Australia - Cecilia Haddad, 38, found deceased 29th April 2018 *arrest in Brazil*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A person of interest in the police investigation into the alleged murder of a Brazilian mining executive in Sydney over the weekend is believed to have been a former lover who fled Australia in the days following her death.

www.9news.com.au/national/2018/05/02/04/00/brazilian-woman-cecilia-haddad-suspicious-death-lane-cove-river-sydney

A person of interest in the police investigation into the alleged murder of a Brazilian mining executive in Sydney over the weekend is believed to have been a former lover who fled Australia in the days following her death.

www.9news.com.au/national/2018/05/02/04/00/brazilian-woman-cecilia-haddad-suspicious-death-lane-cove-river-sydney

She has such a kind face. Poor lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She has such a kind face. Poor lady.

Yes she does and had the world at her feet. When I first heard about her being found on the weekend I thought suicide, however, the police have since confirmed tonight on the news that she was murdered. May justice be swift!

attachment.php

Police wish to speak to Marcelo Santoro (centre) over the suspected murder of his ex-girlfriend and business partner Cecilia Haddad. Mr Santoro is believed to have flown home to Brazil at the weekend, several days earlier than initially planned

Attachments

• POI Marcelo Santoro.jpg
    POI Marcelo Santoro.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 451
I read that Brazil does not extradite it’s citizens but I found this below document and it appears we have bilateral agreements with them signed in 1996. I am assuming the below is permitted as it’s a federal government document.
The creep appears to have children.
I would hope he is easy to find unless family hides him. Casual glances through Facebook news sites appears it’s been picked up on their news also.

https://www.ag.gov.au/International...tralia has a bilateral extradition treaty.pdf

I can relate there. I hope they find the killer,seriously. So sad.I deal with death of my sister everyday.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

Brazilian authorities will help New South Wales detectives and the Australian Federal Police to track down a man being treated as a person of interest in the murder of mining executive Cecilia Haddad.
Investigators want to speak with Marcelo Santoro, Ms Haddad’s ex-partner, after she was found floating in the Lane Cover River on Sunday.
Detectives are treating the 38-year-old’s death as a murder after receiving the results of a post-mortem examination conducted on Wednesday – but few details have been released.
It is understood Mr Santoro, who police say is a person of interest, flew back to Rio De Janeiro over the weekend.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...r-person-of-interest-brazil?ocid=social-9news

Her vehicle was found at a railway station so my thoughts are that he drove her car, caught the train to the airport and off he goes. Surely his DNA will be on the steering wheel & door handles and those fingerprints will show he was the last to drive the car. CCTV would’ve picked him up in the train station and airport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Morrisa for starting this thread.
Yikes, all around us: who do we 'trust'!!
I trust very few people. Crazy world out there.

Her vehicle was found at a railway station so my thoughts are that he drove her car, caught the train to the airport and off he goes. Surely his DNA will be on the steering wheel & door handles and those fingerprints will show he was the last to drive the car. CCTV would’ve picked him up in the train station and airport.

TGY - That’s exactly what I thought. In the first link posted on the thread I think the police state they catch “glimpses” of her on the CCTV footage at rail station.
I’m thinking she may have picked him up at station headed to the water talk and he has then proceeded to do exactly as you say, drive, train and fly out of Australia.

I can relate there. I hope they find the killer,seriously. So sad.I deal with death of my sister everyday.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister, Amber. I hope you and Cecilia’s loved ones find justice.

Friends said Cecilia never took public transport.
West Ryde Rail station is 17 minutes from Woolwich but Cecilia was found near Gladesville Bridge.

db701688cd8f52969732de6f844b5e4d.jpg

West Ryde Station and carpark.

a4ca81b6645b00a501e0e287c7af7890.jpg

From West Ryde Station it is 47 minutes by train to the international airport.
That 47 minutes must have been harrowing.
Keep looking over your shoulder buddy.
73f971a6e3199de8bf853f874ff9d5b0.jpg

Interestingly this article said Cecilia lived in Ryde where as others said Woolwich.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ce-want-to-talk-to-was-seeking-work-in-brazil

Alvaro Ribeiro, who owns a vaccination clinic in Rio, told the Guardian he had spoken to Santoro in March over the Whatsapp messaging service. The two had previously worked together in the health industry, but not seen each other in person since 2011, Ribeiro said.

“I was director One Health and he was a director at United (Health Group). We met again there and became friends.”
He said he last talked to Santoro, who he described as “polite” and from an educated, upper-class family, on 19 March, after Santoro contacted him on LinkedIn and said he was looking for work in Brazil after spending time abroad.

“(He said): ‘I am very far away, I am unhappy, can you give me a tip (of any work).’ I said: ‘It is difficult in Brazil, but there are some important American consultants, with your profile you could fit,’” Ribeiro recalled.

“He said he was wanted to come back, he wants a job in Brazil and work. He is very far from family. He is very concerned with his family, he has young children, he is separated.”

Interestingly this article said Cecilia lived in Ryde where as others said Woolwich.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ce-want-to-talk-to-was-seeking-work-in-brazil

Alvaro Ribeiro, who owns a vaccination clinic in Rio, told the Guardian he had spoken to Santoro in March over the Whatsapp messaging service. The two had previously worked together in the health industry, but not seen each other in person since 2011, Ribeiro said.

“I was director One Health and he was a director at United (Health Group). We met again there and became friends.”
He said he last talked to Santoro, who he described as “polite” and from an educated, upper-class family, on 19 March, after Santoro contacted him on LinkedIn and said he was looking for work in Brazil after spending time abroad.

“(He said): ‘I am very far away, I am unhappy, can you give me a tip (of any work).’ I said: ‘It is difficult in Brazil, but there are some important American consultants, with your profile you could fit,’” Ribeiro recalled.

“He said he was wanted to come back, he wants a job in Brazil and work. He is very far from family. He is very concerned with his family, he has young children, he is separated.”

She lived in Ryde, her body was found in the Lane Cove River at Woolwich

If the vehicle was found at the station then I’m thinking the keys would’ve been dumped around there and not where Cecilia was found.
Didn’t he drive the car after dumping Cecilia?

On Friday Australia police dive squads returned to a section of the Parramatta River, beneath the Gladesville Bridge, searching for a set of car keys investigators believe may be crucial evidence.

The Guardian understands police are operating on information from the public in their search of the area on the opposite side of the Woolwich peninsula to where Haddad’s body was found.

If the vehicle was found at the station then I’m thinking the keys would’ve been dumped around there and not where Cecilia was found.
Didn’t he drive the car after dumping Cecilia?

On Friday Australia police dive squads returned to a section of the Parramatta River, beneath the Gladesville Bridge, searching for a set of car keys investigators believe may be crucial evidence.

The Guardian understands police are operating on information from the public in their search of the area on the opposite side of the Woolwich peninsula to where Haddad’s body was found.

Yeah I'm not understanding how they think the keys were thrown at the Gladesville bridge either. How did the car get to West Ryde station?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back