Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think this was originally when JS was trying to fabricate a reason to leave KM at the caravan park so he could hook up with someone he had met on the dating app? IMO

“He said to me he had to go back up to the Blue Mountains, to Mount Wilson, to let this auctioneer lady in for his mum because she was selling antiques,” Ms Mutten explained.

It appears JS wasn't the one originally suggesting CM come with him to the Mount Wilson address?? JMO

“Charlise had finished swimming in the pool and she said ‘Can I go with daddy, mum?’”

She told the court she said: “Yes, of course”.

Mr McKay alleges Mr Stein was the “last person” to see Charlise and had the opportunity to her between 7.16pm on January 11 and 10.06am on January 12.

If he was grooming the child, he could have told her to ask if she could come with him. The fact she was calling him 'daddy' after only a few days together could indicate he was grooming her.

If he was grooming the child, he could have told her to ask if she could come with him. The fact she was calling him 'daddy' after only a few days together could indicate he was grooming her.
It could also mean she just wanted a 'normal' family. Her grandfather said that she really loved her mum unconditionally. Given how obsessed KM was with JS, I can imagine her encouraging Charlise to think of his as her father.
I agree, IMO Mutten is criminally negligent however she's the only hope the prosecution have of firmly nailing JS - they're going to need to persuade the jury she's being truthful in her account and her word can be trusted, that she's the victim here too. That's going to be difficult! Without this, there could be insufficient evidence IMO.
I don't agree. I think there's plenty of evidence, even without taking KM's testimony into account. They have a murder weapon with JS's prints on it (and no one else's), they likely have evidence that he was violent with KM (documented scratches, bruises etc.), they know he disposed of the body, they know he lied to police, and they have phone messages in which he threatened to kill KS. Throw in his history of criminal activity, and the whole scenario looks to the jury the way it looks to us - that KM was negligent, but JS was murderous. Even the most expensive legal representation is unlikely to make this man look innocent.
One of the posters on another forum was in hospital at the same time as her which was shortly after Charlises death and said that she kept complaining about loosing her 'Golden Egg' (meaning Stein's family money) rather than loosing her daughter
To be fair, we can't necessarily assume that's factual. Whatever we think of KS, she clearly was and is distraught about what happened. In her phone conversations with Stein, she was worried about losing custody of the daughter she still thought was simply missing. It's highly unlikely that she'd be complaining out loud about losing wealth when she knew the police were involved and she was under suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member