Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez.....Lampie is turning up with the same image as Spooks....ie Pat Sw. What is going on? Screen is blue & grey again & flashing with zebra stripes. PROMISE....I haven't had a drop. [emoji32]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/06/08/us/night-stalker-killer-richard-ramirez-dies-at-53.html?referer=https://www.google.com.au/

Richard Ramirez

And yet another serial killer that smelled bad! Is there something in this?

“Mr. Ramirez continued his home invasions, usually through a window that had been left open. He became known for mutilating corpses, gouging out one woman’s eyeballs. Though he varied his routines, witnesses and surviving victims were able to provide the police with a description: Hispanic, with long hair and a foul smell”

Oh what a revolting creature! And hmmm.... the smell again, makes you think don't it? Wonder if there has ever been any studies done on serial rapists/murderers having stronger than normal body odours/unusual body odours? :thinking: Thanks Annalise.

I hadn't thought about the use of dogs in this sort of situation, but now that you mention it I can absolutely see the potential. I'm aware of the uses you mention, and I've seen a PTSD assistance dog in action - quite extraordinary how sensitive they can be (not specifically smell, obviously, but part of the same concept). I think they have an assistance dog available for victims giving testimony in some child abuse cases (the most recent example being the Cardinal Pell matter).

And you know, I think the sort of use you describe might not be that far off. They are using dogs for more and more. Also, specifically, already use dogs to search for cadavers and missing children (they used one in the William Tyrell case). Just thinking out loud - perhaps what they could do is have the dog sniff a person if that person has been attacked by someone else (e.g. rape) and then see if the dog recognizes that smell in a suspect. Perhaps not useful as evidence alone, but could back up someone's line-up ID or provide police with a line of inquiry.

Very interesting line of discussion. Really enjoying it and your insight, especially the different ways smell might be able to play a part in apprehending suspects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like your thinking Annalise about the victim/suspect "sniff". It would be interesting to see the dog's reaction to a suspect just in general as the dog approached the suspect. Dogs have that 6th sense stuff going on with nasty people, have seen it with dogs we've had over the years. Sometimes they've had these really strong reactions to a person, like backing away, or continually standing between me and the person as if protecting me. Nearly always turned out we eventually found that person was not a very nice individual.

The George Pell trial - oh don't get me started. Those poor people having to give evidence, and how beautiful that a faithful dog can be with them to pat and have sit extra close to them (which I'm sure the dog will do). Dogs often lay across people's feet they are protecting so that even if the dog falls asleep they'll be awakened if the person gets up, like, if you go anywhere, I'm going too! Getting misty here, we lost our dog a couple of years back at 16 years old. He was an abandoned and traumatised puppy and we had to go through all sorts of tests and be actually "chosen" by him out of 6 other couples, before we could take him home. Still miss him, a big black loveable German Shepherd/Lab. Part dog/part horse all 50 kilos of dopey love!

Ive seen the light , washing day is the connection , was it a hills hoist or a couple of crude sticks with wire attached ,did the crude sticks fall over when the wire was removed , if only I could post a blurry photo of a laundromat
IMOO.....dont think it was washing line

Did she ever have her clothesline stolen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha nope!
He was so quiet she didn’t even know who he was when they arrested him. He looked vaguely familiar to me - I think I’d noticed him at Belmont Forum or walking around the lake because he looks similar to someone else I know, and looked twice at him before realizing he wasn’t who I thought he was. For a year I lived around the corner from him and overlooking Tomato Lake, so I’d often see the same local people around.

Geez.....Lampie is turning up with the same image as Spooks....ie Pat Sw. What is going on? Screen is blue & grey again & flashing with zebra stripes. PROMISE....I haven't had a drop. [emoji32]

What's that? What am I doing with Patrick Swayze??? That Dirty Dancing thing and with zebra stripes? Am I in a onesie perhaps? I think I had this dream a few nights back....:) Sorry you're having problems, like I said before, some weird s**t is going on all over the place, hang in there ESH we can still SEE you so keep talking!

Oh what a revolting creature! And hmmm.... the smell again, makes you think don't it? Wonder if there has ever been any studies done on serial rapists/murderers having stronger than normal body odours/unusual body odours? :thinking: Thanks Annalise.

Yeah, it likely theyre foul individuals to begin with or else they wouldn't be raping !
Probably body odor from running or walking distances whilst casing the area .
If the perpetrators are spending hours at night stalking , hiding in bushes, crawling in gardens , under houses , drinking alcohol, drugging & dehydrated they are going to be smelly .
It just goes with the territory.
Besides, dogs dont bark at animalistic smelling people so much, as far as i know.
Apparently dogs didnt bark much at the ear / ons /gsk rapist murderer who was reportedly smelly.
Perhaps its a tactic the perpetrators use so dogs keep quieter ???

What's that? What am I doing with Patrick Swayze??? That Dirty Dancing thing and with zebra stripes? Am I in a onesie perhaps? I think I had this dream a few nights back....:) Sorry you're having problems, like I said before, some weird s**t is going on all over the place, hang in there ESH we can still SEE you so keep talking!
Baaaaa Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaaa

Yeah, it likely theyre foul individuals to begin with or else they wouldn't be raping !
Probably body odor from running or walking distances whilst casing the area .
If the perpetrators are spending hours at night stalking , hiding in bushes, crawling in gardens , under houses , drinking alcohol, drugging & dehydrated they are going to be smelly .
It just goes with the territory.
Besides, dogs dont bark at animalistic smelling people so much, as far as i know.
Apparently dogs didnt bark much at the ear / ons /gsk rapist murderer who was reportedly smelly.
Perhaps its a tactic the perpetrators use so dogs keep quieter ???

I'm sensing you are quite angry about this discussion, and that's OK, I can assure you I don't want anyone to become angry in anyway! Just to let you know that not all rapists/murders are smelly drunks and crawling around under houses and bushes. I had a boss who is now doing 10 years for rape and I can tell you he never drank, was beautifully dressed every day, was CEO of an organisation, family man, 2 beautiful daughters. If BRE is the CSK he wouldn't have presented as a smelly drunk. And who said anything about a dog barking at people? This is just a discussion about the possibility of detection via the sense of smell, and it would seem there are many examples of it from the posts. Ted Bundy was a very intelligent and well educated man who presented as a sophisticated and suave academic, but there's that smell mentioned again in a previous post.

But thanks for your post, we all are entitled to contribute here and hopefully all opinions will be respected. :seeya:

As I have said previously ......I do pay my absolute respect to the women & their families who are the victims of our discussions.

I'm sensing you are quite angry about this discussion, and that's OK, I can assure you I don't want anyone to become angry in anyway! Just to let you know that not all rapists/murders are smelly drunks and crawling around under houses and bushes. I had a boss who is now doing 10 years for rape and I can tell you he never drank, was beautifully dressed every day, was CEO of an organisation, family man, 2 beautiful daughters. If BRE is the CSK he wouldn't have presented as a smelly drunk. And who said anything about a dog barking at people? This is just a discussion about the possibility of detection via the sense of smell, and it would seem there are many examples of it from the posts. Ted Bundy was a very intelligent and well educated man who presented as a sophisticated and suave academic, but there's that smell mentioned again in a previous post.

But thanks for your post, we all are entitled to contribute here and hopefully all opinions will be respected. :seeya:

It will be interesting to hear if Kimono witness states alcohol on breath of window home invader who carried out sexual assault.

I'm sensing you are quite happy about this discussion, and that's OK .

"But thanks for your post, we all are entitled to contribute here and hopefully all opinions will be respected. :seeya:"

I do apologise Sleuthers... .so many of my posts or parts of my posts are missing. Still not sure why?

I'm having problems as well my screen went Blue and yellow and some of my posts disappeared or I was edited out. Trouble is now I can't remember what I said

Being blindfolded or hood thrown over head, How could one be 100 percent sure they were thrown into a commercial vehicle? Not to mention the raw fear and adrenalin plus disorientation.....just my thoughts....
None of the earliest reports called it a commercial van.
It was called a "panel van".

"The Rimmer Mystery. Fears confirmed:Victim" The West Australian 11Jun96.
"she was abducted near Rowe Park on Gugeri St by a man driving a light coloured panel van"

"The Glennon Mystery. Chill Hits with new chapter in Crime" The West Australian 22Mar97 "her assailant was driving a light coloured panel van and was described as being 183cm tall, of medium to solid build with brown collar length hair"

Well look what I found! Now I think this is VERY interesting folks. It's very scientific and there's lots of stuff in this about hair analysis (Janwa, you'll love it), bacteria, but lookie lookie, whatdayaknow, maybe the old Lamp has got some light still in her wick!

https://contemporaryproductsolution...d-Crime-solving-bacteria-and-body-ordor-2.pdf

Quote from abovementioned scientific article:

"SCENT OF A HUMAN"
"In some cases, the barest traces of odor - a few chemicals wafting in the air - may implicate a perp. Living or dead, people may leave behind a telltale scent...."

(Sorry, I'm having trouble copy and pasting the article, but it really is worth a read. Scroll down to last bits of page 4 and then page 5 and you'll see all the really amazing discoveries about scent, BUT I have to type this bit in as I'm truly AMAZED how close I was when I said about a new DNA type test for body odour!! )

BBM
"Just the chemicals wafting off people's bodies can distinguish them from others, Furton's lab reported in 2013 in Forensic Science International. ... then the researchers analysed odor compounds hovering in the air above the samples with a mass spectrometer."... Furton's team found that each person's sample gave off a distinguishing chemical blend. It's almost like a human bar code," Furton says.....

Like I said, who knew? Certainly NOT me! Guess I'm not so dumb after all!

PS Takes a few seconds to load as it's a PDF of several pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members