Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"key piece of evidence" was sent to technical experts in the US but did not provide any further details.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-disappearance-sent-to-us#2mHef5LlQUHjUKOx.99
Would the key piece of evidence be the blurry footage of borce leaving with Karens Merc, Maybe technology experts in trying to help pixilate the blury bits.to see if there was another human in the car.
"Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin and Cornell Tech say that they’ve trained a piece of software that can undermine the privacy benefits of standard content-masking techniques like blurring and pixelation by learning to read or see what’s meant to be hidden in images—anything from a blurred house number to a pixelated human face in the background of a photo. And they didn’t even need to painstakingly develop extensive new image uncloaking methodologies to do it. Instead, the team found that mainstream machine learning methods—the process of “training” a computer with a set of example data rather than programming it—lend themselves readily to this type of attack."
more on this article here. https://www.wired.com/2016/09/machine-learning-can-identify-pixelated-faces-researchers-show/

Also there stating "key piece of evidence". so sounds like they already know who it is ,and now are working on evidence to prove it was that person.

Which brings us back to the discovery of the CCTV and one WSer's theory of a passenger in the Merc and investigators needing to ascertain their identity. Especially when you look at the placement of the paragraphs in this MSM article:

'
'A piece of evidence that could prove crucial to the investigation into the disappearance of Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski has reportedly been sent to the US for expert analysis.

The Herald Sun reports that a "key piece of evidence" was sent to technical experts in the US but did not provide any further details.

Detectives have also reviewed thousands of hours of CCTV footage as part of the probe, which has entered its fifth month.'

Key piece of evidence in Karen Ristevski disappearance sent to US for analysis

As Makara posted earlier on the thread she 'read(s) between the lines' of MSM articles so in this case we should probably take note of the sequence of the opening paragraphs.

I hope investigators get a breakthrough in this case soon.

"key piece of evidence" was sent to technical experts in the US but did not provide any further details.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-disappearance-sent-to-us#2mHef5LlQUHjUKOx.99
Would the key piece of evidence be the blurry footage of borce leaving with Karens Merc, Maybe technology experts in trying to help pixilate the blury bits.to see if there was another human in the car.
"Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin and Cornell Tech say that they’ve trained a piece of software that can undermine the privacy benefits of standard content-masking techniques like blurring and pixelation by learning to read or see what’s meant to be hidden in images—anything from a blurred house number to a pixelated human face in the background of a photo. And they didn’t even need to painstakingly develop extensive new image uncloaking methodologies to do it. Instead, the team found that mainstream machine learning methods—the process of “training” a computer with a set of example data rather than programming it—lend themselves readily to this type of attack."
more on this article here. https://www.wired.com/2016/09/machine-learning-can-identify-pixelated-faces-researchers-show/

Thanks moreinfo. I'm thinking the blurry footage inside the Merc as well.

SR not cooperating with police seems way out weird for me. Seriously, if my mother was missing presumed murdered - I would be moving the pacific ocean to see what I could find. Either she was estranged or becoming estranged from her mum, or she has to cower out of fear. I don't see how she could keep it together - if her mum and her were close and spoke everyday then this absence would be excruciating for her - but here she is holed up with her mouth shut not cooperating with the police. Honestly - what innocent person is afraid of police involvement....

If the allegations by the stepson are believable, S may know about it. It may have affected her relationship with her mother in favour of her father.

If the allegations by the stepson are believable, S may know about it. It may have affected her relationship with her mother in favour of her father.

I still wonder how involved Sarah is in Karen's disappearance ??

OFF TOPIC....Radica Zafirovska's daughter from THE GAP, Brisbane QLD has been charged with her mother's murder yesterday.....She was bashed over the head 20 times with a fence paling found in daughter's bedroom....Has been in the news in QLD all this week.
Don't know if anyone here is interested in starting a thread for her ??

I still wonder how involved Sarah is in Karen's disappearance ??

OFF TOPIC....Radica Zafirovska's daughter from THE GAP, Brisbane QLD has been charged with her mother's murder yesterday.....She was bashed over the head 20 times with a fence paling found in daughter's bedroom....Has been in the news in QLD all this week.
Don't know if anyone here is interested in starting a thread for her ??

Here you go, tiddles:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sbane-Qld-28-Oct-2016&p=12913285#post12913285

Post away!

Nothing more since October 31:

Karen Ristevski Mystery Update: US Expert Helps

'Victoria police remained silent on the Karen Ristevski details on Monday though. “The investigation remains active and ongoing. We will not be providing a running commentary on the case,” Victoria Police spokesman Luke Zammit said. '

And so we continue to wait.

I agree that Sarah and Ant are the two most likely to know the true nature of their marriage. Let's take Ant's impressions with a grain of salt, but he characterises him as weak and cowardly. Sarah was comfortable enough to tell the world her mum went ballistic, to me this suggests that she found her Dad's story credible at that time. Even if you loved your Mum, if you knew she was capable of giving Dad a really hard time and one day Dad snapped uncharacteristically, I don't think it is a stretch that you would get invested in protecting Dad afterwards. They both would have been better off coming forward immediately and letting justice take it's course. He would of been out of jail in time to be a grandparent to Sarah's children. It is not like it is going to interrupt his amazing career as a failed businessman and uber driver and lose the family fortune. They have to live with this hanging their heads while they disrespect Karen's memory and remains. The facade is cracked. They need to just get on with it, do the moral thing.

I guess we won't hear any more about this case until Karen's body is found ???

Hoping that can happen sooner rather than later, Wonder what has happened with this?

A KEY piece of evidence has been sent to the United States in the hope that technical experts there can crack the case of the disappearance of Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...k=e42c26f78eaafaa7390051b07526b51c-1479595273

Depends SA. I'm sure all interested parties want police to have as 'open and shut' a case that they can when an arrest(s) is finally made. I understand how hard it is to have patience when waiting for justice to be served though.

As for the potential evidence, that also depends on the time it takes to analyse it and for the technical reports to be generated. We'll have to rely on the good detectives of VICPOL to lead us out of the dark wrt Karen's case, I suspect.

No much happening, the Golf is in the drive with older blue Corolla out the front which I have noticed on several occasions.

Maybe the Merc is permanently parked in the garage?
The blue Corolla may be Sarah's?...I wonder if she is still living there?

OFF TOPIC BO....I hope our lovely TGY is okay....Have noticed that she hasn't posted on any of the threads here for a while..:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member