Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Herald Sun‏Verified account @theheraldsun 4m4 minutes ago

Sadistic killer Michael Cardamone tried Sopranos-inspired cover-up >> http://trib.al/7S0X3gW @s_deery

Things I didn't know before and wish I still didn't know..

I didn't know he had locked Karen in his shed that night. ..

I didn't know, but I suspected and now know that he tried to have sex with her when she was dead. ..

My pal at court there today has been phoning stuff thru, he says Cardamone actually still looked baffled as to why Karen wouldn't have sex with him at his demand. He doesn't get it, never will. It still hasn't crossed his mind that he is repulsive. He says Cardamone is quite relaxed, and mildly interested in the publication of his brazen vile stupidity, doesn't grasp that people are looking at him as if he is an insect., .... doesn't appear to be fazed by this. Comfortable in court is the expression that springs to my mates mind there. A man not overly concerned.

People are hyperventilating in the court , some having to leave. At a fast pace.

I didn't know, but I suspected and now know that he tried to have sex with her when she was dead. ..

My pal at court there today has been phoning stuff thru, he says Cardamone actually still looked baffled as to why Karen wouldn't have sex with him at his demand. He doesn't get it, never will. It still hasn't crossed his mind that he is repulsive. He says Cardamone is quite relaxed, and mildly interested in the publication of his brazen vile stupidity, doesn't grasp that people are looking at him as if he is an insect., .... doesn't appear to be fazed by this. Comfortable in court is the expression that springs to my mates mind there. A man not overly concerned.

People are hyperventilating in the court , some having to leave. At a fast pace.

Oh Trooper, he's such an evil, evil man! This is one of the most sadistic torture murders I've ever read about!

Trooper, perhaps Cardamone's detached demeanour is part of his theatre...diminished responsibility...mental health card in play. He is arrogant enough.

Or is this vile creature simply...pure evil.

Oh Trooper, he's such an evil, evil man! This is one of the most sadistic torture murders I've ever read about!

Prime, and OZJen, part of the statement he made, read out in court is.. he had been watching Karen for quite a while.. going to the pub, driving out her property, noting times,... he ( I think I have this right ) called this 'getting to know her' ... I see the papers call it 'building up a rapport'.... he actually thought he was in some grotesque way, laying claim to her. That they had a relationship. He called it that, by watching her, getting a handle on her routine, that meant a 'relationship ' to him. And there is nothing that can be done about this sort of crazed narcissistic psyche except death.

I cannot see how Lex Lasry can offer any sort of parole in the long distant future, to an incurable psychopath. ... . I will be so shocked and outraged if he does...

Prime, and OZJen, part of the statement he made, read out in court is.. he had been watching Karen for quite a while.. going to the pub, driving out her property, noting times,... he ( I think I have this right ) called this 'getting to know her' ... I see the papers call it 'building up a rapport'.... he actually thought he was in some grotesque way, laying claim to her. That they had a relationship. He called it that, by watching her, getting a handle on her routine, that meant a 'relationship ' to him. And there is nothing that can be done about this sort of crazed narcissistic psyche except death.

I cannot see how Lex Lasry can offer any sort of parole in the long distant future, to an incurable psychopath. ... . I will be so shocked and outraged if he does...

Trooper, such a distorted sense of entitlement that led to the most horrific loss of an innocent life. I, too, will be outraged if Cardamone is given anything but life without parole.

FYI
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...ichael-cardamone-told-to-expect-long-term-201
August 21 2017 - 6:01PM

'How much worse can it get?': Killer Michael Cardamone told to expect long term

by Shana Morgan
:facepalm:
A desire to have sex with Karen Chetcuti Verbunt led sadistic rapist Michael Cardamone to kill her just to get his way... Cardamone took her from her home and held her captive in his shed... before he sadistically executed her.

Justice Lasry said on the face of the evidence, he would sentence the murderer to life in prison... "I have never declined to fix a minimum term, but this is a shocking case," he said. "How much worse can it get than that?"...

