Australia - Elizabeth Struhs, 8, died when parents refuse diabetes meds, Toowoomba QLD, Jan 7 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Eloise

Reaction score
Girl, 8, who was allegedly tortured and murdered by her parents - as her shattered eldest sister breaks her silence: 'No other family should have to endure this'

Kerrie Elizabeth Struhs and Jason Richard Struhs: Man, woman charged with murder, torture of child

Elizabeth Rose Struhs, 8, was found dead at her home in Toowoomba, Queensland, after her parents allegedly stopped giving her vital type 1 diabetes medication.

Mother of eight Kerrie, 46, and father Jason, 50, instead allegedly prayed over the child at their home-based church.

They have now been charged with murder, torture and failing to provide the necessities of life for the youngster.

edit. the latter article has a paywall. The reason I linked it was primarily to add the details that the family was already known to child protective services.

The girl’s death has raised serious questions about how closely the Queensland Department of Child, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs and the Child Safety Service was monitoring the family.

While sources inside the Queensland Police Service and Department of Justice have said both the accused and Elizabeth were well known to authorities, the Child Safety Service has refused to comment on its role.

“The death of any child is an absolute tragedy, and our sympathies go out to those who are affected by this recent loss,” a spokeswoman said.

“Under the provisions of the Child Protection Act the department is unable to disclose whether an individual or family is known or not known to child protection.”

Toowoomba South MP and Queensland deputy leader of the LNP David Janetzki lives near the home where the girl’s body was discovered and has called for answers.

Sister’s beautiful promise after 8yo girl killed

Last edited:
Former Queensland Police crime scenes officer Rachel Doljanin testified on Friday that she was tasked with taking photos at the Struhs family's home in the Toowoomba suburb of Rangeville.
1720785469570.jpeg
"I observed a group of people gathered in the front yard ... some of those people were singing and I could hear a guitar playing," Ms Doljanin said.

Ms Doljanin explained to Justice Martin Burns what was depicted in dozens of her photos, including of Elizabeth's body as she lay on her back on a mattress on the floor with hands placed together on her chest.

Other photos showed handwritten posters in the home stating "she is only sleeping" and "God will heal Elizabeth no matter what".

Her father, Jason Struhs, 52, was charged with her murder, along with the leader of an Australian religious group known as the “Saints” to which the family belonged, Brendan Stevens, 62. The girl’s mother, Kerrie Struhs, 49, and brother Zachary Struhs, 21, alongside several other members of the religious group were also charged with manslaughter in her death, according to the BBC.

*Diabetes experts have given evidence at the trial of a religious group, charged with the murder and manslaughter of an eight-year-old girl Toowoomba girl. Nurses and doctors who treated the type-1 diabetic in a previous instance of neglect have told a supreme court judge she was the sickest child they had ever seen

*A clinician who treated Elizabeth Struhs for an earlier episode of Diabetic Ketoacidosis has told a court the girl was "the most seriously unwell child" she had seen in 20 years practising.

In a recorded interview with Detective Sergeant Eugene Waugh, Mr Struhs said Elizabeth became "real bad really quick, she was non-responsive and could barely keep her eyes open".

Asked in the interview why it took so long to take Elizabeth to hospital, Mr Struhs referred to his wife's religious beliefs.

"She would say 'God is going to heal her' and I'd say, 'I don't think so,'" Mr Struhs was recorded saying.

"This is the first time it's ever come to this situation where I have had to do it [take her to hospital] and not worry about it," Mr Struhs said

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100
Back