Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my god what absolute filth!!! He had better be locked up forever!!!!!!:maddening:

'the predator entered her home at 9.20pm that evening, prepared with animal tranquilizer, methamphetamine, cable ties and duct tape. '

So the elaborate story about Karen going to his home for a 'punnet of tomato's'.... cockandbull nonsense.. .. he had a story ready to hand... just like his first conviction....

it is terrible, terrible, and all this time, it has been haunting to know that her death was going to turn out to be hideous and violent and vile, and vindictive, and surely, in my opinion, that he chose her as his victim because she was alone, and he knew she was alone.

I believe the bit where he spoke to her in the small local hotel, around sundown, which is where he probably found out that she was going to be alone.

He is a born killer.

Oh my goodness - I just heard the news update on the details of Karens death... I am in total shock! Who the hell would even think to do this.
What a horrific death.
He needs to die.
Gosh I hope she didn't have to suffer too long.
What a terrible case this one is.

and it was a taxi driver!... ... what an unbelievably stupid thing to do.

'Early the next morning at about 3am taxi driver Mick Ralston received a call to pick up a man from Buffalo River Road, he later identified as Cardamone.

The passenger accepted the quoted rate of $120 for the trip back to his Whorouly home.

“He said his car broke down and he didn’t want to disturb his friends in Whorouly, that’s why he got a taxi,” Mr Ralston said.

“He wasn’t overly talkative.”

I can't find anywhere that tells me who is representing him, if anyone knows, do tell..!..

And I am presuming that his plea is still Not Guilty, on the grounds of mistaken identity. ( that is, Cardamone says it was someone else , not him. ) ..

oh those poor kids.. those poor kids.. the cruelty.

Killing her wasn't enough, it was never going to be enough for Cardamone.. he was going to run thru all his fantasies in one hit..

My friend saw him via video link at his previous hearing late last year, he said Cardamone looked as crazy as any one human could look, beyond description, so I wonder what he looks like today. .

And damn these newspaper reports, no mention of if it is in front of a jury , or just a judge, I am thinking a jury, surely.,. ... or which judge it is..

This must be truly hideous for a jury.

I want to know if any of Cardamone's family is there. ..and if he is appearing in person or by vid link, lots of details, I know. ..

thanks, Morrisa.. I knew poor Brendan was way back then, but I don't know if he still is. I would think a barrister would be involved in the actual presentation of Cardamone's defence ( which is how a defence barrister earns the big, big bucks. Making a silk purse out of the pigs ear that is Cardamone requires extraordinary skill ), ..

oh Humdinger. dear old Whorouly will be rocked with horror all over again.. that tiny outpost, a crossroads, the pub, the river, the school, the church, the terrific café...

so awful.

Aww Troops - I think this has rocked you like it did me. I was almost ill when I heard it on the radio....
To think that someone is actually capable of doing what he did. What sort of sick person would do that. Revolting.
Chop off his balls and let him bleed out in a cell .....

Aww Troops - I think this has rocked you like it did me. I was almost ill when I heard it on the radio....
To think that someone is actually capable of doing what he did. What sort of sick person would do that. Revolting.
Chop off his balls and let him bleed out in a cell .....

Cads.. it has.. I don't know why I didn't expect such savagery , brutality, such rage against a woman, such immeasurable fury and hate, I should have expected it.. I am rocked, .. I think because it is Whorouly. . a small , really small out of the way village in a lovely part of Vic.. everyone knows everyone, most have lived there for generations, up with the sun and down with the stars, I don't even think there are street lamps, I can't recall. Maybe at the crossroads.. .

Forever changed. ,.

Georgina McKerrow‏ @GeorgiMcKerrow 4m4 minutes ago

The family and friends of Karen Chetcuti Verbunt showed incredible strength in court, as they heard horrific details about her final hours
[Georgina McKerrow, 10 Eyewitness News]

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...d-burnt-alive-court-told-20170308-gutfim.html

" ... the head of forensic science at the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine said Xylazine was found in Ms Chetcuti Verbunt's stomach... the drug was an animal tranquilizer, but even in small doses could affect humans. There was also evidence of petrol fumes ingested while Ms Chetcuti Verbunt was burnt... "
I used to work at a vet clinic and Xylazine was a rather heavy sedative. Wonder where he got it?

Cads.. it has.. I don't know why I didn't expect such savagery , brutality, such rage against a woman, such immeasurable fury and hate, I should have expected it.. I am rocked, .. I think because it is Whorouly. . a small , really small out of the way village in a lovely part of Vic.. everyone knows everyone, most have lived there for generations, up with the sun and down with the stars, I don't even think there are street lamps, I can't recall. Maybe at the crossroads.. .

Forever changed. ,.
Forever changed - will never be the same again.
Like driving into Snowtown SA - no longer a small little town - only known for one thing now.
Such a shame.
I really was shocked to know what he did to Karen. How anyone can think to do something like this is beyond me. How anyone can even comprehend doing something like this to a fellow human being - indescribable.
Sounds like Whorouly is close to your heart.

Forever changed and never to be the same

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back