Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Son claims his relationship with stepmother was behind guilty plea

The son of wife killer Borce Ristevski said he gave his father an ultimatum; plead guilty or he’d spill details about an affair with his stepmother.

“That’s why I told him if he didn’t man up now, after all these years of doing nothing while I went through hell, it would all come out in the witness box.”

Mr Rickard says trauma stemming from a dysfunctional family life led to run-ins with the law and drug abuse. However, he remains convinced the threat of his testimony was the reason for his father’s backflip.

Karen Ristevski's daughter Sarah blindsided by father Borce's guilty plea | Daily Mail Online

The media conference came to a swift, teary end. In private, Mr Ristevski blamed police for trying to 'pin' the crime on him, a court heard.

After nine agonising months of mystery, Sarah's mother's body was found at the Mount Macedon Regional Park in February 2017.

She mourned her mother at a funeral service attended by her father, listening as the crowd were regaled with tributes about the 'close' family unit.

Borce acted as pallbearer and buried Karen at a cemetery in Williamstown, near one of the couple's favourite spots.

Sad that no mention is made of her loving brother and even sadder is the blank right hand side for someone else's epitaph to join hers.

Interesting that the date of death is noted as the day Karen was found.

View attachment 174161
Enough for me to puke....

It is obvious who was the executor of Karen's estate. The executor had the power to use her money to pay for funeral matters, including installing the headstone. I can imagine Karen's side of family can't stand it either.

Since now BR will be looking at being locked up for a long time, I hope someone like Aunt Patty will take over looking after Karen's matters. If anything is left to do....

May have been Victim Of Crime funds also but unsure?
Would they pay for the surviving partner's side of the tomb?:rolleyes:

There has to be something amiss... I cannot for the life of me understand how the prosecution's case came apart? What on earth has happened here?
Yeah something really off.
So BR for years has denied any wrong doing and at the 11th hour he says yeah ok I killed the Mrs but I did not intend to.
So if he wants a lesser sentence he will need to inform the court and the victims how he killed his wife, why he killed his wife and exactly when he killed his wife.
If BR stays silent preferring to take extra time. That will go a long way in convincing me that there is a someone that does know at least some of the answers and BR is protecting that someone.
imo

Old mate Borce certainly is an interesting study, my mind drifts off to so many possible scenarios.. Ant, I know he’s been messed up, drugs and all that but... is there an element of truth to his rants and stories.

No idea why this popped into my head BUT Has there been any sniffs around B and “inappropriate” behaviour with kids? Is there a wicked story that could be even more shocking than we know? Is this plea (or cover up as I like to call it) to prevent the kids being put on the stand? Would questions be asked that could be even more damaging? Oh gawd I don’t know, just rambling thoughts

The Herald Sun understands that Ristevski approached police last year to say that he would be willing to plead guilty to manslaughter.

But that offer was rejected, as investigators wanted to find out how Karen died and pursue the charge of murder.

Category: | Herald Sun

IMO he certainly didn't want this to go to trial and any possibility it may was concerning him immensely, WHY? I am thinking a post in this forum may have already given us the answer, IMHO.

Enough for me to puke....

It is obvious who was the executor of Karen's estate. The executor had the power to use her money to pay for funeral matters, including installing the headstone. I can imagine Karen's side of family can't stand it either.

Since now BR will be looking at being locked up for a long time, I hope someone like Aunt Patty will take over looking after Karen's matters. If anything is left to do....

Would they pay for the surviving partner's side of the tomb?:rolleyes:
I don't know but I am aware sometimes Victims Of Crime funding can be requested for funeral and the like expenses, a possibility only.

The Herald Sun understands that Ristevski approached police last year to say that he would be willing to plead guilty to manslaughter.

But that offer was rejected, as investigators wanted to find out how Karen died and pursue the charge of murder.

“If you look at the people who go up for manslaughter, they all say what happened, but he is not going to say what he did. This is very bizarre Ms gray said.

No scratches: Why did Borce Ristevski escape the fate of Gerard Baden-Clay? THE AGE

"For sentencing purposes, they will need to have an agreed set of facts. But where are they going to get these facts from, when he's always denied doing it?" Mr Faris asked.

