Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems as well my screen went Blue and yellow and some of my posts disappeared or I was edited out. Trouble is now I can't remember what I said

Yep I've had things leaping about, not loading properly, dropping me off the site. Hmm....but haven't lost any posts or been edited. Hope it settles down, not fun.

Yep I've had things leaping about, not loading properly, dropping me off the site. Hmm....but haven't lost any posts or been edited. Hope it settles down, not fun.
So glad to hear it wasn't just me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What's that? What am I doing with Patrick Swayze??? That Dirty Dancing thing and with zebra stripes? Am I in a onesie perhaps? I think I had this dream a few nights back....:) Sorry you're having problems, like I said before, some weird s**t is going on all over the place, hang in there ESH we can still SEE you so keep talking!

Great to have you back onboard Lampy with your wealth of knowledge and good humour.

With respect, onesies and dirty dancing not really suited to this forum. Any chance we can keep on topic - the above post is better for forums such as FB, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://contemporaryproductsolution...d-Crime-solving-bacteria-and-body-ordor-2.pdf

Quote from abovementioned scientific article:

"SCENT OF A HUMAN"
"In some cases, the barest traces of odor - a few chemicals wafting in the air - may implicate a perp. Living or dead, people may leave behind a telltale scent”.

Hi lampformypath - well done finding this information! Although for some reason I’m sitting here scratching myself 😬 How interesting is the “human barcode” explanation. So there might be something in some serial killers having a bad odour. I have found quite a few other mentions of serial killers with odours but thought I had better not post any more😳

Serial killers will probably now start scrubbing themselves with a wire brush and dettol or carry a can of Glen 20 around with them to kill off bacteria!

Love what you said about dogs helping people. I’m a dog lover myself. It is amazing how they can help people with disabilities or illnesses. Perhaps they will be used in detecting people’s odours to solve crimes. MOO

Well look what I found! Now I think this is VERY interesting folks. It's very scientific and there's lots of stuff in this about hair analysis (Janwa, you'll love it), bacteria, but lookie lookie, whatdayaknow, maybe the old Lamp has got some light still in her wick!

https://contemporaryproductsolution...d-Crime-solving-bacteria-and-body-ordor-2.pdf

"SCENT OF A HUMAN"
"In some cases, the barest traces of odor - a few chemicals wafting in the air - may implicate a perp. Living or dead, people may leave behind a telltale scent...."
(Sorry, I'm having trouble copy and pasting the article, but it really is worth a read. Scroll down to last bits of page 4 and then page 5 and you'll see all the really amazing discoveries about scent, BUT I have to type this bit in as I'm truly AMAZED how close I was when I said about a new DNA type test for body odour!! )
BBM
"Just the chemicals wafting off people's bodies can distinguish them from others, Furton's lab reported in 2013 in Forensic Science International. ... then the researchers analysed odor compounds hovering in the air above the samples with a mass spectrometer."... Furton's team found that each person's sample gave off a distinguishing chemical blend. It's almost like a human bar code," Furton says.....
Like I said, who knew? Certainly NOT me! Guess I'm not so dumb after all!
PS Takes a few seconds to load as it's a PDF of several pages

Lamp you have been busy the positive being a possible new crime tool the negative being used as a form of selection or exclusion. Imagine being refused entry because you don't smell right.

Well look what I found! Now I think this is VERY interesting folks. It's very scientific and there's lots of stuff in this about hair analysis (Janwa, you'll love it), bacteria, but lookie lookie, whatdayaknow, maybe the old Lamp has got some light still in her wick!

"SCENT OF A HUMAN"
"In some cases, the barest traces of odor - a few chemicals wafting in the air - may implicate a perp. Living or dead, people may leave behind a telltale scent...."

(Sorry, I'm having trouble copy and pasting the article, but it really is worth a read. Scroll down to last bits of page 4 and then page 5 and you'll see all the really amazing discoveries about scent, BUT I have to type this bit in as I'm truly AMAZED how close I was when I said about a new DNA type test for body odour!! )

BBM
"Just the chemicals wafting off people's bodies can distinguish them from others, Furton's lab reported in 2013 in Forensic Science International. ... then the researchers analysed odor compounds hovering in the air above the samples with a mass spectrometer."... Furton's team found that each person's sample gave off a distinguishing chemical blend. It's almost like a human bar code," Furton says.....

Like I said, who knew? Certainly NOT me! Guess I'm not so dumb after all!

PS Takes a few seconds to load as it's a PDF of several pages

No way you're dumb!
You're really BRIGHT Lampy!

:drumroll::drumroll::drumroll:

ESH and Lampy - I've been busy spooking elsewhere tonight.
So am innocent!
If I am innocent - therefore I must smell good!

Sorry your devices are weirding out. Mine were too recently.

On a more serious note - I can't imagine any PhD candidate jumping at the chance to research body odour in serious criminals and SK's! pee-eeeewwww
That's up there with the world's worst jobs!

Something is on the nose with the way this going , BRE , school nickname Bogsy

If thats not a foul sounding nickname i dont know what is

Eu De Cologne , The French Connection , Gene Hack man

Scent of a Woman , Al Pacino , AP , Athletic President , were we blind

Its all becoming clear now , the scent of the trail is as clear as mud

Agree but being abducted, thrown onto the largish flat floor of any car and hearing a different kind of door go down, one could be excused for believing it to have been a commercial vehicle. Lots of references to a commercial vehicle or van previously but since the arrest I'm seeing more MSM articles now referring only to a "vehicle".

I have a suspicion it might have been the Camry. Open mind though.

Yes, I have wondered about the Camry. I think early reports referred to a panel van, the shape of which could be mistaken for the Camry based on the images we've seen. It depends on what she based her judgement that it was a panel van (and obviously accuracy of reporting).

I completely agree about the fear and adrenaline having an impact. Not to mention it'a hard to know on what she focused her attention (him, environment, getting away etc).

I'm not convinced they have linked the Camry to anything yet (I know you're not saying they have). I figured that the Camry is a vehicle BRE either owned or had access to at some point and they just want to check it.

Not going to scroll back to quote, too lazy 😁 but...
It is correct that the KK victim would not had her rape kit sampling done at Hollywood Hospital. Hollywood is a private hospital. Sampling if a sensitive nature such as rape is usually done at the large public hospitals with emergency centres under police supervision.

Haha nope!
He was so quiet she didn’t even know who he was when they arrested him. He looked vaguely familiar to me - I think I’d noticed him at Belmont Forum or walking around the lake because he looks similar to someone else I know, and looked twice at him before realizing he wasn’t who I thought he was. For a year I lived around the corner from him and overlooking Tomato Lake, so I’d often see the same local people around.

I know the area well and spent 6-7 years from 2003 working in Belmont (and surrounds) as a service tech so was on the road every day. Often ate lunch or breaky at tomato lake from the little cafe there. Vaguely remember seeing a Telstra vehicle / the accused there often but it was a popular spot for lunch with local tradies, sales reps etc so it may not specifically have been him and it could be my mind playing tricks on me. If anything I recall seeing it at the other entrance, off President st I think. Much smaller and dodgier car park.

The company I worked for was actually a sponsor of the Belmont little athletics so it is possible we crossed paths and that’s where I recognize him from, but I don’t recall him vividly enough to be sure and not sure he would have been involved at fundraising level.

The house on the other hand, when I saw the address listed I straight away had an image in my mind of which house in Acton ave it was. Worst house in the street. (Well, on that section of Acton ave anyway). Drove past it nearly every day for 7 years.

Not going to scroll back to quote, too lazy  but...
It is correct that the KK victim would not had her rape kit sampling done at Hollywood Hospital. Hollywood is a private hospital. Sampling if a sensitive nature such as rape is usually done at the large public hospitals with emergency centres under police supervision.

The car was driven about a kilometre away to Karrakatta Cemetery where she was raped, police allege.

Police say the distraught woman then ran to a pharmacy at a nearby hospital, believed to be the Hollywood Private Hospital, where staff arranged for tests to be conducted.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/alleged-rape-victim-attends-court-appearance-ng-b88429529z

Hi lampformypath - well done finding this information! Although for some reason I’m sitting here scratching myself  How interesting is the “human barcode” explanation. So there might be something in some serial killers having a bad odour. I have found quite a few other mentions of serial killers with odours but thought I had better not post any more

Serial killers will probably now start scrubbing themselves with a wire brush and dettol or carry a can of Glen 20 around with them to kill off bacteria!

Love what you said about dogs helping people. I’m a dog lover myself. It is amazing how they can help people with disabilities or illnesses. Perhaps they will be used in detecting people’s odours to solve crimes. MOO

Thanks Annalise! Yes it will be interesting to watch what happens with crime detection in the future and canines, fascinating hey? I was particularly intrigued by the hand swab idea and the fact that this picks up the "scent", now THAT I could see happening in the very near future. Won't matter how much they scrub, it's like fingerprint, won't wash off as the minute you start to sweat (and I think perps tend to sweat a bit!) back all the lovely "code" comes, well that's how I interpret it. :)

Lamp you have been busy the positive being a possible new crime tool the negative being used as a form of selection or exclusion. Imagine being refused entry because you don't smell right.

Hey Janwa, never thought of "exclusion" because of smell. Hmmm... that's a worry. But I don't think that would be an problem. I think it's like fingerprinting, purely for crime detection. And as I mentioned in my previous post, I think it's going to be a hand swab job (now that doesn't sound nice) but you know what I mean. Will be incorporated in a normal collection of DNA, prints, blood sample (in some cases), and then our brand new one, hand swab to collect "human coding" or whatever they'll call it. Maybe it will be called a "HS" sample (Hormone Secretion) as it's coming from sweat glands. Yuch! Hey CSK, don't sweat it!!

This thread is on the nose!
[emoji849][emoji1359][emoji23]

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

ESH and Lampy - I've been busy spooking elsewhere tonight.
So am innocent!
If I am innocent - therefore I must smell good!

Sorry your devices are weirding out. Mine were too recently.

On a more serious note - I can't imagine any PhD candidate jumping at the chance to research body odour in serious criminals and SK's! pee-eeeewwww
That's up there with the world's worst jobs!

I'm sure you smell like a rose Spooks and glad you're back haunting us again. Hate to tell you Spooks but think there might be quite a few PhDs lining up to do this research. There's always analysing the Bowel Sample kits they send out, now that's not a nice job (no comment!) but somebody has to do it, and it saves thousands of lives every year. Crime detection is a dirty business by necessity. And thanks for saying I'm not dumb. Have issues with that, goes way back, like it does I'm sure for so many of us, but that is NOT a subject for this forum, of course! :happydance:

I'm sure you smell like a rose Spooks and glad you're back haunting us again. Hate to tell you Spooks but think there might be quite a few PhDs lining up to do this research. There's always analysing the Bowel Sample kits they send out, now that's not a nice job (no comment!) but somebody has to do it, and it saves thousands of lives every year. Crime detection is a dirty business by necessity. And thanks for saying I'm not dumb. Have issues with that, goes way back, like it does I'm sure for so many of us, but that is NOT a subject for this forum, of course! :happydance:

Come on Lampy you will scare everyone off with your talk of bowel sampling kits - happy dance!

Article re SSR mentioning a face scratch - wonder if they have they have matched the DNA?

defb6e968e295b9e72a34fb35bd7e041.jpg

Do they say where the face scratch is? Uh oh! Good find *breaks into two finger fairy clap*

No close up of the identikit? 175cm tall. Not him.

Article re SSR mentioning a face scratch - wonder if they have they have matched the DNA?

cache.php

I know the area well and spent 6-7 years from 2003 working in Belmont (and surrounds) as a service tech so was on the road every day. Often ate lunch or breaky at tomato lake from the little cafe there. Vaguely remember seeing a Telstra vehicle / the accused there often but it was a popular spot for lunch with local tradies, sales reps etc so it may not specifically have been him and it could be my mind playing tricks on me. If anything I recall seeing it at the other entrance, off President st I think. Much smaller and dodgier car park.

The company I worked for was actually a sponsor of the Belmont little athletics so it is possible we crossed paths and that’s where I recognize him from, but I don’t recall him vividly enough to be sure and not sure he would have been involved at fundraising level.

The house on the other hand, when I saw the address listed I straight away had an image in my mind of which house in Acton ave it was. Worst house in the street. (Well, on that section of Acton ave anyway). Drove past it nearly every day for 7 years.

Did you notice any strange smells/ghosts/large men in kimonos while you were eating lunch? Where you ever in the area on verge collection day? I think we are on to something here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413