Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were only 12 homes listed for sale a month ago..I do not think the business was doing so well ( plus the rumour of the business going in to liquidation a few weeks prior to Allison's death; if anyone wants the original post , I will go back and look for it )

Personally I think the business may have been going down the gurgler regardless..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7958576#post7958576"]Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12 - Page 31 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Might help.

Just because they have 23 or 2 properties on their website, doesn't mean that's all they have. Real Estate Agents usually have hundreds of property listings they don't advertise. Some clients only want the buyers who are definitely ready to buy. The buyer tells the estate agent what they want ie. 4 bed, poop, 2 car garage, cul-de-sac...whatever. Then they estate agent will go through their books and see if they have anything with desired ammenities.

How do I know this? I lived with one for a long time and his listings book was the thickness of websters dictionary. Selling a house is a slow process and vendors often will sit on properties for months before they get the price they want. Just sayin.

Good last line.

Its not that I haven't thought the same as many at times, and I still have suscpicions. But theres also other ways that I look at things too sometimes, maybe some don't.(no judgement there, its just how I think..looking at both sides/options to many things). And I think also there are elements of things that make me keep an open mind to other possibilites. But we all have our own way of looking at things I guess. And I'm not going to declare wholeheartedly guilt or not with what I know(or don't) and in a public way without facts..YET.

Buy hey. I am glad we can all respect each others opinions and thoughts on things.

good post Unfolding, its difficult to follow one train of thought. As you read through others thoughts and opinions, it can skew what you previously felt sure about. respecting all the views and ideas on this thread whilst trying to form your own is a good way to consider other possibilities and keep your mind open

From what I understand of the judiciary system, a solicitor or barrister is to advise his client on what is in his best interest. In some cases that may be to plead gulity I think you would be a fool to engage someone for this purpose and not take their advice, How does the saying go :"the person who represents himself in court, has a fool for a client

I believe that you are correct. The lawyer advises his client what will be in his best interest...even to the point of advising a person to plead guilty to something that they maintain their innocence of. The innocent man that my husband and I supported was strongly advised by his legal team to plead guilty even though the legal team knew that he was innocent. If he pleaded guilty they said he would probably be spared jail....it was some type of deal with the prosecution. Apparently the prosecution agreed to leave off one of the charges or something like that. I think that the reason the defensive team suggested he plead guilty was that it was one of these cases that is impossible to defend because there was so many things that were inadmissible in court and the offenses were supposed to have occurred so long ago. An impossible situation.......and the kind of case that I believe our legal system needs to look at how they deal with....focus on finding the truth...not just on getting a conviction. It really wasn't fair at all. It was very difficult for the man to decide whether to accept the easy option of pleading guilty and not going to jail......but in the end he decided that if he chose that option (as tempting as it was) that he was in fact lying to the court....so he preferred to be truthful....maintain his innocence and therefore go to jail because it was too difficult to defend. Shocking situation and a real eye opener to the reality of our justice system.

That is just awful - truly shocking! Imagine being in a situation where you are advised to plead guilty, when innocent! I have so much admiration for this man. Prepared to go to prison for the sake of telling the truth. Yes - our justice system could do with an overhaul (JMO)

Hahahahha!

I thought 'Who the hell is Gerbil Clay?' Greg is off topic, skating on thin ice, another time out.... then the penny dropped!

Man, I am STUPID! Good post, Greg.. remind us of the day we turned on our tv's , saw this and thought ????? I'm not so stupid that I can't see that he's lying through his teeth JMO

:floorlaugh: you're funny CJ

Just wondering, how did you go interviewing the trolley boys at Coles Indromum? :/

:floorlaugh: Glad we have you on the case.
I personally don't believe this theory...but so many people have commented on it I thought I would see for myself. Happy to give you a giggle....keep posted for more exclusives!
Sorry...posted this twice & I'm blaming my iPhone!

Iwas thinking the same thing.Maybe this was planned.If Allison wanted out and he knew that she would be awarded at least 65% of his assets.Plus child support.So if he has no income,no child support.Iwas also thinking maybe they both saw a therapist,not too save the marriage but to make it earier on the girls.Thats what dear sweet Allison would want.

I don't really follow. It would be kind of drastic way to avoid child support, and it appears outwardly that he loves his kids. I don't really understand your therapist comment, or what Allison wanted? do you mind explaining a little more? thanks :)

All very interesting discussions today, thanks :)

I've been dwelling on the business side of things again. Portsmouth posted an interesting piece on a drive he/she did around Kenmore and Taringa this week. Did you end up going to Brookfield too, Portsmouth?

Interestingly, P reported that the Century21 offices are pretty much vacant now, no photos, signage etc from memory. We also know the office space is being advertised for lease.

Does anyone have a view on the following:

1. Was the business being wound up anyway in the weeks prior to Allison's death and the business would have closed down in any event; or

2. Was the business going badly but not winding up, then Allison was killed and due to all the publicity, outrage and mystery, people pulled their properties etc and the business has been destroyed by all of this.

I wonder about the sequence of events. Any thoughts?
My thoughts in relation to you are in post 137. I think Im getting the hang of this,practise makes perfect..

