Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I gather it's a shop for screen printers to get their supply of ink/paint and equipment from.

The people I am interested in would no where to access what was needed , they were into the arts and craft thing , but thanks for trying

Can't remember the sleuth on here who posted a link re : CGE family member/relatives in printing. Won an award. Sorry for vagueness. Will go on the hunt for specifics.

Ok , assume that is his wife , I wont rule out his connection just yet , thanks

Government Rd backs onto the cemetery.
Possibly he just used what was handy, and grabbed the line from the bin outside number 14.
Anyone know which road she was abducted from?

The*Post*also reports that new evidence shows this victim*was tied up with washing line, not telephone wire as previously reported, and that the line was "impregnated with material used in screen printing"
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/c...w-clues-on-murderers-car-20151204-glfnot.html

Excellent , I will read it when my head I clearer .... but if you printed it yourself you may hang it over a washing line to dry , a the chemicals would be on the line ... not how a professional would do it ... Thanks

Possibly he just used what was handy, and grabbed the line from the bin outside number 14.

Near the Claremont subway / Rowe Park I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowe Park.
OK, so where did he park the car before taking her into the cemetery?
Near 14 Government Rd?
Did he tie her up before or after he got there?
5426e0df34fd0f9c5ec1b4a874bd29d5.jpg

Rowe Park.
Near 14 Government Rd?

I have read that the KK victim was tied to a tree in KK.

Apologies it is late and I haven't got the link.

Rowe Park.
Near 14 Government Rd?

There is a large council depo at one end of Government Rd (I think near no 14) - it is possible that Telstra conducted work from this depo??

There is a large council depo at one end of Government Rd (I think near no 14) - it is possible that Telstra conducted work from this depo??

Maybe a customer of the screen printing supply business dumped their rubbish in a commercial bin, and opportunity was that in that bin was this very washing line?

Or someone used that disused building at number 60 to do some screen printing before it fell out of use. Maybe some amateur art class. Maybe CSK had something to do with that and kept the keys?

Sloofski posted pictures of number 60 and the area at post #1572 page 105 of this thread. Tiff posted the original article from the post mentioning the business in thread #12 post #214.

I have read that the KK victim was tied to a tree in KK.

Apologies it is late and I haven't got the link.

Hey, Spin. I've never read this anywhere, and I have most articles before 2016 indexed.

I'd love to find this. Do you remember if you read it at the time of the offense (pre 2000) or if it was a more recent article?

Hey, Spin. I've never read this anywhere, and I have most articles before 2016 indexed.

I'd love to find this. Do you remember if you read it at the time of the offense (pre 2000) or if it was a more recent article?

I'll try and find it Sutton.

The woman who was allegedly abducted and raped by the accused Claremont serial killer summoned the courage to face her alleged attacker yesterday as he appeared in court.
Twenty-two years after the woman was allegedly abducted from a Claremont street, she sat in the front row of the Stirling Gardens Magistrate’s Court’s packed public gallery as Bradley Robert Edwards appeared on the video-link screen from Hakea prison.
The woman watched on with members of her family as Mr Edwards made his third court appearance since his dramatic arrest three months ago.
Police say the woman, who was 17 years old at the time, was walking through Rowe Park in Claremont when she was restrained and forced into a vehicle in the early hours of February 12, 1995.
The car was driven about a kilometre away to Karrakatta Cemetery where she was raped, police allege.
Police say the distraught woman then ran to a pharmacy at a nearby hospital, believed to be the Hollywood Private Hospital, where staff arranged for tests to be conducted.
Mr Edwards wore prison greens and glasses and spoke only to confirm his name and to indicate he understood eight charges as they were read to him by magistrate Danielle Davies.
Those charges included the wilful murder of two of the Claremont victims, Jane Rimmer, 23, and Ciara Glennon, 27.
He is also charged with a sex attack in 1988, when it is alleged he restrained an 18-year-old Huntingdale woman and indecently assaulted her as she slept.
Police say the woman screamed and the alleged intruder fled the home.
Mr Edwards did not enter pleas to any of the charges at his latest appearance and prosecutor Carmel Barbagallo requested the matter be adjourned for seven months.
The 48-year-old Telstra worker has not been charged in relation to the disappearance of Sarah Spiers, an 18-year-old secretary who vanished in the early hours of January 27, 1996, after a night out in Claremont.
While the bodies of Ms Rimmer and Ms Glennon were discovered dumped at opposite ends of Perth in the weeks and months after their abductions from the popular western suburbs nightspot, Ms Spiers’ remains have never been found.
Police say the investigation into her disappearance and suspected murder is continuing.
Mr Edwards was arrested on December 22 at his home in Kewdale during an early morning raid led by heavily armed officers from the tactical response group.
He is due to appear in court again on October 25.
The Claremont serial killer investigation is understood to have been the most expensive inquiry conducted by WA Police.

