Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I put the reason down for a lift as people that move in certain circles do favours without asking questions.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4245491/rally-to-fix-the-parole-crisis/?cs=11

23 Oct 2016, 6 p.m.

Standing on the steps of Parliament House in Melbourne, two North East women and about 100 supporters made a stand saying something had to change.

Their “enough is enough" cause was centred on stronger sentencing for repeat sex offenders.

The Melbourne rally on a rainy Sunday morning followed a similar event in Wangaratta six months ago, which attracted about 1000 people.

Carol Roadknight, a friend of Whorouly woman Karen Chetcuti who was killed in January, said community safety had to be a priority when it came to releasing parolees into small towns

I can't believe it's almost a year...
RIP Karen [emoji173]

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4403470/familys-year-of-grief-for-karen/?cs=11

'One year ago, on January 14, 2016, the red Citroen belonging to the 49-year-old was found burnt out in Myrtleford.

The shocking discovery sparked a wide-ranging search by emergency services between the two towns, then became part of a murder investigation when her body was found in scrub near Lake Buffalo on January 18.'

read more on website.

It is around 7 weeks to Cardamone's trial, and in these 7 weeks, I expect a change of plea from not guilty to guilty. Probably a day before the trial begins. Which means he gets a discount on his sentence, but not so large a discount as he would have got had he pled guilty much earlier than this.

I just don't think he has the money to take it through a not guilty plea, which, in all probability would be then held in Melbourne, as it was widely reported from the beginning that he was a long term offender, recently released on parole for sexual assault among other matters. It would certainly compromise a jury from Wangaratta, Myrtleford, Bright, Benalla, etc.

I honestly will be surprised if Cardamone maintains this attempt at not guilty all the way up to March 8th.. and possibly , also, a change of lawyers, I recall in his first trial way back for the rape and battery that he changed his lawyers mid stream.

His mum's house has just sold and there are tenants in his house. So there is some money floating around.
I think, as with other crimes, the phone pings and the supposed calling of a cab will bring him undone if he doesn't change his plea.
Will be an interesting week!

well,.. here we go.... Tomorrow it begins, and , while it is mainly going to be Cardamone's story, ( because Karen is dead, ) not a lot of it ought to be believed..

Highly likely that he will spin the story of her begging him to have sex with her, her willingly coming back to his place, the 'accident'.. then the total stranger who took the body away, and another stranger who took the car and burnt it...

His mum's house has just sold and there are tenants in his house. So there is some money floating around.
I think, as with other crimes, the phone pings and the supposed calling of a cab will bring him undone if he doesn't change his plea.
Will be an interesting week!

Let's hope there is a taxi driver, Hummers... there was never a mention of it during the investigation of the crime, and it sounds a hugely stupid thing to do.. from memory , he had a relative that lived close by the mountain and the reservoir thingy where the car was burnt out.. not far .. walkable certainly, so I wonder if he was the nice bloke with the lift home ..

phone pings.. always , nearly every time, brings murderers undone these days.. Cardamone was so stupid he even tried to fool his own lawyer with the call about him being in the boot of kidnappers, etc.. Lebanese kidnappers , I think was the general idea.

But that particular lawyer hit the skids, and wound up on the charge himself, due to that very call. So who represents him tomorrow will be interesting, at least, for me, I am always intrigued by defence barristers... they have such a hideous job.

I suppose Mum would kick up with the legal fees, she did the first time with his aggravated rape, and other stuff, ... and was vocal at his parole, with the promise of a home, a job, a car etc.. not many parolees get that kind of leg up straight out of long term sentences for such a rotten crime, but Cardamone did..

Then there is the sale of brothels, etc.. Cardamone had an financial interest, how that is going I don't know.

nothin... don't know what's going on. 12.23 pm , Wednesday. Nothing in the Border Mail.

Possibilities.. Matter adjourned, ( could be many reasons ) ..

Matter undergoing negotiation in regard to plea.

Matter under delay due to unexpected witness, or..

Matter delayed due to the incapacity of the prisoner to instruct his barrister ( mental issues) .. or ( physical illness )

well.. the midday 1./2 past midday news bulletin says he is facing committal at the Wangaratta court this day.. sooooo..

Wangaratta Chronicle‏ @wangchronicle 39m39 minutes ago

Wangaratta court hears of elaborate attempt to cover up murder of Whorouly mum Karen Chetcuti http://ow.ly/5YIe309GZdI

bordermail‏Verified account @bordermail 39m39 minutes ago

Murder victim Karen Chetcuti Verbunt was burned alive

:facepalm:

Geelong Journal‏ @geelongjournal 7m7 minutes ago

Murder trial for Karen Chetcuti: MURDERED mother Karen Chetcuti was allegedly given an animal tranquilliser before… http://m.tbnn.it/NZ6f9x

:facepalm:

OMG!
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...bd95b56?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

MURDERED mother Karen Chetcuti was allegedly given an animal tranquilliser before being gagged, bound, burnt alive and run over a court has heard...

Prosecutor Gavin Silbert QC told the court how the accused entered Ms Chetcuti’s Whorouly home and assaulted her about 9.20pm on January 12 last year...

Giving evidence, VIFM forensic pathologist Malcolm Dodd said Ms Chetcuti was alive before she was burnt.
“The burning has caused her death,” Mr Dodd told the court.

Bridget Rollason‏Verified account @bridgerollo 5m5 minutes ago

Family & friends of Karen Chetcuti-Verbunt wiped away tears as they listened to the mother's horror final hours. More on @PRIME7Albury

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...im.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The AGE Victoria
March 8 2017 - 2:58PM

Murder victim Karen Chetcuti Verbunt was drugged and burnt alive, court told
by Shana Morgan

Mr Cardamone, 49, allegedly went to the woman's home at 9.30pm on January 12, 2016.
He allegedly forced her to ingest a small amount of animal tranquiliser and methamphetamine, bound and gagged her before causing fractures to her skull.

Karen was found dead six days later; she had been drugged with animal tranquiliser, tied up, bashed and then burnt alive, a court has been told.

"He then set about an elaborate charade, making it look like an innocent disappearance," he said.
"He fabricated a story that he had been kidnapped."

omg!
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...bd95b56?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

murdered mother karen chetcuti was allegedly given an animal tranquilliser before being gagged, bound, burnt alive and run over a court has heard...

Prosecutor gavin silbert qc told the court how the accused entered ms chetcuti’s whorouly home and assaulted her about 9.20pm on january 12 last year...

Giving evidence, vifm forensic pathologist malcolm dodd said ms chetcuti was alive before she was burnt.
“the burning has caused her death,” mr dodd told the court.

omg!! :gaah::eek:

Shana Morgan‏ @shana_morgan 38m38 minutes ago

Michael Cardamone allegedly burned Whorouly's Karen Chetcuti alive. Shocking details from court: http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4516676/murder-victim-was-burned-alive/?cs=53 … @bordermail

It was premeditated: the predator entered her home at 9.20pm that evening, prepared with animal tranquilizer, methamphetamine, cable ties and duct tape. Karen who was vulnerable and alone in her own home suffered a brutal, violent death at the hands of this monster.

Death penalty is warranted IMO.

Bridget Rollason‏Verified account @bridgerollo

Court hears horrific details of Karen Chetcuti's murder - allegedly burnt, ran over multiple times by a car and injected with battery acid.

Bridget Rollason‏Verified account @bridgerollo

Family of Karen Chetcuti Verbunt break down as court hears she was tied up and tortured after she was given an animal tranquilliser to sedate her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back