Has anyone done up a TIMELINE of events in a doc that could be posted. One based on info that has been reported by the media and/or a timeline including gossip.

go to the beginning of any of the threads ond Kimster or whoever starts the thread will provide a link of the first post usually, right after the warnings!!!

Hi, I've been reading for a while, but this is my first time joining in. Re the discussions on decomposition, I think ABC was dumped in water upstream from the Kholo creek bridge and the heavy rain washed her downstream. I found an interesting set of lecture notes about bodies in water and ruling out causes of death - http://www.dundee.ac.uk/forensicmedicine/notes/water.pdf
If she was in the water, there would be less damage from insects and predators, but if moving, much harder to determine if bruising occurred pre or post mortem.

I personally don't believe this theory...but so many people have commented on it I thought I would see for myself. Happy to give you a giggle....keep posted for more exclusives!

I don't think it likely either, because of the reports of no visible foul play(however, maybe the police are keeping all this quiet.:waitasec:).
But I'll await your reports with anticipation! Poor trolley boy will be scratchin his head:waitasec:..unless he's had a string of sleuthers rocking up to ask about chains!:floorlaugh:

There lack of action just speaks volumes. There was nothing to find so they were hardly going to get motivated to look for a body they didn't want found.

My first reaction if my someone was missing from my family would be right - lets get the whole community involved - posters, flyers, what other exposure can we get - then I would be freely contacting the media for time to explain how he was missing. Contact all my friends to tell them to look out for this person. Get on FB and let everyone know I needed to find this person - SING from the rooftops on TWITTER - Utube -omg by any shot of the imagination the Kony media splash of exposure would be just flash in the pan would have nothing on me.

But all we have - is a most pathetic plea 'please dear Allison come home' and the Dickies not even knowing the full details of Allison's last moments doing whatever they can within the realm of their abilities to bring Allison home.

It is too sad for words.

Agree - people put posters and fliers out if their beloved pets go missing. This was his wife!!!!!

Once again the comment "that she left home for a late night walk" - walk/TV/walk/TV - hope we know soon.

Yes not sure about that one...it could be just some careless words by the journo who wrote that report.

On the other hand...I'm wondering if this "walk/tv" is somehow involved with what he's told police...considering he'd told Allison's parents "she went for a walk & didn't come back".

Could it be he has told the girls "she went for a walk & isn't coming back" (from a post of Zorro's the other night) & the girls have then told their grandparents the Dickies ??

Sorry...posted this twice & I'm blaming my iPhone!

hope you wore your official websleuths badge ;o)

Hi, I've been reading for a while, but this is my first time joining in. Re the discussions on decomposition, I think ABC was dumped in water upstream from the Kholo creek bridge and the heavy rain washed her downstream. I found an interesting set of lecture notes about bodies in water and ruling out causes of death - http://www.dundee.ac.uk/forensicmedicine/notes/water.pdf
If she was in the water, there would be less damage from insects and predators, but if moving, much harder to determine if bruising occurred pre or post mortem.

thanks JackieBee, what a good and relevant article...it quickly highlights that drowning would be either ruled out or determined as the cause of death very early on.

I know they concentrated the search around Brookfield, but an earlier poster said there were searches of the waterways further afield. Not as intense as the Brookfield search. Of course, if Police canoeists had been out and about, they wouldn't have seen Allison while she was hidden in the scrub - and couldn't even get up that far - dry creeks! But as soon as it rained - she was found. I'm with you - I think if she had made it to the river -chances of finding her - slim!

And I drove up Wirrabarra on a beautiful sunny day - I don't think I would like to go there at night!
( I do not want to offend anyone that lives up there - it is just this case that has given me the creeps! Ugly Gully is beautiful - but I look at that whole area in a different light, now. A dumped Allison there..)

The search was concentrated around Brookfield (and Moggill Creek) so heavily as it wasn't a missing persons case to them, it was a homicide, and they were chasing the phone. Police and SES were everywhere up Moggill creek all week from what I understand. A friend was kayaking up Moggill Creek (was just doing his warm down after a long paddle on the river) the day before they found her and he thought it was some SES exercise going on. (he doesn't watch TV)

Police (AFAIK) don't use canoes for searches. They would have been using boats, jetskis, trail bikes and horses (along with the other obvious forms of transport). But yes, before that downpour, you probably wouldn't make it too far up that creek before having troubles.

I would love to live out that way. Even looked at a few properties years ago. In my current position (working the city and riding to work) it is just a little inconvenient though. One day though.

Thanks for the post JackiBee. My only thought is, I believe it is able to be determined, whether bruising occurs premortem or not.

Also found another interesting articlehttp://enotes.com/antemortem-injuries-reference/antemortem-injuries

I am at Coles shopping centre and at both entrances & exits I used there is a sign advising customers the car park will be chained at night and reopened in the morning. It's raining here, so no trolley boys to be seen to clarify the missing chain theory. I might come back tomorrow.

Thanks Indromum. Did you feel as silly as i did looking? You're a better sleuther than i if you actually ask a trolley boy... There's prob. one hanging out back w/ a cig. Most people aren't buying into the chain thing at all, I've dropped it but am curious if you find something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member