"How he killed her and the circumstances around the killing are unknown. And he'll give a version of events no doubt in the course of the plea, but the prosecutors don't necessarily have to accept that," Mr Papas told 3AW radio.

Last edited:
Will we ever know how Karen Ristevski died? THE AGE

So what length of sentence will Ristevski get?

It’s hard to say what the sentence will be. The average manslaughter sentence is about seven years, but this case could be considered as one of the most serious examples of the crime.

The most aggravating factor is that Ristevski dumped her body, hid it in the bush and did not tell police where it was.

"It's a gross aggravation," one lawyer said.

Nocookies
www.theaustralian.com.au
Deadly dime-a-dozen kind of tale: Why Borce Ristevski should be on trial for murder
OPINION
There’s something fundamentally wrong when Borce Ristevski can kill his wife, hide her body, construct a ridiculous tower of lies and prosecutors can’t, or won’t, take him to trial for murder.

If you are responsible for someone’s death and you hide or otherwise dispose of the body, perhaps this act of interfering with the corpse should automatically elevate the crime to murder. It’s high time for an informed public debate on this issue.

This article from last years committal hearing.

Mr Ristevski's lawyers have told his committal hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court that they plan to argue the murder charge should be downgraded to manslaughter.

His defence lawyers and prosecution are expected to make submissions on Wednesday after the evidence concludes.

Mr Ristevski is expected to plead not guilty if the case proceeds to trial.

Borce Ristevski's lawyers to argue murder charge should be downgraded

There bloody well is something fundamentally wrong when a husband can kill and dump his wife. Lie and deny for years and it all comes down to his willingness to plead guilty to the lesser charge and never have to explain to family why and how.
imo

“If you look at the people who go up for manslaughter, they all say what happened, but he is not going to say what he did. This is very bizarre Ms gray said.
If he was willing to plead manslaughter last year as reported it then makes AR's claims that he was reason he has now baseless. If he was prepared to offer that plea he must have told SR the details so if plea was accepted she didn't have to find out through the media

If he was willing to plead manslaughter last year as reported it then makes AR's claims that he was reason he has now baseless. If he was prepared to offer that plea he must have told SR the details so if plea was accepted she didn't have to find out through the media

Yes it would make AR's claim that he gave his father the ultimatum to plead guilty or all the dirty laundry will be aired, baseless.
I agree, you would think BR would have informed SR so as to prepare her for the shock, embarrassment and heartache that her father had lied to her about something so horrible for years and was now going to plead guilty.
Is it possible that it was SR that gave her father the ultimatum?
Or could BR be protecting someone?

Yes it would make AR's claim that he gave his father the ultimatum to plead guilty or all the dirty laundry will be aired, baseless.
I agree, you would think BR would have informed SR so as to prepare her for the shock, embarrassment and heartache that her father had lied to her about something so horrible for years and was now going to plead guilty.
Is it possible that it was SR that gave her father the ultimatum?
Or could BR be protecting someone?
Having the opportunity to plead guilty to manslaughter in return for the dropping of the murder charge is a good result for BR. His lawyer would have been trying to bring this about for a long time. The prosecution resisted the offer until the curious decision by the judge to disallow some evidence. They then formed the opinion that the case for murder was insufficiently strong in the face of the risk that he would get off altogether (like Tostee). I don't see that any extra explanation for the guilty plea is needed.

I don't believe BR is protecting anyone. From how I have seen it all play out BR is only concerned about himself and if he had to drop anyone else including the one closest to him to save himself he wouldn't hesitate to do so.

You certainty wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him.

Last edited:
Did he need more time to stitch up the assets?
The house was ‘saved’ and tenants secured at $3,000pm, Karen’s business was closed and maybe a bit of legal and financial juggling was needed. Maybe a few transfers of life insurance and Super.
I’m remembering he’d transferred the business into his name so what else did he transfer under Karen’s nose?
Let’s face it he’s the guru of pecan nuts to Godonlyknowswhere.

I call BS on no intent.

With the high mortgage on the house, and many months possibly where little money was added, could there be little left in the value.
With Melbourne prices going down, the house is worth far less now.
So how much, may be present in SR's bucket: not much?
So what happens now????
Continue with the leaky bucket!!
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads