Australia - Brenda and Lynton Anderson, married, both 94, allegedly murdered a year apart, South Australia, 2022-2023 *daughter charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TootsieFootsie

Reaction score

An elderly South Australian couple, who died more than a year apart, may have been murdered by the same person, with police raising concerns over suspicious toxicology results.

Police say Brenda Anderson, 94, died in the Flinders Medical Centre in March last year. Her husband, Lynton Anderson, also 94, died after being found unconscious by a carer at his home in May this year.

How very sad...I would think both did not suffer either physically or emotionally.
We don't actually know all the details yet.

I would say they both suffered if they had ingested poison and that poison caused their death.

The suffering would be both physical and emotional, especially if it is true that it's someone close to them and they realised it.
Even if it wasn't someone close to them, how can you become unwell, to the point of death and not feel any suffering or emotion.

So I would say they suffered a great deal. IMO.

We don't actually know all the details yet.

I would say they both suffered if they had ingested poison and that poison caused their death.

The suffering would be both physical and emotional, especially if it is true that it's someone close to them and they realised it.
Even if it wasn't someone close to them, how can you become unwell, to the point of death and not feel any suffering or emotion.

So I would say they suffered a great deal. IMO.
Am sure you are right. I guess because of their age, I was hoping too much. They state they have a suspect...hope we learn about who could be this cruel.

This happened close to where I live and I drive past the house often. It's a very large property in a prime location with a big old house on it. Probably worth at least 1mil or more. I always thought it must be someone very old that lived there. This is really sad :(

For anyone not familiar with the area, it's got a pretty bad reputation although it seems to be slowly improving. The property is across the road from a shopping complex and an aged care facility.

Last edited:
I'm guessing due to the houses proximity to shops there would surely be at least 1 security camera pointed in the direction of the driveway/front door area. There is only really 1 way in or out as far as I can tell from driving past as most of the property has a high fence around it.

This is the house and as you can see it's massive in comparison to other properties around it. According to realestate.com.au it's 5,756sqm. Police say they have a suspect, hopefully they're able to collect some solid evidence. I say follow the money.

Screenshot_20230703_232805_Maps.jpg

A 62-year-old Craigmore woman, who has been described by police as a family member of the married couple, was arrested this morning by Major Crime detectives.

Police have confirmed she has since been charged with two counts of murder.

Police said the woman would be refused police bail and is likely to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court later today or tomorrow.

An elderly woman with glasses smiling with a flower border. An elderly man with glasses smiling.

Brenda and Lynton Anderson, both aged 94, died a year apart

Police have described their deaths as "alleged drug toxicity murders" and say both died from drug overdoses "after being deliberately administered medication".

They allege that that medication was given to Mrs Anderson four days before her death, while she was being treated as a patient at the Noarlunga Hospital, and to Mr Anderson at his Hackham home the day before he died.

"The arrested woman is a family member of Mr and Mrs Anderson," police said.

The family member was expected to be refused police bail and was likely to appear in the Adelaide magistrates court later on Tuesday or on Wednesday, police said.

Last week Det Insp Mark McEachern said concerns about Brenda Anderson’s death had been first raised during the coronial investigation, which examined the toxicology results.

“When an innocent explanation for toxicology abnormalities was eliminated, the possibility of Mrs Anderson’s death being a deliberate act by another party became the primary subject of the investigation,” McEachern said on Thursday.

He said police alleged “Mrs Anderson was killed by a person known to her and in close enough relationship to have been visiting her while she was in hospital”.

Police asked to speak to anyone who had contact with the couple, particularly those with knowledge of any prescription or non-prescription medication they were taking.

The Advertiser says that Mr Anderson was a father or father-in-law of eight, a grandfather of seven, and a great grandpa of nine children (according to his death notice in The Advertiser).

With the alleged killer being 62, possibly one of his own 8 kids or kids-in-law?
ETA: Except one of his kids/kids-in-law is deceased, according to the death notice

And it is possible he might have nieces and nephews in that age range, I guess.
We will probably find out tomorrow who it is.

Last edited:
Yes I was just reading the death notice.

Quite a large family.

A relative of them both. Not just a relative of one of them.
Wouldn't someone become a relative by marriage anyway.

Or are they hinting at it being one of their children.

I feel so sad for their lives being cut short like that :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back