:scale::jail:

where it says , he locked her in his shed, he would have had to drag her across a paddock from the back of her place, where she was first attacked. .( bearing in mind, this is the story he now tells, no one is obligated to believe it ) as she was watering her vegetables.... it is hardly likely she could, or would walk under her own steam, he must have pulled her by her heels across grazing land. ( He actually stated, 'while she was watering her vegetables, '... in case anyone thinks I made that bit up... it is beyond bizarre )

Really, about 100 meters... this is not suburbia..... and I reckon he hid himself there, among her veges, down behind the corn , the beans, because it's open ground. She would have seen him coming across....

My pal is reluctant to go back today. I plan to be there Friday, even though James says it has kept him awake all night in horror.. And he is an officer of the court, and hears murder and mayhem all the day long. He says the policemen attending as witnesses look, still look , shellshocked, and damaged in a fundamental way..

He says there is a growing band of people around the courthouse, they cant all be shoppers, it is a bright freezing morning there, long cold shadows, in a sort of silent solidarity... Humdinger where are you??.....

Today was mostly Cardamone's barrister turning himself inside out, trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear... you and I pay for this, I need hardly remind anyone. ..... the psychiatrists report was a bit of a dogs dinner, there was some reference to 'remorse'... naturally, people tell a psychiatrist what they know they want to hear under the circumstances Cardamone is in.

A bit of a kerfuffle made about Cardamone pleading guilty in the faint hope of getting Mumma's sentence reduced, or redacted, he was pretending that he was fooled by the DPP on this, but Lasry wasn't buying it..

'Justice Lex Lasry said a lack of explanation for exactly what happened to Ms Chetcuti Verbunt counted against him.

“There are ways of showing regret and remorse, I haven’t seen much of that in these proceedings,” he said.

“There are other things that could have been done to atone for this. He could have given you detailed instructions and a reason why.”

Tehan suggests that Cardamone should be cut some slack merely for pleading guilty and 'saving everyone's time'.... although, Cardamone kept everyone waiting and searching in the hot sun for days..... .. My friend and I are really expecting this element of Cardamone's defence to be hurled back in his face, discount for eventually pleading guilty..

An exhausting and distressing day , god knows what it must be like for the family. My friend is into a few stiff drinks even before he dialled my phone, and now I feel the necessity for the same...

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4872004/murder-plea-will-help-mother-get-out-of-jail/?cs=53

Today was mostly Cardamone's barrister turning himself inside out, trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear... you and I pay for this, I need hardly remind anyone. ..... the psychiatrists report was a bit of a dogs dinner, there was some reference to 'remorse'... naturally, people tell a psychiatrist what they know they want to hear under the circumstances Cardamone is in.

A bit of a kerfuffle made about Cardamone pleading guilty in the faint hope of getting Mumma's sentence reduced, or redacted, he was pretending that he was fooled by the DPP on this, but Lasry wasn't buying it..

'Justice Lex Lasry said a lack of explanation for exactly what happened to Ms Chetcuti Verbunt counted against him.

“There are ways of showing regret and remorse, I haven’t seen much of that in these proceedings,” he said.

“There are other things that could have been done to atone for this. He could have given you detailed instructions and a reason why.”

Tehan suggests that Cardamone should be cut some slack merely for pleading guilty and 'saving everyone's time'.... although, Cardamone kept everyone waiting and searching in the hot sun for days..... .. My friend and I are really expecting this element of Cardamone's defence to be hurled back in his face, discount for eventually pleading guilty..

An exhausting and distressing day , god knows what it must be like for the family. My friend is into a few stiff drinks even before he dialled my phone, and now I feel the necessity for the same...

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4872004/murder-plea-will-help-mother-get-out-of-jail/?cs=53

After reading that report Trooper, I think I'll join you with that drink. :mad:

FYI
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...-to-spare-mum-jail-court-20170822-gy1pd8.html

August 22 2017 - 5:01PM
Karen Chetcuti's 'remorseless' killer pleaded guilty to spare mum jail: court
by Shana Morgan

Crown prosecutor Gavin Silbert said Cardamone entered the plea after he and his 79-year-old mother were charged with incitement to murder, for hiring a hitman – who they did not realise was an undercover police officer – to kill the key prosecution witness in the trial...

