Identified! Australia - Alderley (Nth Brisbane) - QLD - Fem/UnkRace/Age - Body In Locked Void at Apartment Complex, 7 Dec'22 - Tanya Glover

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unidentified woman found in Brisbane unit complex wall may have died 13 years ago, police say

...police have determined that she was Caucasian, between 155-165 centimetres tall and had dark brown hair.

She wore glasses and size 10 clothing. She was believed to be between 30 and 55-years-old.

Police have also revealed there was "trauma" to the woman's body and that they were still treating her death as suspicious.

The article also says that they're sure she was where she was found from at least November 2015. That tells me that possibly someone accessed the space at that time and noticed but didn't investigate the bundle.

They also said they're confident she wasn't a resident, but I don't know how they could be sure when in an adjacent paragraph it says they're still tracking down former residents to interview them. I'd think they could only be sure she was a resident if someone had vanished and left all their stuff and their rent unpaid. People being a 'resident' of somewhere isn't always the kind of thing that shows on a lease. She could have been couchsurfing, subletting off the books, or a longterm partner of a resident who happened to have her own residence elsewhere but spent most of her time at the apartment complex.

Unidentified woman found in Brisbane unit complex wall may have died 13 years ago, police say

...police have determined that she was Caucasian, between 155-165 centimetres tall and had dark brown hair.

She wore glasses and size 10 clothing. She was believed to be between 30 and 55-years-old.

Police have also revealed there was "trauma" to the woman's body and that they were still treating her death as suspicious.

The article also says that they're sure she was where she was found from at least November 2015. That tells me that possibly someone accessed the space at that time and noticed but didn't investigate the bundle.

They also said they're confident she wasn't a resident, but I don't know how they could be sure when in an adjacent paragraph it says they're still tracking down former residents to interview them. I'd think they could only be sure she was a resident if someone had vanished and left all their stuff and their rent unpaid. People being a 'resident' of somewhere isn't always the kind of thing that shows on a lease. She could have been couchsurfing, subletting off the books, or a longterm partner of a resident who happened to have her own residence elsewhere but spent most of her time at the apartment complex.
And the picture of the cavity was interesting. It makes me think the woman might have been sheltering there and died of natural causes.

Okay, seriously question here:

What was Daniel Holdom's whereabouts between 2009 and 2015?

Remember the suitcase was found in 2015?

I'm looking at the description of the body and it sounds like poor Karlie's build, although a bit older than she was and with glasses.

I know, going wayyyyy out there but I just had that sudden cold feeling.

Okay, seriously question here:

What was Daniel Holdom's whereabouts between 2009 and 2015?

Remember the suitcase was found in 2015?

I'm looking at the description of the body and it sounds like poor Karlie's build, although a bit older than she was and with glasses.

I know, going wayyyyy out there but I just had that sudden cold feeling.
I don't know, but wasn't he from Newcastle? That's a long way from Brisbane. If he was in Brisbane, then yeah, run with it, but if not...

Also, he dumped Karlie in a forested area, miles from anything. That's a bit different to hiding a body in a service area of a residential building. I think we're dealing with a hasty coverup, here. Holdom strikes me as a bit more coldblooded.

But please, don't let my skepticism deter you. Chase it, if you find a connection with Brisbane and Holdom.

It depends what the bundle was like. She might have wrapped herself tightly to sleep and stay warm.
They also mention trauma to the body, which is possibly more than a decade old. That means it was probably skeletal. Trauma that may have caused death.

Simplest explanation, this is a homicide, the body was wrapped tightly for transport, disposal and concealment.

If information comes out to counter this, I'll happily adjust, but I think if this was natural causes, if it was possible she'd put herself where she was found, it would have been mentioned by now.

I don't know, but wasn't he from Newcastle? That's a long way from Brisbane. If he was in Brisbane, then yeah, run with it, but if not...

Also, he dumped Karlie in a forested area, miles from anything. That's a bit different to hiding a body in a service area of a residential building. I think we're dealing with a hasty coverup, here. Holdom strikes me as a bit more coldblooded.

But please, don't let my skepticism deter you. Chase it, if you find a connection with Brisbane and Holdom.
Haven't exactly found a connection tonight to Brisbane yet, but he has been known to travel to many places. I think he *may* have been in Tin Can Bay if I recall correctly.

Khandles was found in a suitcase, in 2015 dumped on the side of a highway. There's no way she would have been sitting there on the side of the highway since 2008 without being seen earlier.

Haven't exactly found a connection tonight to Brisbane yet, but he has been known to travel to many places. I think he *may* have been in Tin Can Bay if I recall correctly.

Khandles was found in a suitcase, in 2015 dumped on the side of a highway. There's no way she would have been sitting there on the side of the highway since 2008 without being seen earlier.
Yeah, they never worked out who put her there, did they?

I have a strong suspicion he left her body in a suitcase on someone else's property, in a shed, or a garage, or just in the bush. Someone opened it one day, curious, then horrified. Acted purely out of panic and drove it far away from their home. It's not the way any of us would want to act, but people do when they're frightened. They may have known Holdom, or they may not. We know at least Holdom's girlfriend knew of and participated in the welfare fraud, and possibly the proof of life texts to home, long after they were dead. So maybe there is another accessory out there. There's some kind of connection to South Australia, at the very least, but we don't know what it is, just that Khandalyce was found there.

They also mention trauma to the body, which is possibly more than a decade old. That means it was probably skeletal. Trauma that may have caused death.

Simplest explanation, this is a homicide, the body was wrapped tightly for transport, disposal and concealment.

If information comes out to counter this, I'll happily adjust, but I think if this was natural causes, if it was possible she'd put herself where she was found, it would have been mentioned by now.
I think if the remains had been skeletal, police wouldn't have been in a position to say she was female the day after she was found.

Yeah, they never worked out who put her there, did they?

I have a strong suspicion he left her body in a suitcase on someone else's property, in a shed, or a garage, or just in the bush. Someone opened it one day, curious, then horrified. Acted purely out of panic and drove it far away from their home. It's not the way any of us would want to act, but people do when they're frightened. They may have known Holdom, or they may not. We know at least Holdom's girlfriend knew of and participated in the welfare fraud, and possibly the proof of life texts to home, long after they were dead. So maybe there is another accessory out there. There's some kind of connection to South Australia, at the very least, but we don't know what it is, just that Khandalyce was found there.

The biggest thing for me is they are still trying to find via missing persons the identity of this poor soul. Remember K&K were never listed as missing because the family kept getting those texts. What if the same thing happened here? Whomever did this to this lady has kept up a similar charade?

I think if the remains had been skeletal, police wouldn't have been in a position to say she was female the day after she was found.
There would be strong indicators that could suggest gender.

Just from the articles I've seen:

* She was only a little over five foot tall
* Her clothing is listed as size 10 - a women's clothing size, also, if clothed for going outdoors and not for sleep, she may have been wearing a bra
* Her hair was long and brown
* She was wearing prescription glasses, women's frames are sometimes distinctly different to men's
* Skeletally, the angle of the pelvis of a person whose biological sex is female is often distinctly different to someone whose pelvis is that of a biological male. Also, the areas of the skeleton where major muscle attachments join to the bone tend to be finer and less pronounced.

Yes, after a day they wouldn't have had genetic testing back, but they could make an educated guess.

Last edited:
The biggest thing for me is they are still trying to find via missing persons the identity of this poor soul. Remember K&K were never listed as missing because the family kept getting those texts. What if the same thing happened here? Whomever did this to this lady has kept up a similar charade?
That's why going public with the PMI and basic physical description is important at this stage. It may be enough to cause a friend or family member to question and contact police.

The only other missing person I can think of is Sandrine Jourdan, she had sunglasses but not sure about women's glasses.

She was 37 when she went missing in 2012, 164cm, long brown hair and probably around a size 10. Went missing from Caboolture which is a little north of Alderley.

Surely the police would have done a DNA test though .

The only other missing person I can think of is Sandrine Jourdan, she had sunglasses but not sure about women's glasses.

She was 37 when she went missing in 2012, 164cm, long brown hair and probably around a size 10. Went missing from Caboolture which is a little north of Alderley.

Surely the police would have done a DNA test though .
They did say looking through missing persons reports wasn't helping them, so I strongly suspect that you're correct in that this is someone that has never officially been reported as missing. If Sandrine was, then she's probably already been looked at as a possibility.

Can't they call it "null space" or something less creepy?
I think they used it because it's the most accurate architecture related term. 'Wall cavity' and the like imply between two walls, outer and inner, or within a partition wall. That's not what the space she was found in is. It's not a room, either. It's a small piece of negative space, not used for any particular purpose, that just happens to be encompassed by the footprint of the building.

Yes not sure how the body could be described as both "skeletal" or preserved, but thats what this article from today says.

"The grisly find was made on December 7, when cleaners came across skeletal remains, partially buried and “preserved” under clothing and bedding, behind a wall in the basement of the Alderley property"

"This unit complex was built in 2006 we are in the process of tracking down all occupants," Detective Superintendent Massingham said.

"We are most of the way through interviewing past residents … we have some 50 left.

"So, far this lady is not identified."

Yes not sure how the body could be described as both "skeletal" or preserved, but thats what this article from today says.

"The grisly find was made on December 7, when cleaners came across skeletal remains, partially buried and “preserved” under clothing and bedding, behind a wall in the basement of the Alderley property"
It's possible that because of the tight wrapping, and possibly a consistent temperature and humidity, her body was skeletal but also had adipocere. It also had hair remaining because of the wrapping, where often, that is lost or degrades if a body is exposed to the elements for years.

TL:dr, the skeleton was likely articulated because of the wrapping, like an ancient Egyptian mummy is. The wrapping could have held her together even while her soft tissues slowly decomposed. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back