Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you PIT

Borce Ristevski’s son Anthony Rickard drops bombshell

The son of wife killer Borce Ristevski claims he is responsible for his father’s surprise decision to change his plea to guilty.

news.com.auMARCH 14, 20193:59PM

EXCLUSIVE

………..The suggestion is that Ristevski opted out of a trial to spare his daughter Sarah, now 23, the agony of hearing her estranged brother reveal sordid details of his alleged affair with her mother.

“The first 14 years of my life were bad but they weren’t the worst part of my life,” Mr Rickard told news.com.au.

“I thought things were going to get better when I went to live with them. I was a *advertiser censored**ed up kid and they were meant to ‘save’ me but it turns out that my mother was the good one.

“My mother actually had morals but when I went to live with (Borce and Karen Ristevski), all the morals she put in me turned to . I lost my self respect, I lost everything that was good.

“He knew what was going on between me and Karen but he did nothing, he didn’t protect me, he was a coward.

“That’s why I told him if he didn’t man up now, after all these years of doing nothing while I went through hell, it would all come out in the witness box.”

Mr Rickard says trauma stemming from a dysfunctional family life led to run-ins with the law and drug abuse. However, he remains convinced the threat of his testimony was the reason for his father’s backflip.

Mr Rickard claims he first approached his father about “the situation with Karen” in 2006.

“He told me that we’d work it out as a family, but nothing ever happened,” he said.

And so it festered, unaddressed, until a few weeks before Ms Ristevski mysteriously vanished from the $1 million Avondale Heights home she shared with her husband and their daughter Sarah on June 29, 2016.

Ristevski told police she had stormed out after an argument about money but police could find no witnesses or CCTV footage of her leaving the house that day….

……He told police he initially believed his stepmother had fled voluntarily, citing a phone conversation the pair had two weeks earlier that triggered discord within her marriage. Mr Rickard told cops he’d followed up the call with a text message in which he threatened to kill himself.

“When I first saw that Karen was missing, I initially felt guilt, thinking my call to her may have had something to do with it,” he said at the time.

“Although I’ve had some serious issues with Karen, she was always there for me.”

Mr Rickard later elaborated on the phone call to news.com.au, explaining it had related to exposing an alleged sexual relationship with his stepmother…..

Son claims his relationship with stepmother was behind guilty plea

AR is taking credit for BR's confession

"I am responsible for this, I gave him an ultimatum,” Mr Rickard told news.com.au in a phone call this morning.

“I told him; ‘If you don’t get up and be a man I’ll go into the (witness) box and tell them exactly what went on behind closed doors’.”

By “behind closed doors”, Mr Rickard says he is referring to a long-running sexual relationship with his stepmother he alleges began when his father took him in as a troubled teenager."

Looks like an affair was real

I don't believe the "affair" at all happened.

news.com.au article re Anthony
"Borce Ristevski’s son Anthony Rickard drops bombshell"
i'm still pretty new to the forum (and to the forum rules) am i permitted to produce full articles here??
Anthony states that it was him that encouraged BR to plead guilty.

You must provide a link and can only copy 10% of the article. Which 10% is up to you.

thank you PIT

The son of wife killer Borce Ristevski claims he is responsible for his father’s surprise decision to change his plea to guilty.

news.com.auMARCH 14, 20193:59PM

EXCLUSIVE

………..The suggestion is that Ristevski opted out of a trial to spare his daughter Sarah, now 23, the agony of hearing her estranged brother reveal sordid details of his alleged affair with her mother.

“The first 14 years of my life were bad but they weren’t the worst part of my life,” Mr Rickard told news.com.au.

“I thought things were going to get better when I went to live with them. I was a *advertiser censored**ed up kid and they were meant to ‘save’ me but it turns out that my mother was the good one.

“My mother actually had morals but when I went to live with (Borce and Karen Ristevski), all the morals she put in me turned to ****. I lost my self respect, I lost everything that was good.

“He knew what was going on between me and Karen but he did nothing, he didn’t protect me, he was a coward.

“That’s why I told him if he didn’t man up now, after all these years of doing nothing while I went through hell, it would all come out in the witness box.”

Mr Rickard says trauma stemming from a dysfunctional family life led to run-ins with the law and drug abuse. However, he remains convinced the threat of his testimony was the reason for his father’s backflip.

Mr Rickard claims he first approached his father about “the situation with Karen” in 2006.

“He told me that we’d work it out as a family, but nothing ever happened,” he said.

And so it festered, unaddressed, until a few weeks before Ms Ristevski mysteriously vanished from the $1 million Avondale Heights home she shared with her husband and their daughter Sarah on June 29, 2016.

Ristevski told police she had stormed out after an argument about money but police could find no witnesses or CCTV footage of her leaving the house that day….

……He told police he initially believed his stepmother had fled voluntarily, citing a phone conversation the pair had two weeks earlier that triggered discord within her marriage. Mr Rickard told cops he’d followed up the call with a text message in which he threatened to kill himself.

“When I first saw that Karen was missing, I initially felt guilt, thinking my call to her may have had something to do with it,” he said at the time.

“Although I’ve had some serious issues with Karen, she was always there for me.”