"The prisoner may have pleaded guilty to secure his mother's release ..." "It was motivated by self-interest, not remorse" Mr Silbert told Wangaratta Supreme Court on Tuesday.

Mr Tehan (Defense Lawyer) said Cardamone had a "tortured conscience" when he "speaks of her body burning and her screaming"...

:facepalm: (OMG!)

Land marks are made by situations that are extreme . They mark a new level , in this case, a new level of depravity and cruelty that requires a sentence that reflects that level for all time. The expectation is high that this Cardamone will serve as a landmark in Victorian Law.

Around the courthouse, and along Murphy St the idea that Cardamone was driven by a desire for sex is the least of it, the strong belief is he was driven by a desire to inflict as much pain and suffering a human can inflict upon another human. I cant remember if the MSN reported it , I think they did, .. he had , in among all the other stuff, while she was locked in the shed and tied up, ( with a fractured skull !) injected her with methamphetamine, 'to keep her alert'....
It is hard to write this stuff. .. this, apart from the battery fluid injection up at the burning point at Lake Buffalo.

FYI
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...-to-spare-mum-jail-court-20170822-gy1pd8.html

August 22 2017 - 5:01PM
Karen Chetcuti's 'remorseless' killer pleaded guilty to spare mum jail: court
by Shana Morgan

Crown prosecutor Gavin Silbert said Cardamone entered the plea after he and his 79-year-old mother were charged with incitement to murder, for hiring a hitman – who they did not realise was an undercover police officer – to kill the key prosecution witness in the trial...

"The prisoner may have pleaded guilty to secure his mother's release ..." "It was motivated by self-interest, not remorse" Mr Silbert told Wangaratta Supreme Court on Tuesday.

Mr Tehan (Defense Lawyer) said Cardamone had a "tortured conscience" when he "speaks of her body burning and her screaming"...

:facepalm: (OMG!)

BBM Upon reflection, what emotional/mental reaction did Mr Tehan have?
Was Mr Tehan 'tortured' at hearing his client's description of his victim being burned alive?

IMO it could be difficult to separate the reported 'tortured conscience' experienced by the lawyer hearing these brutal/sadistic recounts and/or the client's possible manipulation of his lawyer. :thinking:

IMO Justice Lasry was wise to note that he had not seen evidence of remorse.

Today is such an important day for Karen Chetcuti's family and friends. We're with you today in the anticipation that justice will be delivered. Hoping that you will look out for and support each other at this difficult time. :rose:
:jail:

FYI

http://www.scvprobate.com.au/lists/scv_daily_list.pdf
Supreme Court List for Friday, 25 August 2017
Trial Division
Criminal Division
Sitting at Wangaratta
Justice Lasry

10:30
S CR 2017 0044 R vs Michael CARDAMONE For Sentence

sorry to be so late with this info.. it has taken time for me to find a connection..

https://www.streaming.scvwebcast1.com/live-sentence-22d/

as I hoped, the new Wang court is set up for voice ( and , eventually , TV recording ) ... this sentence is going to be broadcast live, on the above website, at the moment , it is music, but it will begin around 10.30..am Friday, today, 25th August.

and if you miss the live broadcast, you can still , of course hear the sentence by Lex Lasry on the VIctorian Supreme Court Website Judgements site.. also, you can pick up a transcript of the judgement there. ..

Ashlee Aldridge‏ @Ashlee_Aldridge 23m23 minutes ago

Michael Cardamone has just arrived at the Wangaratta Supreme Court for sentencing @WINNews_Alb

Sharnelle Vella‏Verified account @SharnelleVella 3m3 minutes ago

Wangaratta Court room full of friends and family waiting for sadistic killer Michael Cardamone to be sentenced for murder of Karen Checuti.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back