Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
precisely.. the effort of pleading guilty, and saving court time and taxpayer money did not outweigh the egregious elements of this crime. ...

What did he get?

life.. no parole. various other sentences for the other crimes, all to run concurrently with life with no parole term set.

landmark case for Victoria, sets a precedent that can't be undone...

life.. no parole. various other sentences for the other crimes, all to run concurrently with life with no parole term set.

landmark case for Victoria, set's a precedent that can't be undone...

Thanks. Thank God for that.

BREAKING

Sharnelle Vella‏Verified account @SharnelleVella 8m
Michael Cardamone has been sentenced to life in prison WITHOUT parole for the murder of Whorouly mother Karen Checuti.

:happydance:

Shannon Deery‏Verified account @s_deery 10m10 minutes ago

BREAKING: killer Michael Cardamone jailed for life, no parole for Karen Chetcuti murder. Judge Lex Lasry's toughest ever sentence. #auslaw

Deepest sympathy to the Chetcuti family, the Verbunt family, to the people of Whorouly, all 180 of you, to the people of Wangaratta. .

I don't believe in the death penalty, but cases like this try that belief.

it is a normal part of the process that Tehan will file an appeal against this sentence for his client, it is the normal follow on, and Tehan will probably hope that the uniqueness of the sentence might be a factor in it being repealed, but I am reasonably and comfortably confident that a Cardamone appeal will be knocked back and the sentence will stand..

Great news! Wonder what will happen with Mumma tomorrow!

"A life sentence without parole for Cardamone would be a landmark case in Victoria, because the maximum sentence has never been handed down to a prisoner who did not have a prior conviction for murder."

"Land marks are made by situations that are extreme . They mark a new level , in this case, a new level of depravity and cruelty that requires a sentence that reflects that level for all time. The expectation is high that this Cardamone will serve as a landmark in Victorian Law."

Justice Lasry stated that Cardamone's crime was at the very high end of criminal culpability; a dreadful crime requires a dreadful punishment. Justice Lasry said: "your crime was so horrific, so cruel, so callous".

Justice Lasry noted that Dr Walker [wisely] made no comment on the genuineness of Cardamone's attempt to display remorse. Cardamone may regret his crime, but Justice Lasry was not persuaded that Cardamone showed any genuine remorse.

Justice Lasry described Cardamone's crime against KarenChetcuti as horrific, depraved & disgusting. "You are being sentenced as a serious violent offender for the protection of the community, & general deterence as the gravity of your offence could hardly be higher"...

The gravity of this crime has warranted a Landmark Sentence under Victorian Law.

Great news! Wonder what will happen with Mumma tomorrow!

the general feeling in the lanes and by paths of the legal labyrinth is that she will be released, after spending 3 months in remand ... but this sentence today could affect that, she might get a whole lot more... I would like to think so.....

Shannon Deery‏Verified account @s_deery 24m24 minutes ago

Takes a special kind of evil to get life no parole. Particularly after pleading guilty. Incredibly rare sentence.

Supreme Court of Vic‏Verified account @SCVSupremeCourt 28m28 minutes ago

Justice Lasry has sentenced Michael Cardamone to life in prison with no minimum term for the murder of Karen Chetcuti and other charges

Lex ( I cant help but call him Lex, he is the kind of Justice that provokes the kind of crazed fan behaviour I exhibit ) went back into Cardamone's history with the police and legal orgs of Victoria.. , and what a long and dreary repetitive life of stupid , stupid vicious antics... at age18, assault, 19 assault, assault with a weapon.. drug use, theft, theft, drug theft, same again and again, up to the rape and assault of the 15 yr old, he threatened her with a wrench among other things...

Which makes the undertakings his mother, and sister made, and some businessmen ( !) made in applications at his parole hearing to have him released back into a small country village utterly and criminally reprehensible. They knew..

my sympathies and respect to Carol Roadnight, for keeping this hideous murder in the public eye. Enough is Enough , sadly, cant disband, because for people like Cardamone it's never enough... ..

Shannon Deery‏Verified account @s_deery 24m24 minutes ago

Takes a special kind of evil to get life no parole. Particularly after pleading guilty. Incredibly rare sentence.

Perhaps it was time for it... NSW has it, I think QLD does, and also WA.. I had hoped for it, for some reason this murder stuck in my craw... . Justice Lasry gave quite a few hints that he would do it, which gave me heart and others too, and must have made Cardamone's heart sink... When Lex said, 'it cant get much worse'.. and , that he was 'not in any way inhibited from extending the parameters of sentences for murder....' I did begin to become quite settled that he would move it up the notch needed... even so, it was fraught, nothing is ever set in concrete, until it is set in concrete in the law.....

and of course,, for all those folks who have committed murder in Victoria and are awaiting being charged, like, oh.. say.. um.. Borce Ristevski, take note, Borce , old boy.....

Life with no parole!
A landmark decision for Victoria!

Justice? Not really. If the parole system did their job Karen would been enjoying watching her children grow. Not burnt alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back