, but some kids are more free range than others and they had obviously been permitted to write on the wall.

I realised these children must be a bit older as the male's height is very tall. When my brother and I were that age, I think we spent most of our time trying to outdo and terrorise one another. We spent a lot of time rough and tumbling and 'boxing' which was pretty violent sometimes. Having said that, we'd have never been allowed to write on the walls!

Just to add, the tradesperson who painted over the wall is quoted as saying that the drawings were done by one child. Link

This is the problem.

It was extremely irresponsible for the tradesperson to have allowed the media access to the photo, or to have discussed the matter with them at all.

I wouldn't be having such a tradesperson in my home in the future. I think they have likely negated their own reputation for customer privacy (if they had such a necessary reputation to begin with).

Just to add, the tradesperson who painted over the wall is quoted as saying that the drawings were done by one child. Link

It's easy to see from the height of the drawings that most of them were done by the smaller, female, child. However, I personally wouldn't say that they *all* were as it looks as if someone else has joined in / gone over the top, someone a bit taller

It was extremely irresponsible for the tradesperson to have allowed the media access to the photos, or to have discussed the matter with them at all.

I wouldn't be having such a tradesperson in my home in the future. I think they have likely negated their own reputation for customer privacy (if they had such a necessary reputation to begin with).

See I am the opposite I would hire him tomorrow. He obviously felt something wasn’t right and took photos of the wall because he was so concerned.

Going to the tabloids not the best move but I am positive he had also shown it to the police. I think he has shown he cares about his job and has shown due diligence:D

It was extremely irresponsible for the tradesperson to have allowed the media access to the photo, or to have discussed the matter with them at all.

I seem to think he said he showed it to the police and shortly after it was released online but surely that can't be the case? It was he and not LE that released this photo to the media I'm guessing?

If there is a possibility that one or both of these children has some form of difficulty, emotional, mental, learning disability etc, this is really just abusive on the child.

I thought that a couple of the entries looked like a girl’s height/date on the wall. If that was the original reason for writing on the wall and then the person had the pen and just carried on, it seems less sinister. Children do write on walls if they can get away with it!

See I am the opposite I would hire him tomorrow. He obviously felt something wasn’t right and took photos of the wall because he was so concerned.

Going to the tabloids not the best move but I am positive he had also shown it to the police. I think he has shown he cares about his job and has shown due diligence:D

He should have shown it to the parents (I guess they'd seen it?) and maybe child welfare / child protection if he had concerns. I doubt the police would be interested.

Photographing the before / after is pretty standard anyway to ensure the client pays up.

He should have shown it to the parents (I guess they'd seen it?) and maybe child welfare / child protection if he had concerns. I doubt the police would be interested.

Photographing the before / after is pretty standard anyway to ensure the client pays up.
Police wouldn't be interested back then but I bet they are now.

Why wouldn’t the police be interested she is a person of interest in 3 Murders so it could very well point to a unhappy home and that all was not well within in it?

Moo

Showing it to the police is one thing. Showing it to the tabloids is another.

I do work for a painting company. I can say that a painter working for them would be fired for doing such a thing. The things they see in people's homes are private. And the good reputation for privacy and respect brings in a lot of work in a very competitive workspace.

The painting company that I do work for even has customers give permission (via a signed form) if the company would like to use photos of that job on their website, for examples of their work.

Showing it to the police is one thing. Showing it to the tabloids is another.

I do work for a painting company. I can say that a painter working for them would be fired for doing such a thing. The things they see in people's homes are private. And the good reputation for privacy and respect brings in a lot of work in a very competitive workplace.

The painting company that I do work for even has customers give permission (via a signed form) if the company would like to use photos of that job on their website, for examples of their work.

I can’t remember does it mention if he is the owner?

I guess he just wanted his 5 mins of fame. It doesn’t make it right but in a small town and a murder mystery he thought he would tell his story.

Why wouldn’t the police be interested she is a person of interest in 3 Murders so it could very well point to a unhappy home and that all was not well within in it?

Moo

Well they'd be interested now! At the time they wouldn't be concerned about kids scribbling on a wall I don't suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow