Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]One man who has known the 48-year-old since the early 1990s struggled to take in the allegations.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“He is always very quiet ... but he is quite friendly,” the man, who did not want to be named, said. “He never tells anyone anything about anything that he’s doing.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Another said: “For those of us who do know him, everyone is just stunned and shocked and that is all we can say”.

So it seems not only is his online footprint pretty non existent but his real life was kept pretty secretive, even from friends.[/FONT]

Just based on his ebay purchases, he bought one of these (albeit an imitation copy).
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardMega

I'm even totally sure what that is some sort of micro controller.

other purchases seem to be electronic gadgets, GPS gear, LED lights, stamps. DVD's, PC games, and gifts for his daughter. He comes across as quite geeky into gaming, tech, computers, electronics. Gives an idea into level of IQ-it's not your normal PC user purchase. Also the amount of FB likes re computers MSY etc tells me he was highly tech savvy.

Regarding his backyard-looks fairly standard to me nothing in it. What's more important is the inside of the house but even that's not really important. I did wonder if he was mowing the lawns at the previous residence which I believe was 28 Challenger rd, madora bay. NB there is some sort of manhole at the nature strip of that property that seems to ungone excavations.
Is that what they call a raspberry pie

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]One man who has known the 48-year-old since the early 1990s struggled to take in the allegations.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“He is always very quiet ... but he is quite friendly,” the man, who did not want to be named, said. “He never tells anyone anything about anything that he’s doing.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Another said: “For those of us who do know him, everyone is just stunned and shocked and that is all we can say”.

So it seems not only is his online footprint pretty non existent but his real life was kept pretty secretive, even from friends.[/FONT]

lol what was he going to tell his friends "hey I killed a couple of people"

I would like to hear what his brother has to say, that would provide a better insight.

Just based on his ebay purchases, he bought one of these (albeit an imitation copy).
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardMega

I'm even totally sure what that is some sort of micro controller.

other purchases seem to be electronic gadgets, GPS gear, LED lights, stamps. DVD's, PC games, and gifts for his daughter. He comes across as quite geeky into gaming, tech, computers, electronics. Gives an idea into level of IQ-it's not your normal PC user purchase. Also the amount of FB likes re computers MSY etc tells me he was highly tech savvy.

Regarding his backyard-looks fairly standard to me nothing in it. What's more important is the inside of the house but even that's not really important. I did wonder if he was mowing the lawns at the previous residence which I believe was 28 Challenger rd, madora bay. NB there is some sort of manhole at the nature strip of that property that seems to ungone excavations.

chal.JPG yes at the front verge

Hi everyone – first time poster, long time lurker. I must say, as far as internet forums go, you should all be congratulated for the quality of discussion here; especially in light of the sensitivities to victims and the legal issues.

I was right in the middle of this in the 90’s and like most people who were, it’s hard to drive past the corner of Bayview terrace and Stirling Hwy without thinking about those girls and their families.

Things have no-doubt changed since those days but I can remember the mini eras within the era where a certain pub would enjoy its time as the ‘in place’. There was the Brewery Ale House, Steve’s in Nedlands (for the Sunday sesh), The Seaview in Freo, The OBH and then The Cott – these were some that I remember as being hot for a while and then going cold for whatever reason. I think the population of prospective punters in the Western and inner city suburbs was smaller than now and they tended to rove and cluster en masse. The crew in the Northern suburbs, south of the river and up in the hills seemed to be doing the same migratory pattern within their own areas.

The Conti, for an 18-24 month period, was most definitely the place to be. A mate and I went there what seemed like every Saturday night during that period because, of course, it’s where the girls were. He met his wife there and I met a lady or two. I’ve read the theories about girls from these neighborhoods being more sheltered and naive and that doesn’t gel 100% with my experience; although I did sense that they were more open and perhaps had less defences to starting a conversation with someone they didn’t know – it was a kind of confidence. I grew up in the bush and wasn’t part of their little private school club by any means yet had less problems initiating conversations there than I would have somewhere in the outer suburbs. But all-in-all it was less of a meat-market environment than most pubs and nightclubs I’d experienced.

The spooky thing for me, looking back, is how much I fit the profile. I was mostly single, drove a white car, about 184cm tall, solid build and with black hair. (I’ve looked at the footage of MM and peered closely at the stills and am almost certain it’s not me…almost, which shows how crap the footage is if I can’t be 100% about the back of my own scone) I don’t recall meeting any of the victims, although CG has a very familiar face to me. I never crossed paths with the police so maybe I wasn’t at the venue on the nights the girls went missing or perhaps my DNA was picked up in the fake breathalysers and I was excluded that way, who knows?

The scene seemed to come to a screeching halt after CG went missing. Up until then the disappearance of the first two girls didn’t seem to alter people’s behavior too much. But I can remember going there after the last abduction and it felt like a ghost town.

Sorry if that reads like a ramble that adds nothing to the sleuthing but I figured some might like a more detailed background picture of the era.
I do have something to speculate on though. It relates to why the CSK appeared to stop. It seems that phone booths, in one way or another, were part of his MO. In the mid-late 90’s everyone got mobile phones. So the need to go the phone booth to get a taxi would have declined sharply.

The other thing that strikes me from that era, was that there was ‘one in every group’. Every different group of friends I knew had this ‘one guy’, who was a bit creepy etc that we had our doubts about. We had one on the periphery of our group - just a bit off in the way he related to and talked about women. Assuming WAPOL are on the money this time, I’m thankful it wasn’t him.

You're right there is always one standout weirdo in every group in this case though 2. But what of Romuald Zac has anyone given any thought to how he may fit in this new scenario.

Hi, I'm a newbie here, but have read all eight threads with some rapidity, recently. Am between the victims in age, though thought I was too cool to go to the Conti in mid/late 90s : ) Interested in how much you all can dig up(!)
It may well in an innocent chap on BigFooty p10, p88 who is a WCE supporter and with the same four letter name as BE with a few too many 'e's and who lied about his age. But the first two posts are creepy. (The second one is about screams from the adjacent underground carpark, though of course Claremont Quarter wasn't there, but Coles carpark was.

<modsnip>

Websleuths policy is to not bring race, religion, orientation, etc into the mix until/unless there is a known fact which indicates it is germane to the case.

Posts about race have been removed.

:wave:

Do you know what pub she might have went to that night?

I think she may have been an early CSK victim. Do you know if there was any history of violence between her and either of the two European boyfriends?

Sorry to throw questions at you. She seems like a lovely, fun girl. I hope she is found.

No, I'd already traveled to the UK before that night and didn't know her boyfriends. But I can't imagine a disgruntled boyfriend doing this. Perhaps she was the 'western' victim - I guess all will be revealed.

lol what was he going to tell his friends "hey I killed a couple of people"

I would like to hear what his brother has to say, that would provide a better insight.

Good point. If, as most people think, that he has more victims, how could his family not suspect he is up to something? But then as one previous person mentioned, just take for example Peter Sutcliffe, who's wife and family had no idea about the crimes he was committing. Still, if guilty it will be interesting to hear what his family have to say.

And yet Ridgeway is amongst the most prolific of all serial killers. Much of that success would be due to the type of women he preyed upon, prostitutes/transients working the SeaTac strip. Gacy also apparently picked up many of his victims from bus terminals and other places where he could find 'lost youths'. When he preyed on someone that someone cared about he got caught.

The sad truth perhaps is that the social status of the victims is one of the greatest indicators of a serial killers ability to be successful. How many times have we heard that friends or relatives of working girls or transients tried to report them missing only to be told they'd probably run away with their boyfriend?

Much of the aura of the CSK is that his victims were seen as 'good' girls. At some level we're not surprised when hookers go missing in Midland or Northbridge, but middle class girls that go missing in Claremont! That apparently is beyond the pale.
It adds to the intrigue as we find it harder to distance ourselves from the vics and convince ourselves that it could never happen to us or a family member

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Serial killers having a high IQ is actually some what of a myth, there have been serial killers with extremely high & low IQ's and everything in between. The image of the evil genius serial killer is mostly a Hollywood invention. Real serial killers generally do not possess unique or exceptional intellectual skills. The reality is that most serial killers who have had their IQ tested score between borderline and above average intelligence. This is very consistent with the general population. Contrary to mythology, it is not high intelligence that makes serial killers successful. Instead, it is obsession, meticulous planning and a cold-blooded, often psychopathic personality that enable serial killers to operate over long periods of time without detection.

Gary Ridgeway is a perfect example of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ab3a886dcefe14c134d1517943ebd121.jpg

Apologies if this is not allowed

This necklace does look similar to one of the missing items

*screenshot from a YouTube video*

Apologies if this is not allowed

This necklace does look similar to one of the missing items

*screenshot from a YouTube video*

interesting. it actually looks like both items joined together (silver claddagh brooch and golden sunflower keyring). Edit you should probably snip the face otherwise it will be modded, and worth sending to wapol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99