GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he thinks we can all be as easily fooled as the parol board..... Please is he for real!

He's going to say the murder was manslaughter because he didn't mean to kill her. Too bad. That's felony murder because the death was a result of a crime which carries the possibility of a sentence for 10 years or more so that's still life. He's wasting everyone's time with semantics.

Details here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #5

predicted this a while back - he makes me sick. Heart breaking for Meagher/McKeon family, the new footage of him chasing her makes me want to vomit.

Also, how did his defence say that he killed Jill as she was the only witness to his murder, then allow him to plead not guilty to murder? That is intent, I don't understand. Or what this the prosecutor stating the reason for murder?

I cannot believe that swine said he was trying to 'help' her because she looked lost - is that why he bolted down the street after her? No doubt he was pissed off when she palmed him off. IF ONLY she had stayed put....the IF's would be unbearable for her family.

It's so frustrating and heartbreaking to see the timeline of that night:
1:30am: Jill leaves bar
1:38am: Jill allegedly grabbed by AB (how did they come up with this exact minute?)
1:40-1:45am: Neighbours hear yelling from laneway
2.00am: Tom tries calling Jill's phone
4:00am: Tom starts searching for Jill
4:22am: AB allegedly returns to scene with shovel
4:26am: Car allegedly drives off with body
6:00am: Tom reports Jill missing

Tom was so close the whole time :( It just doesn't bear thinking about.

If anything good comes from this, it will be that our legal system WILL TAKE RAPE SERIOUSLY and give HARSH SENTENCES to these monsters! No more slaps on the wrist! We can protest violence against women and it starts with our legal system taking these crimes seriously! THIS COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED!

This video (posted above) is from Crust Pizza at 1.36am, then at 1.37am he is shown running after her. Then a real estate CCTV captures her at 1.38am.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/03/12/19/33/meagher-s-last-moments-caught-on-camera

In his interview with the police, AB says Jill told him about her Dad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...on-amid-new-cctv/story-fnat79vb-1226595890685

DETECTIVE:How did she come to get in the laneway?

BAYLEY:we – we walked past it.

DETECTIVE:yeah

BAYLEY:That far down Hope St. I didn’t take her from the street, or – you know?

DETECTIVE: Yeah and then?

BAYLEY:And we were just talking you know? We weren’t – there was no argument, there was no – it was just talking. And then um …

DETECTIVE:Alright.

BAYLEY:I was just walking ahead of her and we’d already interacted on Sydney Rd, and that’s when she rang her brother. She was actually telling me about her father.

DETECTIVE:Right

He says they walked to the laneway, which I believe is a lie. I think he overheard her talking to her brother about their Dad and tried to make out to detectives that there was a friendly exchange between them. He would have known about the call to the brother (and the details) from the media in the week before they found Jill.

It's so frustrating and heartbreaking to see the timeline of that night:
1:30am: Jill leaves bar
1:38am: Jill allegedly grabbed by AB (how did they come up with this exact time?)
1:40-1:45am: Neighbours hear yelling from laneway
2.00am: Tom tries calling Jill's phone
4:00am: Tom starts searching for Jill
4:22am: AB allegedly returns to scene with shovel
4:26am: Car allegedly drives off with body
6:00am: Tom reports Jill missing

Tom was so close the whole time :( It just doesn't bear thinking about.

If anything good comes from this, it will be that our legal system WILL TAKES RAPE SERIOUSLY and give HARSH SENTENCES to these monsters! Not just a slap on the wrist! We can protest violence against women and it starts with our legal system taking these crimes seriously!
I think the exact timing of 1.38am comes from him 'accosting' her (the word used in court). I think that's the time shown when they first interact on CCTV. The bridal shop footage was at 1.41am, so I think by 'accosted' I don't know if he meant 'grabbed' or 'started the process of abducting her'.

Also, how did his defence say that he killed Jill as she was the only witness to his murder, then allow him to plead not guilty to murder? That is intent, I don't understand. Or what this the prosecutor stating the reason for murder?

I cannot believe that swine said he was trying to 'help' her because she looked lost - is that why he bolted down the street after her? No doubt he was pissed off when she palmed him off. IF ONLY she had stayed put....the IF's would be unbearable for her family.

I totally agree, if only she stayed put, she knew, she knew he was a slime.... That is why she called her brother, knowing Tom most certainly had fallen asleep.
Knowing her brother would be awake due to time difference.
She knew, she felt uncomfortable .

I am devastated she turned down Hope street with him behind her.... in NO way am I blaming Jill, that part of the footage shatters me. She was just rushing home, not far.... Home safe with Tom in no time

This video (posted above) is from Crust Pizza at 1.36am, then at 1.37am he is shown running after her. Then a real estate CCTV captures her at 1.38am.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/03/12/19/33/meagher-s-last-moments-caught-on-camera

In his interview with the police, AB says Jill told him about her Dad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...on-amid-new-cctv/story-fnat79vb-1226595890685

He says they walked to the laneway, which I believe is a lie. I think he overheard her talking to her brother about their Dad and tried to make out to detectives that there was a friendly exchange between them. He would have known about the call to the brother (and the details) from the media in the week before they found Jill.

i agree re the lie, police are also alleging she was dragged into lane and there would be a reason for that.

In that new footage of him running after her, then slowing down a minute later, is this before they interact?....i.e. this is why he is slowing down, to execute his plan of talking to her (possibly telling her someone is following her - the initial footage released).

I bet they didn't release this new footage because they thought he'd believe he was toast and either kill himself or flee as it's so damning. They have left large chunks out about the rape, and now this will all have to be heard in court in front of family - horrendous. I can't imagine what could be more disturbing about the unreleased material from crime than what has already been released. So sad...

Yahoo7 shows footage of Jill's last moments in the bar :(

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/vic/...-cctv-released-of-jill-meaghers-last-moments/

New CCTV released of Jill Meagher's last moments

Court releases new vision of Jill Meagher's last moments as well as Adrian Bayley's movements the same night.

He returned at 4:22am and it is alleged he drove to Gisborne and left Meagher's body on the side of a dirt road.

The court heard that during a 10-hour police interview, Bayley admitted to raping and strangling Meagher, before leading homicide detectives to her body.

Pathologist Matthew Lynch told the court Meagher was found fully clothed and lying on her side.

Dr Lynch told the court she had suffered an "unusual" injury with bruises and haemorrhaging indicating she had been held around the neck with some force and for a long time.

He testified Meagher's ability to resist would have been limited by her level of intoxication.

Bayley sat behind a security screen in the dock flanked by three security officers during the hearing.

Meagher's parents George and Edith McKeon and her brother Michael were in court.

Her husband Tom Meagher was present to hear Bayley admit to raping his wife but burst out of the court room soon after.

Bayley will stand trial in the Supreme Court later this month.

I think the exact timing of 1.38am comes from him 'accosting' her (the word used in court). I think that's the time shown when they first interact on CCTV. The bridal shop footage was at 1.41am, so I think by 'accosted' I don't know if he meant 'grabbed' or 'started the process of abducting her'.
OK, it must've been the wording used by news.com.au that was confusing:

1.38am: Mr Bayley allegedly grabs Ms Meagher and drags her into a nearby laneway off Hope St.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-new...ge/story-fncynjr2-1226595870138#ixzz2NJtS4a9Q

I totally agree, if only she stayed put, she knew, she knew he was a slime.... That is why she called her brother, knowing Tom most certainly had fallen asleep.
Knowing her brother would be awake due to time difference.
She knew, she felt uncomfortable .

I am devastated she turned down Hope street with him behind her.... in NO way am I blaming Jill, that part of the footage shatters me. She was just rushing home, not far.... Home safe with Tom in no time

Yes and at the time I remember reports of the conversation with her brother including her saying that she was worried, and perhaps it was presumed that she meant about her Dad, but IMO she was trying to distract herself after telling Bayley to piss off after he had walked ahead of her....

Mr Meagher and Jill's parents, George and Edith McKeon, and her brother Michael endured a traumatic day listening to graphic evidence in court about her alleged rape and murder as prosecutor Gavin Silbert, SC, outlined the police case against Mr Bayley.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...ays-accused-20130312-2fx8i.html#ixzz2NK4ZYqjM

Much of today's evidence has been suppressed, in reports it repeatedly states he was asked about what he was prepared to have released - why does he get a say in this? It's also obvious that details about how he got her into that lane/what he did has gaps as all that is reported is Jill stating sharply 'get out of there' - I'm sure, unless he knocked her unconscious (which is probable) the witnesses would have heard more than her saying 'get out of there' in a sharp/firm voice.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/bring-back-death-penalty-says-accused-20130312-2fx8i.html

The video in that article is chilling. Watching him walk into a bar with another lady and then horsing around with some other guys, I wonder how they all feel now. He honestly looks like an ordinary bloke out for a few drinks. Nothing creepy at all, except knowing what we know now makes him repulsive.

I wonder who the people were outside Chemist Warehouse.

It is just tragic beyond words watching her out having a good laugh knowing what happens next.

God bless Tom and her parents and brother. I can't believe they found the strength to get to the courtroom today.

I'm also wondering if she really was saying "get out of here". No disrespect intended, but English is not the first language of the witnesses and with Jill Irish accent, it could well have been something else.

There are so many "if onlys" to this story. It breaks my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926