Mr Rickard later elaborated on the phone call to news.com.au, explaining it had related to exposing an alleged sexual relationship with his stepmother…..

Hi SouthernHighlands...............just a friendly warning that we are only to post 10% ( I think ) of any articles due to copy right. ;):)

Finally, Ant is having his day, .. whether in court, or merely in the press, it's all the same to Ant.

It's a sorry story, for sure, and it covers all the bases for Ant.. revenge on a father, revenge on a half sister, revenge on a stepmother, and uncle, it has everything and pink lemonade as well.

And it puts Ant front and centre in the panorama of this crime. He not only solved it, he provoked the solution to it. High Fives to Ant.

Do I believe it?.. not much. Not very much at all. I know it's politically correct to believe all claims of child sexual abuse, but in this circumstance, taking everything about Ant into consideration, I find that difficult to do.

Finally, Ant is having his day, .. whether in court, or merely in the press, it's all the same to Ant.

It's a sorry story, for sure, and it covers all the bases for Ant.. revenge on a father, revenge on a half sister, revenge on a stepmother, and uncle, it has everything and pink lemonade as well.

And it puts Ant front and centre in the panorama of this crime. He not only solved it, he provoked the solution to it. High Fives to Ant.

Do I believe it?.. not much. Not very much at all. I know it's politically correct to believe all claims of child sexual abuse, but in this circumstance, taking everything about Ant into consideration, I find that difficult to do.

I think Karen probably showed Ant some care & compassion, which he probably hadn't had before & in his twisted mind mistook it for what he says was a " sexual relationship " :eek::rolleyes::(

thank you PIT

i saw that another time near the start of all this, is he saying he slept with his step mother, i mean what.... i know this guy has issues but is that for real that is still incest right?

doesn't seem right to me but i don't want to throw his claims in the bin in case he really is a victim of abuse

He would have been an ideally vulnerable abuse victim though. Low intelligence, no real parents, love-starved. And what he experienced as caring love from KR might have been grooming. If anyone now knows the truth--and perhaps they don't--it's Ant. I can't contradict him, though I did he was a murderer for a good while.

He would have been an ideally vulnerable abuse victim though. Low intelligence, no real parents, love-starved. And what he experienced as caring love from KR might have been grooming. If anyone now knows the truth--and perhaps they don't--it's Ant. I can't contradict him, though I did he was a murderer for a good while.

Equally, he would have sat round in all those long , repetitive 'therapy sessions' they have at drug rehab, where people tell the most outlandish stories, then , it comes out, they had a decent life and threw it away for the sake of rebellion and defiance. But a lot of sympathy is dispensed and Ant likes that , a lot.

Ant , among all the public claimants of child sexual abuse, by clergy, priest, schoolteacher, swimming coach, etc, is the only one I find unable to credit.. I just cant do it.

And since Ant had already claimed this particular facet of his life, and Karens' to the press, on TV, and to the police, and to the prosecutor, it's hard to believe that Borce would have trembled at the thought of Ant saying it all over again. It's all been said before.

Everyone in Melbourne has heard Ant's story about this..

So I find Ant's claim of being 'The Fixer' in all this a bit rich.

Nocookies

Deadly dime-a-dozen kind of tale: Why Borce Ristevski should be on trial for murder

OPINION

There’s something fundamentally wrong when Borce Ristevski can kill his wife, hide her body, construct a ridiculous tower of lies and prosecutors can’t, or won’t, take him to trial for murder.

Ristevski had always denied killing his wife of 27 years, Karen, after she went missing from Melbourne’s northern suburbs on July 29, 2016. He said she went for a walk to clear her head after an argument and never returned.

He joined their daughter, Sarah, in making a public appeal.

Later, a reporter asked the tough question, “Did you kill your wife”. Ristevski fled the gaze of the TV cameras.

After her body was eventually found, he would be a tearful pallbearer at her funeral. Sound familiar? It should, it’s a dime a dozen kind of tale.

The Australian - Deadly dime-a-dozen kind of tale.

(It says no cookies, which usually means Paywalled, but I got in no problem)

Equally, he would have sat round in all those long , repetitive 'therapy sessions' they have at drug rehab, where people tell the most outlandish stories, then , it comes out, they had a decent life and threw it away for the sake of rebellion and defiance. But a lot of sympathy is dispensed and Ant likes that , a lot.

Ant , among all the public claimants of child sexual abuse, by clergy, priest, schoolteacher, swimming coach, etc, is the only one I find unable to credit.. I just cant do it.

And since Ant had already claimed this particular facet of his life, and Karens' to the press, on TV, and to the police, and to the prosecutor, it's hard to believe that Borce would have trembled at the thought of Ant saying it all over again. It's all been said before.

Everyone in Melbourne has heard Ant's story about this..

So I find Ant's claim of being 'The Fixer' in all this a bit rich.
Agree, Ant having anything to do with the guilty plea is garbage.

And I see I left out the word "think" in my previous post, and it's too late to edit.

wow the age now has a paywall, the last one to go i guess.. its annoying that news online is no longer free for cases like this and others

i feel like they double dip as well by charging you a monthly fee plus having advertising covering the entire thing

on to the question, i guess you don't get scratches when you suprise your victim unlike baden-clay where it was a struggle i beleive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Looneybinmadness