I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere around Government Rd turns out to be the primary crime scene. It looks remote, has no houses, rubbish bins everywhere, laneways, unused buildings, directly opposite the cemetery with entry points for vehicles and a low fence. Note someone had to go to the extent of painting on their bin not for public
c03fa8e19d128d52a4304d9ce8385619.jpg
e69a295e0e29c381f5c42e0406907469.jpg
a05f50ada177b764bdf76db77ccf8bc4.jpg
693b6c82f38f35e7892751702cbf582d.jpg
6c3222d838998e25313338f60e272538.jpg

There is also a direct view from inside KK to the entrance of the nursery centre where JR worked (government rd entrance).

There is also a direct view from inside KK to the entrance of the nursery centre where JR worked (government rd entrance).

The nursery? Is that the one next door to this laneway (with the shade sails)?
6c6e1fbdb6ce8ab3a0468ab4e0f2c6fe.jpg
34d57af50c5f3f5023f75a68ef803862.jpg

And this is the view across the street from that
91c9acaa60a1e8a81a4fad77eff42fe7.jpg

Hi yes this is the day care centre with he shade sails. The reason for the writing on the bins is because locally people go and dump their rubbish on the verge of the cemetery on govt road..bit wrong!

I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere around Government Rd turns out to be the primary crime scene. It looks remote, has no houses, rubbish bins everywhere, laneways, unused buildings, directly opposite the cemetery with entry points for vehicles and a low fence. Note someone had to go to the extent of painting on their bin not for public
c03fa8e19d128d52a4304d9ce8385619.jpg
e69a295e0e29c381f5c42e0406907469.jpg
a05f50ada177b764bdf76db77ccf8bc4.jpg
693b6c82f38f35e7892751702cbf582d.jpg
6c3222d838998e25313338f60e272538.jpg

Pete, you think Govt Rd/Karrakatta is his primary comfort zone, rather than Claremont itself?

So THIS is new ... The Australian's report by Paige Taylor about BRE's court appearance - should we make anything of the first par and third-last pars about the victims not being random?

----

The technician charged over two of the three Claremont serial killings has opted to delay his plea, a week after a detective told a separate court that the victims were not killed randomly.

Bradley Robert Edwards, 48, appeared yesterday at a special early sitting of the WA Supreme Court by video link from Hakea maximum-security prison.

The former Telstra technician spoke only to confirm his name and say he understood the eight charges read out against him. He is charged with murdering 23-year-old childcare worker Jane Rimmer in 1996 and 27-year-old lawyer Ciara Glennon in 1997.

The two women were last seen in Claremont. There are no charges against Mr Edwards in relation to the disappearance of Sarah Spiers, 18, long regarded by police as the first victim in the Claremont serial killings. *Spiers has never been found.

Police have said little about the case since heavily armed officers stormed the house Mr Edwards shared with his adult stepdaughter on December 22.

But in a separate court case last Tuesday, Detective Sergeant Ian Moore of the Major Crime Squad was giving evidence in a defamation trial brought by barrister Lloyd Rayney when he was asked by Mr Rayney’s lawyer Martin Bennett: “Do you accept that the Claremont serial killer killings were random attacks — the only thing linking Sarah *Spiers, Jane Rimmer, Ciara Glennon being an attendance in *Claremont?”

Sergeant Moore replied that he did not accept that: “I have knowledge of that particular job that I can’t particularly enlighten the court about and those — no, I can’t accept that proposition.”

Mr Edwards is due to return to court in October.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member